2016 Republican National Convention-Cleveland Ohio

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rastus, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Be careful doing that MikeJ. Give Reginald Denney a call, he'll advise you to just stay home.

MikeJ, Big Dave and Rastus like this.
  2. Driver71

Driver71 AKA:DBLCLUTCH

1968 Chicago all over again.

Rastus likes this.
  3. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

You will miss my awesome postS.

Bubba74, Big Dave, jimmy g and 2 others like this.
  4. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

you are very wise. Your conTribution would be missed for suRe.

5. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

That gave mE a reverse wOOdy

Magoo likes this.
  6. MikeJ

MikeJ Well-Known Member

I was talking to my boss at work today him and another boss have to go down town every week for secret service meetings in regards to down town deliveries. The garbage companies and roll off dumpster companies are all screaming bloody murder. My favorite is P&P Roll Off every security meeting some one from there company raises there hand and goes "Yeah uh were from P&P we do roll off dumpsters #1 in service and we have dumpsters parked here here and here and your convention is getting in the way of our dumpsters. Now we got customers who need pick up right where you say the road will be closed that's not going to work for our operation you see we do roll off and all #1 in service by the way. Were wondering what your solution to this problem is?"

Then the next guy "Yeah hi were from BFI and we have dumpsters and garbage can's here here and here and were having the same problem as P&P with regards to getting our cans."

As you can all tell the fun is already beginning.

Big Dave, Woody, Magoo and 2 others like this.
  7. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

There will be MANY reasons this Convention is gonna Stink....

Magoo and MikeJ like this.
  8. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

You always hear this stuff about how the city is going to make money from these events.
    Yeah it comes in then goes out in extra costs.

If it were my city and I had input I'd say let some other have it and we can watch on tv in peace

MikeJ, jimmy g and Rastus like this.
  9. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A federal appropriations bill released early Wednesday (Dec. 2015) as expected, includes $50 million for Cleveland to offset the city's cost of providing security for the 2016 Republican National Convention

I agree but here's where a lot of the $$$ comes from.

Magoo likes this.
  10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Security money comes from the US Taxpayers. Rabble Rousing money comes from George Soros- the guy who wants French, Chinese, and Russian Representatives added to our US Congress. He says the USA has too much Power in the World.

DCM_Doc likes this.
  11. MikeJ

MikeJ Well-Known Member

You know what Jimmy I was talking to the boss today and my friend yesterday and I said to both of them and they both agreed, I said to them, you watch after the dust has settled and all the rabble rousers have gone back to where ever they come from, there going to do a cost benefit analysis and go "you know, it brought in however many million, but in damages and lost business and delays and wasted labor and every other thing under the sun we ended up losing money on this."

I said to my friend all these places that think they are going to be so busy that may not be the case, like okay good example the limousine industry here in Cleveland all that work was already bid out at bottom dollar and the real truth of the matter is out of state contractors will be here in town doing work the locals should have got, I can see this coming from 3 miles away political groups or background people that help facilitate things sure some of them will use Cleveland's cabs and limo's but a lot of them won't they will use "Security Consulting Management Companies" that will provide transport for those people and I'm 100% sure 50-State US DOT operating authority limousine and charter bus companies will come into town and be contracted to do work out people should have got.

Then couple that with the fact that, all the locals will be running scared to death and cooped up at home watching this on TV aint nobody going out next week between the "protestors" and rioters and police everyone is terrified like flash said talk to Reginald Denny he'll tell you all about things like this.

Like the pizza shop I used to work at some years ago I'm sure they think they will be busy, but that could all be a pipe dream because what'll happen is the people who are here in town they have meetings and places to go and there meals are already provided for them. Like we do some really big hotels down town for food deliveries it's not a secret I work for a major broadline food service distributor based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan that's enough info to go on if you want to know who I work for, any how one of the big hotels we do there right in the war zone of all this street closings and everything and what I've heard is they are actually only running half on because with the closings riots police security on and on and on, they can't get people or deliveries to there business in and out and they have just half shut down. Other places are booked, but it's like we can't literally can't deliver there, it's almost like come to our yard with your car or horse and buggy and you can pick it up there.

Back to the local restaurants in the suburbs what'll happen is the pizza places might be busier for delivery because of all the locals to scared to leave there houses but dining room wise if they have that, they probably won't be any better and actually could even suffer, I mean these deligates politicians and what not these people have itineraries and agendas and they don't have unstructured free time to just go around and spend money recklessly.

Like I said for the limo business here, we don't have the limo capacity in this town to service all this and even if we did these out of state people are going to contract with who they use all the time so I said to my friend go by any Holliday Inn or Courty Yard by Marriot you'll see a bunch of weird buses and limos with US DOT # all based out of state with weird license plates from obscure places.

