2015: The year of mass shootings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dick Dastardly, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

372 mass shootings in 2015. How do we change the gun culture in this country? When did we stop valuing human life?

"According to the Tracker’s data, which defines a mass shooting as an incident in which at least four people are killed, there were 372 mass shootings in the U.S. in 2015, killing 475 and wounding 1,870."

pilot87 and Magoo like this.
  2. fatboybuffett

fatboybuffett Banned

3. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

What about the 11,000 people that die every year from Drunk driving (30+ per day) tell me that isn't a bigger problem.

How do we change the culture ?

Both alcohol and automobiles are legal, so which one should we take away since irresponsibly people put everyone at risk.

4. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

They said a little something.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rleans-shoot-out-wounded-17-article-1.2449220

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/11/29/new-orleans-park-shooting-suspect-held/76547580/

http://www.daytondailynews.com/photo/news/national/joseph-moe-allen/pCtQt6/

But when he was cleared, well, that's another story. The big guys didn't pick that up.

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/jo...ged-in-bunny-friend-park-mass-shooting-77367/

Turns out your Black guy didn't do it. It's a good thing he turned himself in before the cops found him.

Magoo likes this.
  5. Dick Dastardly

I believe we need more strict laws on D.U.I.'s as well. I believe first time offenses should be classified as a felony.

6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Norway has more per capita mass shootings than the USA.

The result of this year, the Dems are trying to ban scary-looking rifles. Ironicly, rifles shootings have steadily declined since the early 90s. That tells me the Dems are acting on political motives and have nothing to sdo with safety as their motive.

Most shootings are gang related. Drugs, lack of good jobs,, and lack of family atmosphere seems more likely the cause, to me... idleness is the Devil's Playground.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Woody, ESP and Keepingon like this.
  7. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

tougher laws with stiffer penalties on illegal guns, hard sentences AND ENFORCE THEM. gang members, drug dealers and criminals seems we stopped enforcing laws that are preventive and only enforce laws after the fact.

Woody and Northern Flash like this.
  8. fatboybuffett

fatboybuffett Banned

wow, what an outstanding citizen, I suppose just because he has a rap sheet, you think he's innocent. Read full article instead of your tunnel vision, looks like they found evidence he couldn't of been in Houston.

The suspect’s prior rap sheet includes everything from home invasion to carjacking to drug possession,

Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office records show he is a convicted felon with a rap sheet dating from 2002 that includes home invasion, carjacking, illegal carrying of weapon and possession of cocaine and heroin,

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  9. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

The gun culture wants more guns, more of anything means more problems with them.
    All those guns you guys have now will someday be sold on the secondary market, who knows when but when you die or your kids don't like it anymore or you sell them yourselves. They last for about ever, unlike us.

10. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

I could go along with some stricter punishment for D.U.I.'s also. But based on the druggies that get sentenced to severe punishment, the odds are that Obama would release them early anyway, since they weren't "violent" crimes. Tell that to the survivors.

Obama supports softening the punishment and releasing criminals, so he's a big part of the problem.

11. Northern Flash

Exactly. But the Democrats would rather ignore those facts, since acknowledging them would require action. And they'd rather take the easy route and just punish the law abiding citizens with pieces of paper.

Woody likes this.
  12. Northern Flash

You are spot on. Liberal policies are only RE-active, not PRO-active. And they're crazy enough to think that all of these losers should be rehabbed. The best cure for misbehavior is knowing that there is a good stiff punishment waiting for you.

Woody and Keepingon like this.
  13. Keepingon

I'm wondering about this I have two young drivers and preach to them about driving under the influence of anything and about getting in a car with a driver under the influence to the point where I'm tired of hearing myself preach it.
    I been grateful that mine haven't but both of them know young people who have been stupid, should stupid be a felony the first time ? Or a stiff punishment that can be removed from their record on a one time basis provided that over a period of time they have demonstrated that they learned from it? Of course I'm thinking during that first offense no one was hurt.

Woody, Northern Flash and Magoo like this.
  14. Magoo

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...1/01/unt-student-shot-while-driving/78172834/

DENTON -- A 20-year-old woman who was shot early in the morning on New Year's Day has died after she was taken off life support, authorities reported Friday evening.

Friends say Sara Mutschlechner was driving because she wasn't drinking and was the designated driver for her friends on New Year's Eve.

Her sedan was traveling in the 1700 block of North Elm at about 2 a.m. Friday when a dark-colored Toyota or Lexus SUV full of five or six men drove up next to them. The occupants in both vehicles exchanged words, police said.

As the two vehicles were crossing through the University Drive intersection, someone inside the SUV fired a gun at the sedan, hitting Mutschlechner in the head.

The SUV fled the scene as the sedan crashed into another car and then an electrical pole. Mutschlechner was taken to a local hospital where she was placed on life support.

Another female inside the sedan suffered minor injuries but has been released

15. Keepingon

The story is a shame, people don't value the life's of others anymore.

Woody, jimmy g, pilot87 and 4 others like this.
  16. Magoo

No they sure don't and its sounds like a lot of drinking was going on, we do stupid things when we're drunk. Thank gawd I was never that stupid

Woody likes this.
  17. Dick Dastardly

My hope would be with stiffer penalties people would think twice about "being stupid" the first time. The laws are too lax now to the point people don't second guess making a bad decision. Hell, some make that same bad decision multiple times and still aren't punished thoroughly enough. You'll have some still test their luck, but they need to be made an example of for the rest.

18. Northern Flash

An old friend of mine's Son died when he hit a bridge approach.......drunk. And his Dad drives drunk quite often still today. I guess that some people never learn.

Woody likes this.
  19. Northern Flash

At least one of those shooters will slip and tell the wrong person, and they'll all get what they deserve.
    Life has zero value to many in today's society. What a shame.

Woody, jimmy g and pilot87 like this.
  20. Magoo

Lives are ruined, even for the guys who were drunk getting rowdy and stupid.
    Yet if they had no gun, if no one purchased one and decide to bring it along, odds are everyone would have made it home to bed that morning.
    That girl would be alive, parents and friends would not be in deep depression and that car load of guys would have had nothing more than a hangover to contend with.
    This is real life it happens, why stack the odds

pilot87 likes this.