ODFL | 2015 wage meeting

Something's up for sure.They have been adding alot more driver's on city side&adding dock worker's.Again,I'm not going to argue over this one.But,yes they should step up.But,I have been around long enough to know that all what will happen around here is hour's cut&we will not see it.Sorry for the neg.But the truth is the truth

Maybe some but they can't hire enough drivers to cut everyone back to 40. I doubt they can get folks much under 50 especially with the lack of equipment... They'll have drivers standing around on the clock just waiting for a tractor.

Maybe some but they can't hire enough drivers to cut everyone back to 40. I doubt they can get folks much under 50 especially with the lack of equipment... They'll have drivers standing around on the clock just waiting for a tractor.
40 would be to low.If they go OT .I'm thinking 50-55.We have a few city driver's share tractor's with night time turn guy's.I think you will see more sharing&slip seating going on with the city side.I'm just speaking with my term.I know how hard they are now about getting us off the clock.It can be done here.They have a plentiful supply of combo guy's now&equipment is no problem.The smaller term's that don't have the manpower will see the OT.They have been pushing hard in Washington in the latest bill that includes paying road driver's for delay while they are on duty.Atleast min wage for delay.I think something's in the work's.I don't see a big increase this year.They are spending alot of money on new equipment&construction in the work's.Also,the big California lawsuit they had to payout got'a come out of someone's pocket

Seems like something is up but don't know what it is ...but at the same time why cant we get overtime atleast after 50 ????? I love this company but if we work more than 50 hours we should get something for it ...We do a lot for this job like getting home really late sometimes and not being home when we need to be there..I know some like me go in like 8 am and see days we don't get home until 10 pm ...We should get something for it.i don't mind doing the work but unlike the road drivers we p and d drivers do all the hard work.. Hey when they take vacation the get paid more than we do and make a lot more per year than us...Give me something for working so hard and so late.. Thanks all and be safe.

If overtime is considered a reward for excess time at work, it should be set at a number that reflects excess. 50-55 is not excessive, over 8 is. Time they get with the times and take care of the people doing the work. Good lord knows they can afford it.

careful what you wish for. OD pays OT after 60hrs. Do you ever get 60hrs? If they lower it to 50-55 you won't get that either.

Exactly, they manipulate the reward for excess at a place they can control it. If they paid it at a place that reflects excessive time at work then it would cost them something. And it should. I was working 55 hours a week or more in the city. That's too much.

Reactions: Ump
Answer this question: When you were hired did you know this policy and did you accept the job? I did and I don't complain about it. I have a good job with good pay and the company I work for is financially sound and shares it profits with me through the 401K.
What do they match on 401k. Work at smaller terminal can't get a straight answer only I think this or it might be this....thanks

Seems like something is up but don't know what it is ...but at the same time why cant we get overtime atleast after 50 ????? I love this company but if we work more than 50 hours we should get something for it ...We do a lot for this job like getting home really late sometimes and not being home when we need to be there..I know some like me go in like 8 am and see days we don't get home until 10 pm ...We should get something for it.i don't mind doing the work but unlike the road drivers we p and d drivers do all the hard work.. Hey when they take vacation the get paid more than we do and make a lot more per year than us...Give me something for working so hard and so late.. Thanks all and be safe.

Why not become a line driver?

Answer this question: When you were hired did you know this policy and did you accept the job? I did and I don't complain about it. I have a good job with good pay and the company I work for is financially sound and shares it profits with me through the 401K.

I don't think anyone's complaining... Nothing wrong with trying to better an already good deal.

I don't think anyone's complaining... Nothing wrong with trying to better an already good deal.
i am just saying some will ask for more and more until it is upside down. we all want our company profitable and strong. start taking the extra money the company makes and then ,new equipment slows , annual raises will be smaller, profit sharing is smaller, etc