I know that this might sound like I am a Debbie downer, or contrarian, but I'd like to think I know how this works and I think this thing maybe a big pipe dream to some and I wouldn't be surprised to hear "Yeah we had business from it, but the locals stayed home and because of that we lost all that business so we ended up actually doing slightly under."

The thing of it is, a limo company only has so much capacity after a while they can't do anymore work, but where they got those guys was they dangled a few contracts in front of them and told them who ever is cheapest wins and they all prostituted them selves out from what I understand.

Then the other thing is they have been building Court Yard Marriots and places like that left and right, and I've heard it from other people I've said it to my friend, my boss, business colleagues I said we didn't need all these Inn's and Hotels will call them before the Convention now there building them left and right, but we didn't need them before this one week in our cities history why would we need them after?

I said that to my boss I said Lear Nagle Road they put up a Hampton Inn and another one like that and there's all kinds of places going up, but we didn't need them before, what are we going to do with them after? He said to me " Well I think that's everyone's big question." Now maybe I am just small minded, but okay so we had this convention, it's a one hitter quitter thing I mean maybe other places will come for conventions I think that's what there hoping, but I'm sorry that's a pipe dream, we can't compete with the convention capital of the world Las Vegas we can't. Any other convention that comes probably won't draw the same kind of crowd. Were not going to be a Super Bowl hosting town I don't think so that's out.

I mean the only thing I can think of is well we have a lot of hotel rooms now that are empty and say your a lonely boy and you meet a lonely girl and for whatever reason neither of you can go to your homes because of X reason well at least if you want you two can go get a hotel room and order some Domino's Pizza because they deliver to every hotel room in the USA and you can make your own little place for that night or set of hours or whatever at the low low low introductory price of $109.00 a night plus tax.

Or USF Holland will send there drivers to some of the nicer places instead of the America's Best Value Inn's the America's Best Value Inn on Brookpark Road in Cleveland, some doctor just turned up dead a month ago in one of there rooms. Those places are shady too, back in the day those Brookpark Road Air Port dump motels were all hooker and cocaine heaven. The one place it was open for years and years Jevic had a terminal down the way and you would see a lot of there trucks in the parking lot of that place well anyhow finally the city had enough and shut it down a maybe 2-3 years ago.

Magoo and jimmy g like this.
  12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Whew! Take a breath. We'll be here to read it in smaller bites.

Brevity is the Soul of Wit. (Wm Shakespeare)

Magoo and MikeJ like this.
  13. MikeJ

MikeJ Well-Known Member

I know I went on my rant got to long winded, actually though there's what I think is some good info in there, some of it's my opinion yes, but it's based on fact and maybe I am wrong, but I think I make sense what do you think?

Rastus likes this.
  14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

You made perfect sense. Just too wound up for reading.

It's okay. Stick around, you'll get better!

MikeJ and Rastus like this.
  15. Magoo

Last time around the republicans came to Tampa for the convention (I'm pretty sure it was the last time anyway time flys)
    They must have spent a chunk of money here on locks for the fire hydrants. All over the place and over my side of the bay I see locks on fire hydrants.
    Where have I been all these years ?
    I had no idea the lowly fire plug was so dangerous

[​IMG]

MikeJ likes this.
  16. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

that is the truth
    My son and I were discussing the Olympics in Rio, this will be a cluster. With the demands of the IOC and the costs, there is no way they can make any money
    Off Topic- Time to build one winter and one summer Olympic site and use those every 4 years

MikeJ likes this.
  17. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Cleveland will have a specific route for all of the big shots to use that will be secured by hundreds of security agencies. The trouble makers will destroy everything off that specific route, but there will be high security where needed. If I owned a business off the "parade" route, I'd be boarding up the windows and welding bars across the doors. The anarchists see this as a golden opportunity to do a little five-fingered discount shopping because they will be camouflaged by the other douche bags.

Rastus likes this.
  18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

That's a chain, not a lock. So it can be used, but the caps won't get lost...

19. MikeJ

MikeJ Well-Known Member

That's just what I figured some places will be trashed while others go totally untouched.
    Today I was in the semi truck driving down I-480 and saw two US Capitol Police Cars drive right passed me in the high speed lane. They must have been on patrol or some kind of something I don't know what they do.

They had a lawyer on the news who was arrested for observing protestors, her mistake though was she got out of her car and she looked like she was a protestor so I don't know you want to observe fine, just don't get out of your car.

Now they said the police had approved some park on the east side of down town for protestor camping at night all night long for all week. However the police told them no littering hanging things on trees or drinking alcohol...

Today I was talking to a customer a big time steak house they said there business right now is actually slower then normal because of all this convention hysteria.

Magoo and jimmy g like this.
  20. Magoo

What a disaster that is coming up to be. The country's broke, they cut the police force. Crime is how people are making a living.
    The bay is a open sewer.
    They should have let some other country have it.

Bubba74 likes this.