ODFL | 2016 Trucks

2BucTruck

TB Lurker
Credits
Was at the fuel bay finishing up my shift. Looked over and saw a VERY clean Cascadia. Then, I noticed that conspicuous '6' in the tractor number. Twas a 2016. Very pretty. The other driver seemed very protective and guarded, proclaiming "I don't have to smell any funky butt odors wafting up when I climb on the seat."

It's OK buddy, I was finishing up my shift. I'll keep my eye out for one this Monday.

Was at the fuel bay finishing up my shift. Looked over and saw a VERY clean Cascadia. Then, I noticed that conspicuous '6' in the tractor number. Twas a 2016. Very pretty. The other driver seemed very protective and guarded, proclaiming "I don't have to smell any funky butt odors wafting up when I climb on the seat."

It's OK buddy, I was finishing up my shift. I'll keep my eye out for one this Monday.
Really know change in 2016.Again,OD has order'd a ship load of Freightliner's&the normal Volvo order what I was told this week.All detroit's I think or more detroit's than the cummin's.Was at Freightliner several week's ago seen maybe 10 sitting around.

Yep, Cummins might pull harder, but I don't like the delay with the engine brake. I haven't noticed that the Detroit's engine brake isn't as good. Certainly easier to shift w/ the engine brake on in a Cummins due to the delay, but I can also shift w/ the Detroit's engine brake on too. When picking a tractor for my shift, I don't go out of my way to see what kind of engine it has, only if it has a radio (non-smoking), and a relatively new pm done.

Reactions: Ump
Yep, everybody knows it's the city guys that leave that butt funk on the seats. All that sweating and physical labor. Ya'll constantly stinking up our trucks... and then not fueling them up after a shift! :1904:

As a side note, I wonder when they'll institute the non-smoking policy in all the trucks. When Greg Gantt came for a visit this past summer at our terminal, he had mentioned this would happen eventually. Glad I finally put the smokes down, for my health's and family's sake. Break bulk terminals only keep tractors up to two years, if I'm not mistaken. Seeing that the 2015s were non-smoking, I wonder if they'll continue that when all the 2016s arrive, or if they'll allow smoking in the 2015 tractors once the 2016s come.

What?? you don't want to share with me??? it's alway's the city driver's fault..:33::lmao:
Our P/D guys here have a real problem with figuring out when the tractors are Regen'ing on the fly and shutting them off anyways. One driver in particular has probably cost the company thousands of dollars in clogged exhaust filters and related maintenance expenses.

As a side note, I wonder when they'll institute the non-smoking policy in all the trucks. When Greg Gantt came for a visit this past summer at our terminal, he had mentioned this would happen eventually. Glad I finally put the smokes down, for my health's and family's sake. Break bulk terminals only keep tractors up to two years, if I'm not mistaken. Seeing that the 2015s were non-smoking, I wonder if they'll continue that when all the 2016s arrive, or if they'll allow smoking in the 2015 tractors once the 2016s come.
They aren't going to allow smoking in the tractors as they age, smoking is banned in them from the 2015's onward. In a few years one of the most entertaining thing at our barns is going to be watching die-hard smokers fighting for the few remaining smoking-allowed tractors on the premises.

Well, that day of reckoning is coming fast at our barn then. Until that 2016 arrived, and I don't know how many more we have currently, there were just 14s and 15s. I can relate to having to scramble for a 14. I wont' be one of those ex-smokers that go on a self-righteous warpath. If I knew that smoking couldn't cause health problems, I'd smoke till I was dead. Loved smoking. I love life and my family more.

In a thirty five MPH crosswind I'll take the Cummins over the Detroit everytime. My Cummins hasn't gone to the shop for unscheduled service(has 465,000 miles on it) yet,not getting any city miles has a lot to do with that.

Ssshhhh. Don't say "city", they get mad.