2016 Primaries

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ABFer, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Democrat primaries are BS, SUPER DELEGATES MY :eck13: ! One person , one vote! Let's get rid of all delegate votes and do it by popular vote. And I like the way South Carolina does it, in NJ Independants are not allowed to vote in primaries you have to declare yourself Dem or rep and can only vote in that parties primary. Maybe in NJ we should all just wear red or blue rags on our head and have knife fights to see who becomes the President :mf swordfight:

Dick Dastardly likes this.
  2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ls-south-carolina_us_56c9c6f2e4b041136f17529f

Bologna, Huffington Post overestimated Trump's numbers and now they're trying to spin it to create a news story.

3. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

I think some dems will swing over to Trump ...they like him !...look at ABF'er.
    I'll be happy with 2/3er'ds of what Trump says becomes reality. Cruz is a good candidate for President. .. but my slim confidence goes to Trump (I'm betting he

4. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

...... (I'm betting he does what he says....:lmao:)

5. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

ABFer likes this.
  6. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

What is it with y'all always saying the poor don't work? Most of them work harder than the average person.

Magoo, Crystal and 20_yrs_2_go like this.
  7. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

If your poor....find a better job ! Novel idea Woody !!

8. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

The New York Times, Washington Post and CNN all put the current count of superdelegates at 796. The final number won’t be set officially until March 1, when state parties must certify the names.

Many of these delegates have publicly endorsed one candidate or another. An unofficial, though well-documented list of the superdelegates who have publicly committed to a candidate may be found at Democratic Convention Watch. Whatever public or private promises they have made, however, these delegates are "unpledged" under party rules and thus free to vote as they judge best.

Brooks Jackson

Magoo likes this.
  9. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

:hysterical:

Northern Flash and Woody like this.
  10. ABFer

And Trump takes the Nevada Caucus with a landslide without much fanfare from the news media. I had to work harder to find the results of that vote than I have anything so far. :wtflol:

Trump garnered 45.9% of the vote, Rubio 23.9%, and Cruz landed 21.4%. Carson and Kasich were both under 5% with Kasich getting the least. At this point Rubio or Cruz could throw in the towel, combine their votes and still not TKO the Trumpster. :bananag:
    Trump adds 12 delegates while Rubin and Cruz each add 5.
    That leaves Trump with 80 delegates, Cruz with 16, and Rubio has 14 out of the total of 1237 that are needed to win the nomination.
    Tuesday, March 1 is Super Tuesday with something like 640+ delegates to be had by the Republican candidates.

11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Texas on Tuesday could be it.

Back to why the Repubs always blow it. The first few states are open primaries (crossover voting) and caucuses in Democrat leaning states. Dems pick the Repub nominee, giving momentum to the early leader, kicking out conservatives who would play better in winner take all really Red States later in the process. This way has given us McCain, Romney, and now, probably Trump.

Northern Flash likes this.
  12. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Then I'll probably run into a long line of republicans voting for Bernie along with me on Saturday at the SC democratic primary.

Magoo likes this.
  13. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

We will see how it all pans out, I love Sanders and what he wants to do but I wonder if he could argue successfully against Rump.
    Rump just says :shit: he can't produce how he can do it just he's the best guy. Clinton may be the one that makes a fool of him in the debates by pointing it out. I'll continue my support for Sanders but if Clinton wins I'll go with her.

Crystal likes this.
  14. Magoo

I thought truck driving would be a easier than the jobs I did before and I was right it was easier.
    One of the many reasons I liked it.

ABFer likes this.
  15. ABFer

I don't really follow Bernie because I find it hard to believe his programs could be paid for. So...could you explain to me where the money is going to come from for all of this "free" stuff?

16. Magoo

If your man doesn't win his home (second home)State he's in trouble might as well throw in the Labatts can and kick the moose

17. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Then couple that with how everyone in America just wants to be on the winning team, and will quickly jump on the bandwagon, makes the entire process difficult for a Conservative to win.

jimmy g likes this.
  18. Magoo

Sure can but after you explain to me where all the money comes for the wars and military procurements.
    I just posted an article about the F35 and you can bet there is more than that one going on.

Crystal likes this.
  19. Northern Flash

Zero chance of that happening.
    Republicans will either stay home or vote Trump.......Bernie is a loser, so is that lying bitch.

20. Northern Flash

STOP THE PRESSES!

There's a real shocker.
    :chairshot: