TB Veteran
Credits
For those who don't get to see new trucks very often:

DSC_5651_zpsqth2844j.jpg

DSC_5652_zpsjymwccih.jpg

DSC_5653_zps3e51alpx.jpg

DSC_5659_zps2zqp9j98.jpg

DSC_5660_zpskxppmybn.jpg

@roogie, we have some older, newer Peterbuilts that have the big, loud, annoying, speaker right above the radio (like the KW's) but I noticed yours doesn't....I'm sure there's still a speaker present somewhere in your truck but is it quieter now than the KW's and our PB's?

Although I no lomger work for Big Purple, Did the wise one's who spec'd those forget that some places in the country like up here in the PNW still use snow chains? doesn't look like they left enough room for chain hangers or, are these drivers no longer required to put them on like your Purchase drivers?

Roogie I am on my second Peterbuilt.I got the first one on October 31, 2014. It had 216,000 miles on it when they took it away and I got my second one October 31, 2015.

Although I no lomger work for Big Purple, Did the wise one's who spec'd those forget that some places in the country like up here in the PNW still use snow chains? doesn't look like they left enough room for chain hangers or, are these drivers no longer required to put them on like your Purchase drivers?
It's FedEx driver. You go 100mph untill you crash. Every winter I hear a slogan over the CB The road will stay open untill you see a FedEx truck pass you.

Reactions: Ump
@roogie, we have some older, newer Peterbuilts that have the big, loud, annoying, speaker right above the radio (like the KW's) but I noticed yours doesn't....I'm sure there's still a speaker present somewhere in your truck but is it quieter now than the KW's and our PB's?

I haven't seen what your speakers look like but there is a piezo type in the dash above the radio and it's LOUD! I had to put a piece of electrical tape on it to make it bearable.

roog