Estes | 2015 payrate increase GOOD NEWS

Lol here at 024 we first had the yrc management rejects.. they were alright almost seemed to havehad an idea on how to move freight.. they all left or got fired by a vitran reject, who then brought in all his cronies.. I can't understand how bringing people in from failed or failing at the time freight companies is/was/can be beneficial.. I would think trying to lure people from successful companies might be the objective. Maybe the drivers that are leaving for those places are the smart ones. Only time will tell. I can tell you this much.. if OD wasn't 40 mins from 024, Estes would have lost quite a few drivers.. they still might.. I've heard we lost something like 500 drivers system wide to OD and Holland in the past year alone
But that's just it, FedEx isn't failing.... Might be getting a little stricter over there, but not failing... Most of the Overnite guys are probably retiring or retired by now..

But that's just it, FedEx isn't failing.... Might be getting a little stricter over there, but not failing... Most of the Overnite guys are probably retiring or retired by now..

I can't comment personally on anyone of them.. I really don't follow who is in or out of the white house in Richmond. I only know of all the decent people that started at the bottom and worked their way up here at 024. People who had the family mentality not this corporate bs mentality that showed up 7 or 8 years ago. Suppose thats what you were getting at though.

I can't comment personally on anyone of them.. I really don't follow who is in or out of the white house in Richmond. I only know of all the decent people that started at the bottom and worked their way up here at 024. People who had the family mentality not this corporate bs mentality that showed up 7 or 8 years ago. Suppose thats what you were getting at though.
Oh I don't know for a fact they have all retired, but I know back in 2000 they hired a bunch of Overnite management that had been with Overnite for a number of years before they cam to Estes.... Mildew had one over at 041 for a while.. Knew his stuff, but what an *******.. Junior knew him from Overnite..

Oh I don't know for a fact they have all retired, but I know back in 2000 they hired a bunch of Overnite management that had been with Overnite for a number of years before they cam to Estes.... Mildew had one over at 041 for a while.. Knew his stuff, but what an :censored:.. Junior knew him from Overnite..

Wasn't one of those guys the "pups" guy. Lol. I've always heard one of those overnite guys brought the use of pups along with him to estes.

Wasn't one of those guys the "pups" guy. Lol. I've always heard one of those overnite guys brought the use of pups along with him to estes.
I don't remember who it was, but Junior was dead-set against any pups being on an Estes yard, or that's what he said in ATL... Probably was one of those early FedEx guys that come over... I know Mr. Robey didn't want'em.... He said "If I would have wanted small trailers I would have them move the freight in pickup trucks"...LOL

Typical about the raise.. I skipped the video. Every year it's the same song and dance. I'd be curious to know how much money they've wasted on the level 2 and e street crap, or were they one in the same? Seems like someone, somewhere wants to spend money on everything than what it should be spent on.
You skipped out on a $120 bucks also. Uncle Rob endorsed a check for us video watchers

I agree with Starkravinloon!! Estes wants to be a the top then pay should reflect that. As far as cuty drivers, did that for the 1st 5 years here, "hard work", Hardly !!! Go roll beer or soft drinks back in the day. Thats "Hard" work ! I just believe in getting paid for what you do. If youre supposed to report for work at 9:00 and dont leave till 10:00 you should be compensated for it. This is not "rocket science". Why do you think theyre having such a difficult time hiring and retaining drivers? Im thankful for what we get but doesnt mean we have to be satisfied with it. God Bless America.

I agree with Starkravinloon!! Estes wants to be a the top then pay should reflect that. As far as cuty drivers, did that for the 1st 5 years here, "hard work", Hardly !!! Go roll beer or soft drinks back in the day. Thats "Hard" work ! I just believe in getting paid for what you do. If youre supposed to report for work at 9:00 and dont leave till 10:00 you should be compensated for it. This is not "rocket science". Why do you think theyre having such a difficult time hiring and retaining drivers? Im thankful for what we get but doesnt mean we have to be satisfied with it. God Bless America.
I retired August of this year, 3 months ago.. They were 2 drivers short in the city then, now they are 3 drivers short because one city driver went linehaul after I left.. Drivers are too hard to find to be treating them like they are.. Estes will always be the best LTL company's I ever worked for, bar none, and I worked for 3 counting Estes.. Treat your people right, pay them well and they'll go to the moon for ya... Now I'm talking about city drivers now, when I ran linehaul, it was heaven... Except for the downtime with no pay, that's the only thing I have against'em..

Lol here at 024 we first had the yrc management rejects.. they were alright almost seemed to havehad an idea on how to move freight.. they all left or got fired by a vitran reject, who then brought in all his cronies.. I can't understand how bringing people in from failed or failing at the time freight companies is/was/can be beneficial.. I would think trying to lure people from successful companies might be the objective. Maybe the drivers that are leaving for those places are the smart ones. Only time will tell. I can tell you this much.. if OD wasn't 40 mins from 024, Estes would have lost quite a few drivers.. they still might.. I've heard we lost something like 500 drivers system wide to OD and Holland in the past year alone
If more drivers walk i would guess it would take place in the first part of the year :)

Why shouldn't he? He's away from home and doing the work for the company.. You like working for nothing? Junior Johnson said once, "I don't want anyone(to define it for you, that means everyone) to do anything on Estes time without getting paid", my answer to that, "Then live up to your word".. I suppose you like getting paid for nothing? Keep licking the bottom of the boots driver... LMAO.. I'm union? How would you know? You'll leave before I do...LOL.. This must be one of the guys you were talking about a9, coming in and not knowing what's going on... You are right though, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea of Estes did go union.. Nice concept...
If you are union you are not getting paid for everything either, and depending on how long you have been union you had to give up some money to keep the company going. There are a lot of dead times involved with union jobs just as many other companies.

If you are union you are not getting paid for everything either, and depending on how long you have been union you had to give up some money to keep the company going. There are a lot of dead times involved with union jobs just as many other companies.
Maybe if you are in the Teamsters yes, but not all unions... There are other trucking unions besides the Teamsters... I told you this already.. Get up earlier in the morning..

I'm guessing around 50 cents. They give something like .0125 increases every 6 months for 3 years until top pay is reached. I think hub pay is topped at .575 and twenty something on the doc.