Estes | 2015 payrate increase GOOD NEWS

Well this is the best financial year Estes has ever had. They ordered 1500 new tractors and over 2000 new trailers.
I know Rob recorded his state of the company address last week so, I guess we will see.

First they need to take care of the 5 different categories of driver thing and make a ROAD AND CITY BOARD, so guys like me that spent almost 13 years there and could run Linehaul, work a Dock, hUB DRIVER, CITY WOULD NOT LEAVE, because Time at a company should matter, Estes sucks for that.

that what keeps drivers uniting for a union.

Time at the company does matter, first at vacation and last to get laid off. I've spent over 13 years in linehaul without jumping categories so excuse me if I don't share your way of thinking. Hub drivers can come to linehaul just be prepared to stay out all week like a lot of us linehaul drivers had to do.

Well this is the best financial year Estes has ever had. They ordered 1500 new tractors and over 2000 new trailers.
I know Rob recorded his state of the company address last week so, I guess we will see.

If the TM isn't walking around like he's on cloud 9, just prepare for the SOS... If they are, then you're in luck.. I hope you guys get what you want, and further more, I hope it's exactly what Uncle Rob put on here.. But his story just sounds too much like Richmond actually cares, and I hope for you guys, it has changed..

Time at the company does matter, first at vacation and last to get laid off. I've spent over 13 years in linehaul without jumping categories so excuse me if I don't share your way of thinking. Hub drivers can come to linehaul just be prepared to stay out all week like a lot of us linehaul drivers had to do.
Lots of guys won't admit it but they don't stay gone only because they're hen pecked and scared of Jody slipping in the back door while they are gone.

I proud to announce through your exceptional hard work this year,the following merit based pay rate increases.

P&D hourly rate will increase $1.65 per hour as of jan.10,2015
P&D overtime pay will now start at 45 hours a week

Combo hourly rater will increase $1.65 per hour
Combo overtime 45 PW
Combo Mileage pay will now be payed a linehaul rate
Combo dock pay will now be payed normal dock wage at home terminal

Linehaul mileage rate will increase 0.035 CPM
Linehaul will now be compensated for all time on duty not driving
Example being pre postrip,fueling,weighing trailers,placarding,breakdowns,
delays by dispatch,dot inspections,scale house time,&after 12 hours on break
at non domiciled terminal you will be on the clock until dispatched.
Basically anytime you are required to be on duty but not driving.
with this change there will be no more breaking and hook pay for
sets as this hourly pay will take care of that time.

Teams mileage pay rate will CPM split @ 0.0375
Teams Hourly rate will be split at same rate as above.

Hourly Rate for Teams, Linehaul, Combo drivers On duty not driving time
will payed at 80% of home terminal P&D hourly Rate.

Remember this not an official release just for informational purposes

thanks ,A B

we're paid more than you slugs

Vacation seniority and lay off seniority? When was the last time Estes laid somebody off? And vacation big deal. I agree 5 classifications is s dumb idea and it undermines company time served... you could be a hub guy 20 yrs and.start your "seniority from the bottom, thats asinine. Follow that up w/ the wishlist, same hub driver wants a linehaul run some new guy.barely has 90 days in signs up for wishlist (which many drivers dont know ezist) now a new guy has more LH seniority... they should classify it all as dedicated runs / non dedicated (thatll be extra board/combo slots)

Vacation seniority and lay off seniority? When was the last time Estes laid somebody off? And vacation big deal. I agree 5 classifications is s dumb idea and it undermines company time served... you could be a hub guy 20 yrs and.start your "seniority from the bottom, thats asinine. Follow that up w/ the wishlist, same hub driver wants a linehaul run some new guy.barely has 90 days in signs up for wishlist (which many drivers dont know ezist) now a new guy has more LH seniority... they should classify it all as dedicated runs / non dedicated (thatll be extra board/combo slots)

There are things that could change that... Juss sayin'...

Just to compare: UPS Freight linehaul is 68 cpm and teams split 70cpm. Not trying to start a war but seems like Estes pay rate is well under the industry average.

Just to compare: UPS Freight linehaul is 68 cpm and teams split 70cpm. Not trying to start a war but seems like Estes pay rate is well under the industry average.
For every breakdown, you lose money.. For every time you have to wait on your bills passed your gate time, you lose money.. For every time you wait at a meet spot beyond 30 minutes, you lose money.. If they don't compensate you for those times, the "I'm just glad to have a job" is bullshit.. Yeah you have a job, a job paying them... It happens at every trucking job in America. If you are getting paid for every minute you are on the job, you're paying them... City drivers get paid for every minute they are on the clock, why not road drivers? But, as long as the companies get away with it, they will keep doing it.. Inflation is going to increase no matter what, why should a company's OR dictate how much a driver makes? The drivers pay will always be behind the 8 ball.. No matter how much more you make than the other trucking company.. Not just Estes, all of them do it.. I'm not trying to start a war either, but your pay is not consistent with inflation either.. I could sit here and make examples of different entities that affect your pay, just think about this.. If a loaf of bread increases by just 30 cents, you would have to make an extra $1.50 per hour to offset the the money you lose on one breakdown, waiting time or the time you have give them before you DO go on the clock.. Taxes, benefits, SS,Medicare and such have to be taken into account as to how much you make.. So things that look greener, isn't always greener.. It's a figment of your brain reacting...

Ain't believing nobody knows how much the increase is gonna be. I heard but I've been wrong every year.

Ain't believing nobody knows how much the increase is gonna be. I heard but I've been wrong every year.
I hope y'all get the 4 cents you deserve.. Time for Rob to quit hoarding the profits and stop blaming the economy for his lavished lifestyle.. I sure hope Mr. Robey is looking down on how his company has turned... OD is the same size as Estes.. Make almost the same money as Estes, but print an 85 OR,come on man..Smoke can be blown my way a lot, but this is ridiculous... OD has brighter people running their company..LOL

I hope y'all get the 4 cents you deserve.. Time for Rob to quit hoarding the profits and stop blaming the economy for his lavished lifestyle.. I sure hope Mr. Robey is looking down on how his company has turned... OD is the same size as Estes.. Make almost the same money as Estes, but print an 85 OR,come on man..Smoke can be blown my way a lot, but this is ridiculous... OD has brighter people running their company..LOL
You seem to have all the answers "in your own mind". Why should a line haul driver get paid for every minute? They are compensated very well for their jobs, and for anyone who has been a P&D driver will tell you that line haul is much easier to make your money. Go back to your union hall and slap hands with them on how you told them LTL drivers.