ODFL | 2016 wage & benefit meeting

I live in WA where OT is required, made 75k in the city, even made 80k a year or two ago. I don't even keep check because the checks are much fatter than any Union LTL carrier would give me. Guys at YRC, Joke Harbor, USF Deadaway, Penninsula are all lucky to crack 60k. But hey, they get free bennies that they obviously never use.
0tHXTOi.jpg

Back on topic, this is the weekend eve of our big raise announcement. The numbers are out, we've crushed the competition. No other carrier is purchasing beautiful new equipment like us, they're all just trying to keep their junk running. Especially the union carriers. Thank you to each and all, I know you line drivers know you don't stack up to a hard working city man like myself, but trust me, you are part of the team also.

I'll bet we'll be over 28 an hr out on the West coast with line pushing 64/65 solo and bennies untouched.

Back on topic, this is the weekend eve of our big raise announcement. The numbers are out, we've crushed the competition. No other carrier is purchasing beautiful new equipment like us, they're all just trying to keep their junk running. Especially the union carriers. Thank you to each and all, I know you line drivers know you don't stack up to a hard working city man like myself, but trust me, you are part of the team also.

I'll bet we'll be over 28 an hr out on the West coast with line pushing 64/65 solo and bennies untouched.
Thanks for letting us be part of "Team Billy!"

I can't and don't have the time to point out you're above the others in every post, the guys out here can barely throw iron on two little trailers without tears falling, but here we have you, the frozen version of mad max out in the winter running those rmd's and getting me my freight. 99% of line drivers couldn't do what you could. I could easily, been in WY many times, but the jokes we got running line here would cry about snow being brought into their trucks from the boots.

75k easily for a city driver w/o ot seems like a stretch. We make 24.58 with ot after 8 everyday pretty much all the ot you want and don't make 75k a year.
You'd love it over here CT.. Come to work, do your job and go home! No checking to see if you belt is on our your shirt is tucked in. Not being micro managed has its benefits.

I can't and don't have the time to point out you're above the others in every post, the guys out here can barely throw iron on two little trailers without tears falling, but here we have you, the frozen version of mad max out in the winter running those rmd's and getting me my freight. 99% of line drivers couldn't do what you could. I could easily, been in WY many times, but the jokes we got running line here would cry about snow being brought into their trucks from the boots.
Our real hero's are the Junction drivers. Then boys got it ruff. RMD's is the only way to fly. You should transfer down Billy, we could us a few good men. We'll hook you up with a twin screw and let ya loose. Nothing but wide open spaces...And an occasional Swift driver on is its side.

$26.15 an hour here with 55 hrs a week=$74,879

I got it. I usually only work about 50 hours by my math if an od driver works the same amount of time we make a few more dollars when you add the ot up. 55 hours every week for the whole year doesn't sound easy to me just my opinion carry on......

You'd love it over here CT.. Come to work, do your job and go home! No checking to see if you belt is on our your shirt is tucked in. Not being micro managed has its benefits.

I never said od was a bad company to work for. Believe it or not im happy where im at and i don't have a problem with our local management. I always tuck in my shirt lol don't want to look like a Jake.

I live in WA where OT is required, made 75k in the city, even made 80k a year or two ago. I don't even keep check because the checks are much fatter than any Union LTL carrier would give me. Guys at YRC, Joke Harbor, USF Deadaway, Penninsula are all lucky to crack 60k. But hey, they get free bennies that they obviously never use.
0tHXTOi.jpg
That's Billy on the left. He never forgets the free donut in the safety meetings

I got it. I usually only work about 50 hours by my math if an od driver works the same amount of time we make a few more dollars when you add the ot up. 55 hours every week for the whole year doesn't sound easy to me just my opinion carry on......
Having done p&d for both company's I can tell you OD is much more laid back. Still need to get the job done but they let you do it without looking over your shoulder. OD runs a lot like Viking did back in the day. Everyone knows everyone and the atmosphere at work is friendly. I make a little less here but I don't have to worry about a change of operations every six months. Corporate is straight forward and we do have access to our regional VP's if you need them.

Yeah working that much is tough, and for the record I think they should pay overtime after 8.

Reactions: Ump
And the cost has only gone up marginally in the 3 years I've been here. That free teamsters insurance costs a lot more than they think... Just ask the poor YRC guys, it's costing them 15% of their check and 75% of their retirement every week...

My uncle did take a paycut at YRC so he's only making 90k now with free insurance that covers the entire family. One of his kids has a medical condition with monthly procedures that run 9k a month which are fully covered, thanks to the Teamsters. As for his pension, the contributions are frozen at the moment but will still collect it when he retires along with his Teamster 401k which is rock solid. Nice to see that you're concerned with the "poor" guys at YRC...