2015 Ford Mustang revealed as an American pony car with a passport

I'd ride around in this old Ford

1931-Ford-Coupe_247721_low_res.jpg

Chevy should bring back that yr/style Nova...since we're ALL about retro these days.
Rear wheel drive with maybe the 5.3 in it

I agree, how about a retro engine? 5.3? Nah, Im thinking 6.3 with the batteries in the trunk, yes I said batteries. Must have a manual, 5 or 6 speed, we need to get together, we could get rich!

All I see is ads for mustangs on TB now..LOL

I showed this pic to my 10yr old daughter and her friend, and asked them if I should get it, it only has 55k miles...they both at the same time said EWWWW!!!!..Lmao

00l0l_azkvHByE4em_600x450.jpg

Have you ever seen somebody that ISN'T a douche, driving something that looked like that??..LOL (my apologies if you own one..lol)

Well I've driven one and I'm not a douche.

But I also don't have the kinda dough to own one either.

Still, I like it for what it is, not what kind of person might be found owning one. They are a beautiful execution of engineering and excellent use of materials, i.e. carbon fiber and exotic metal alloys.

Well I've driven one and I'm not a douche.

But I also don't have the kinda dough to own one either.

Still, I like it for what it is, not what kind of person might be found owning one.
They are a beautiful execution of engineering and excellent use of materials, i.e. carbon fiber and exotic metal alloys

Ooooookkkkkkaaaaayyyy. Okay.

Ooooookkkkkkaaaaayyyy. Okay.

Well they are.

And get in one, fire that bad boy up, feel the rumble of the V8 power behind the seat (yes, the engine is in the middle of the car), put it in gear and ease out the clutch, and run it up through the gears. After getting the tires warmed up, dive into the first turn braking zone at something close to 200mph, jump on the binders and downshift to the gear needed for the turn, the deceleration forces throwing you forward against the belts.

At the end of the braking zone get off the brakes, and squeeze down on the throttle. Feel and hear the rumble behind you as the power comes on, the tires bite into the asphalt, and the lateral g-forces as you accelerate through the turn. As you reach the apex of the turn the throttle is al the way on the floor. At the exit of the turn you let the car run all the way out to the edge of the pavement, feeling the power of the engine pushing, no, pinning you back in the seat.

Run up through the gears, as the speed climbs.

Then back on the brakes, the car slowing rapidly as you downshift for the next turn. And again, accelerate through the curve, exit, accelerate, then brake again, and again, until you find yourself on the front stretch, pass the start/finish line and begin the next lap.

The adrenaline rush you feel as the car propels you through the air and down each straight, the feeling of the massive brakes as they bring the forward speed gained from the high horsepower engine back down to a manageable speed for each turn, there is nothing in this world that compares with it.

It has to be experienced to be understood.

And a Saleen S7R is a perfect machine with which to experience it.

I have driven many different kinds of cars on the road courses out West. Corvette. Camaro. Datsun Z. Nissan 300ZX Turbo. Toyota Celica Turbo. Mustang. Audi. Porsche. Bone stock. Purpose built racing machines.

The Saleen S7R leaves them all in the dust. Hand built in America. All-aluminum 427 (a bored-and-stroked derivative of Ford's 351 Windsor small-block, not a big-block) later fitted with twin turbochargers to produce 750 horsepower. 4130 steel spaceframe and aluminum honeycomb composite panels make up the chassis. The carbon fiber body is aerodynamically designed and at 160mph the car creates its own weight (2750lbs) in downforce.

Saleen-S7-35-1600.jpg