ODFL | 2016 Trucking Roadeo

I was surprised to hear that non-preventables were a DQ for drivers.
They have always been.The only thing that doesn't count is animal strikes and windshield break per OD.There are several ATA rules .But,OD has tighten up on them.Make sure you read and study the book.

If you blow it on the driving test big time, great scores on the written and pretrip won't help.
He will learn.,I always tell the new guys.Its a learning experience and first year just go and enjoy and watch the pro's go at it.If you luck up and win something then that is great.The new guys don't have a clue till they start practicing. Some will stay and some will leave.Way it goes. Billy is correct you got'a do good on all.You could make up a little.Maybe enough to out score the other.Point is a point.But,the course is the main scoring.

He will learn.,I always tell the new guys.Its a learning experience and first year just go and enjoy and watch the pro's go at it.If you luck up and win something then that is great.The new guys don't have a clue till they start practicing. Some will stay and some will leave.Way it goes. Billy is correct you got'a do good on all.You could make up a little.Maybe enough to out score the other.Point is a point.But,the course is the main scoring.
Never forget . Back 20 years ago when they still did personnel interviews in Illinois , saw a guy lose first place by half a point. 5 questions on interview worth 2 points apiece. Got a half point for 1 question...

Reactions: Ump
Never forget . Back 20 years ago when they still did personnel interviews in Illinois , saw a guy lose first place by half a point. 5 questions on interview worth 2 points apiece. Got a half point for 1 question...
We did that my first rodeo back in 2008 I want to say. Got paid to go do it thou, so it wasn't a complete wast of time.

I've never done TDC. I remember going through the TDC course as part of Smith System training at Con-way. I did horrible. I have a hard time hitting spots when hard objects/real-world challenges aren't there. I do great on the road, but hitting a spot on a measurement stick by a cone on a closed course, nope.

Just getting their and qualifying to participate makes you a winner. Everyone at one time or another bombs the driving test.
O'h Yes.Always do good on Course.My problem is test&pre trip.So last year show up and did better on the test &pre-trip.But,just bombed the course.Zero'd my freight door.Which I have never.Then it was downhill from there.lol.....O''well....Did win a $ 500 set of tire's in the raffle.lol

O'h Yes.Always do good on Course.My problem is test&pre trip.So last year show up and did better on the test &pre-trip.But,just bombed the course.Zero'd my freight door.Which I have never.Then it was downhill from there.lol.....O''well....Did win a $ 500 set of tire's in the raffle.lol
I scored pretty good last year. Blindside and the corner kicked my butt. Pulled up way too far on the blindside alley dock. By the time I got to see effete the back of my taller was it looked like I was trying to hook a set of doubles to the trailer next to me.lol.
Can't explain what happened on the corner. I thought I hit at least 2 of the scoring zones but I zeroed the whole thing.

I scored pretty good last year. Blindside and the corner kicked my butt. Pulled up way too far on the blindside alley dock. By the time I got to see effete the back of my taller was it looked like I was trying to hook a set of doubles to the trailer next to me.lol.
Can't explain what happened on the corner. I thought I hit at least 2 of the scoring zones but I zeroed the whole thing.
And still scored higher than me last year.lol

South Carolina had a 1st in Straight Truck.Two second places in 3 & 5 axle and a 3rd in Flatbed.Congrats and has always UPS Freight took everything else.:1036316054: