2016 Primaries

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ABFer, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Then once you found out that driving your butt cheeks into the couch cushions was even easier yet, you chose that route.
    :poke:
    :biglaugh:

2. Northern Flash

He can't and won't explain it......since Bernie's policies are impossible to pay for.

3. Northern Flash

Let's see..... free college for a bunch of young, carefree, dumbasses........or military spending that protects our country. Hmmm. Tough call.

jimmy g and ABFer like this.
  4. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm not going take the time to pour through all of our military expenses and the winners and losers of all time, I'm sure there are plenty of both. R&D is a necessary evil but I will agree that if one has a loser there has to be a time to cut bait. If you want to really delve into it you might want to see what the V-22 Osprey cost to finally get off the ground (no pun intended). Quite a few were killed in crashes and it is difficulty to handle and unstable when it makes the transition from VERTOL to fixed wing configurations but the Marines love it.

That still does not answer my initial question.
    I'd settle for a brief list covering the largest contributing factors.

jimmy g likes this.
  5. Northern Flash

I'll guarantee you that his list won't include anything that will affect him personally. He not only has "got his" but he wants more.

jimmy g likes this.
  6. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

My post was based on jimmy g's thought that republicans would cross over in the SC open primary and vote for the weaker democrat candidate.

7. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I like to hang with you man:1036316054:

8. Northern Flash

Trust me.......you couldn't keep up with me.

[​IMG]

Woody and Magoo like this.
  9. Magoo

You gave me no answers where, but just the cost of that one plane would pay for college according to the article, they are probably close.( I watched that VERTOL plane practice once, It looked clumsy and slow)
    But where we should start is the conservative right's use of the pejorative "FREE" .
    As we all know nothing is 'free" and they try to point out that Bernie is a commy by throwing that word into the conversation time and again.
    You can derive revenue to fund projects by putting fee's in select areas. Reagan did it, you don't call them tax's.
    But Bernie is smart enough to know you got to get money where the money is, and its not in the middle class so you shouldn't worry that your tax will go up very much at all. His health care would be roughly based on moving over to medicare for all.
    You have to pay for that, maybe your employer will continue to fund your health care coverage if they do now.
    Social Security will raise more money by ending the cutoff at what is it $120K
    There are lots of ways to fund things by finding the money.
    Frequently the military budget runs us into a deficit, thats borrowing and that should only be done in an emergency where it is acceptable.

10. Magoo

Better get a free safety check from the Coast Guard Auxiliary

11. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

I can remember the cap being $18k!
    Social security was sold as a limited pay out insurance program for when you retire so the limited confiscation.
    I almost agree with you lifting the ceiling would keep it solvent a few more years. Due to its mismanagement something has to be done.

12. Magoo

The poorer workers become in the USA the more help they are going to need. Years back people had pensions to help

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

No reason for that. The Dems organize to beat their enemies. Organizing Repubs is like herding cats. Repubs won't cross over. Too busy destroying each other.

14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Yep.

Then we'll have a Dem as the Repub. And either a Commie or a Felon as the Dem.

This is the best the usa can offer? :tr10driving03::duh:

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Jimmy never said Repubs ever cross over. I said Dems do it to Repubs every 4 years

16. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

I think in order for Bernie to become the nominee he needs get a little tougher on Hitlery.
    At the CNN dem town hall last night he called Trumps birther attack on Obama racist, we all know it was Hitlery who first made that birther case against Obama. But I guess the difference is it wasn't racist when a democrat did it.
    I'm not for Bernie but the whole damn Super delegate vote being used to rob him and anoint Hitlery pisses me off.

17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Mags, Defense wastes, I agree. But Defense is required, and you oppose it. Do you realize they protect You?

Free doesn't cut it. Our current non-manditory spending collects almost 3 trillion per year. We spend more than 4 trillion. We have a Real Debt of 220 Trillion in promises- more money than exists. At some point, the Fairy Tale collapses.

Our money is made of nothing, backed by nothing. Gotta start reducing debt. Raise taxes, and taxpayers leave for greener pastures. Free doesn't cut it.

Whatever happened to the Peace Corps or enlisting in the Military? Earn free stuff, not demand it...

18. Magoo

I don't know where you get those numbers, you are probably including SS and Medicare payments that go out 20 years from now. What you forget is money is also constantly coming in to fund those projects

Here is the truth about the military and we all know we need them, but any nation and I don't care which one you choose can spend itself in massive deficits it costs to keep military all over the world like we had during WW2. We were very powerful then we had to be, but that level is not sustainable in peacetime.
    You need to think realistically what you expect to accomplish with your military, You can't fight the whole world every year. .
    When I say this people will say I hate the military. There is no reasoning

19. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

You hate the Military ! :omg i gets present by droneguard 1:

jimmy g likes this.
  20. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

You might be onto something here...maybe a GI Joe stole his woman and he's still angry about it.