2016 Primaries

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ABFer, Feb 19, 2016.

1. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

And the season is warming up folks.

So far Trump has 17 Delegates, Cruz has 11 and Rubio has 10. The other Republicans are low single digits. 1237 delegates are needed to 'win', which does not necessarily mean that the party will nominate them.

Hillary has 481 and Bernie has 55. 449 of Hillary's are 'Superdelegates' and 19 of Bernie's are. Of the non superdelegates Hillary has 32 to Bernie's 36. The Dems require 2382 delegates to win and Hillary's superdelegates are about 18% of that number.

And apparently they gather more superdelegates along the way.
    Saturday Feb. 20 South Carolina holds their primaries for both parties. Nevada holds their caucus for the Dems and the Reps have their day in the Nevada sun on Tuesday the 23rd.

Let the games begin (well let them continue, they have already begun).

Here is a link to peruse the New York Times we'll have to see if they update this one or if we need to add more links as the game progresses.
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/primary-calendar-and-results.html?_r=0

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    pilot87 and Magoo like this.
  2. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

South Carolina has our GOP primary tomorrow. Our DNC primary is next Saturday, February 27th. In the past it's been on the same day.

ABFer likes this.
  3. Dick Dastardly

In 2016, the Democrats and Republicans will hold their South Carolina Presidential Primary on different dates in February:

Republican Date
    Saturday, February 20

Democratic Date
    Saturday, February 27

Polling places are open from 7:00am to 7:00pm on both primary election dates. Anyone in line at 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote.

Primary Type: Open (a voter may vote in either party primary, regardless of party affiliation)

Delegates: 59 D, 50 R (Proportional)

Read more at http://www.uspresidentialelectionne...6-south-carolina-primary/#TOCZYITOUw2bDlsL.99

Magoo likes this.
  4. Dick Dastardly

5. ABFer

OoOpps, thanks for straightening that out. I missed that split in SC.

Dick Dastardly likes this.
  6. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I need a program to keep it all straight.

7. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

Just puff harder it helps

Keepingon likes this.
  8. ABFer

DD and I will keep you posted.

9. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

Cruz is on Hannity tonight..... they all talk...but I like my money in Dons pocket.
    I might change my mind....but I'm tired of the bs. Everyone does call the guy an azzhOle
    ....just saying

10. Dick Dastardly

So........ Do I vote today and sabotage the Republicans by voting for Rump, or do I wait for next week to "feel the Bern"? Decisions, decisions.......

:438:

11. ABFer

I would say go out and support the Trumpster today and if his name's not on the ballot in November then vote for the Dem.

12. Dick Dastardly

I'm far from enthralled with Bernie. For that matter, any of the candidates. I just rra5lly don't want to see Hillary on the ballot in November. On that notion, I think I'm going to hold out until next Saturday and vote Bernie. As I said, it's not a vote so much for Bernie as it is a vote against Clinton.

13. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

I agree................. As I ride around the highway is littered with Trump, Jeb, Cruz, and Rubio signs. I guess Hillary is holding off until tomorrow to plaster the highway with her signs.

14. ABFer

I'm with you on that and doing the same here. The only difference is that our primaries for both parties are held the same day. And I could be wrong but I think that the Trumpster won't need my help here. But that does remain to be seen. As the Jeb Bushes drop out of the race I'm worried that the bulk of their supporters will stick with establishment candidates and the Trumpsters lead will drop.

15. Dick Dastardly

That's what Rubio is hoping for. I think Trump wins easily in South Carolina. The race is for second. If it's Rubio, then Rafael is in trouble.

I'm going fishing. It's going to be 70 degrees today. I'll tune in to CNN tonight when I get back and watch the results.

16. ABFer

Fishing sounds good, good luck.

17. Crystal

With the projected record turn out for todays primary I think we'll go to the beach. Tomorrow I'll watch all the talking heads put their spin on the results and then I'll sit back and enjoy the Daytona 500

ABFer and Dick Dastardly like this.
  18. Dick Dastardly

Hopefully I'll be eating crappie, bream, and hush puppies watching the race.

19. Crystal

Not this yankee transplant, I'm not brave enough to even try any low country foods. I went to a fish fry down in Georgetown and only ate the beans and salad. Once I saw that fish's eyes staring up at me from my plate I said no thanks. I think we'll just get subs from Jersey Mikes

20. ABFer

Those Bream look a little odd to me, I don't like those shiny scales, reminds me too much of bait fish and not so much pan fish. I like Zantarian's fish fry breading, tastes good and will even disguise the taste of some not so good tasting species.

Rastus likes this.