ODFL | 2015 wage meeting

I don't get where this drop and hook pay increase comes from. With the mileage pay raise we will be at .6153 a mile drop and hook at $1.50. Roughly it takes about 30min to drop and rehook a set. We are paid very close to half of the hourly wage to drop and hook a full set which in 30min equals out to half hour on the clock. I'm a L/h driver and I don't see the need to raise drop and hook pay. People say fedex pays you a half hour for drop and hook well that's pretty much what we are paid. $12 to break and hook a set isn't bad for a half hours worth of work.

I don't get where this drop and hook pay increase comes from. With the mileage pay raise we will be at .6153 a mile drop and hook at $1.50. Roughly it takes about 30min to drop and rehook a set. We are paid very close to half of the hourly wage to drop and hook a full set which in 30min equals out to half hour on the clock. I'm a L/h driver and I don't see the need to raise drop and hook pay. People say fedex pays you a half hour for drop and hook well that's pretty much what we are paid. $12 to break and hook a set isn't bad for a half hours worth of work.

At Estes we get 7.50 to make a set of doubles and 7.50 to break them. It works a little different here though. We don't get anything for hooking to them or dropping them. Just making or breaking. $15 to make and break. Ours has also been frozen for like 20 years.

Congrats on your raise. Glad to see you guys doing well. Hopefully we follow suit like we usually do. We won't know until November or December though.

We get $1.50 per hook.Get 1 hook just for hooking to trailer.4 hook's to hook set&4drop's to break set.Not to bad figuring if you can get in&out withing 30 minute's you making money.Our's hasn't been frozen.Don't know where you guy's are saying it's been that way.We got a increase on drop's&hook's several year's ago.The only thing I don't agree with is meet&turn's.No hook&drop pay on meet point's.

We get $1.50 per hook.Get 1 hook just for hooking to trailer.4 hook's to hook set&4drop's to break set.Not to bad figuring if you can get in&out withing 30 minute's you making money.Our's hasn't been frozen.Don't know where you guy's are saying it's been that way.We got a increase on drop's&hook's several year's ago.The only thing I don't agree with is meet&turn's.No hook&drop pay on meet point's.

I agree with you on everything except I will say sometimes getting in and out in 30 isn't always a safe bet.

Hook/Drop has paid 1.50 for at least the 10 years I've been here,

I would rather be burning up the road than spending time dropping and hooking. A couple dollars doesn't make much of a difference. It's apart of the job and quite honestly not that hard to do. Burning up the highway is were you make the money. For the most part drops and hooks are a small part of the job with a few exceptions on some of the shorter runs.

I would rather be burning up the road than spending time dropping and hooking. A couple dollars doesn't make much of a difference. It's apart of the job and quite honestly not that hard to do. Burning up the highway is were you make the money. For the most part drops and hooks are a small part of the job with a few exceptions on some of the shorter runs.

True, so long as wages keep going up and health insurance costs are kept in check...

Company has grown a lot since '04, so have the wages. They have to be competitive with Union now that card check is a possibility. Like him or not, you can thank Obama for the nice pay increases! You can also thank him for the nice healthcare increases. Love my job but find it annoying to hear about record profits and healthcare increases in the same meeting.