ODFL | 2017 Freightliner

2BucTruck

TB Lurker
Credits
I was able to get one yesterday. Swooped it from under those grabby P&D drivers. :1036316054:

A few cosmetic differences. The seat has a few different controls. Not sure if they're ordering tractors with Cummins anymore, this one had a Detroit. Didn't pull as well. But a lot of fun to be in a new truck. Very comfortable.

We got a 2nd wave of 16s .No keyboard for BLU.Led utility light.Different display (LCD) above the speedo.Been all Detroits for awhile now.No 17s yet.
I think they'll all be Detroit's. Cummings and freightliner are having a little spat. We just got 2 twins that are 17's. 7 singles sitting in the yard, don't know how many are ours. A heard 4 more twins within weeks. We're slowly running out of our little red engines that could.

I think they'll all be Detroit's. Cummings and freightliner are having a little spat. We just got 2 twins that are 17's. 7 singles sitting in the yard, don't know how many are ours. A heard 4 more twins within weeks. We're slowly running out of our little red engines that could.

We now have two of your RMD Cascadias. What the hell did you do to them? Beat to death with over 700k. The new cdl grad drivers really enjoy thinking they're big truckers with that extra axle lol.

We now have two of your RMD Cascadias. What the hell did you do to them? Beat to death with over 700k. The new cdl grad drivers really enjoy thinking they're big truckers with that extra axle lol.
You get them from Wyoming? Lol

We have one 2017 here in PHX. A nice 3 axle cascadia. Has the Detroit in it, as do all of our 2016's as well. i do prefer the Cummins over the Detroit... They pull way better. I'm driving a 2016 Volvo with the Cummins for the route I'm covering, and that truck is a beast! Had a 23,500 front box and a 19,400 rear box Monday night and it pulled it like nothin. Id still be trying to get up to speed with the Detroit lol.

Someone said they were. Can get you the numbers? They're the ones with the visor and cover over the tanks.
Sounds to like we ship ours to Wyoming and they ship their crap to you. Lol.

Sounds to like we ship ours to Wyoming and they ship their crap to you. Lol.

They are some real worn out piles. Didn't know a cascadia could age so hard. One went to the shop for 3 weeks with a ton of issues Wy didn't want to care for.

They are some real worn out piles. Didn't know a cascadia could age so hard. One went to the shop for 3 weeks with a ton of issues Wy didn't want to care for.
Every time one of theirs goes down, we get to give them our good one and we get their crap back. SLC or KCY are the hubs that should supply them, but we're only 100 miles away. We've had drivers limp back instead of having it dead lined in Cheyenne and chance not getting it back. They seem to keep them for extended periods of time to get the rest of theirs repaired and they come back trashed. Full of mud and cigarette smoke.

Every time one of theirs goes down, we get to give them our good one and we get their crap back. SLC or KCY are the hubs that should supply them, but we're only 100 miles away. We've had drivers limp back instead of having it dead lined in Cheyenne and chance not getting it back. They seem to keep them for extended periods of time to get the rest of theirs repaired and they come back trashed. Full of mud and cigarette smoke.

You ever seen 3453028? Yuck. I think the Wyoming drivers were having sex with a bear on the inside.

You ever seen 3453028? Yuck. I think the Wyoming drivers were having sex with a bear on the inside.
Not a DEN truck. That's probably one they sent to you when they stole ours. We're getting 4 more twins soon, so more trash coming your way.

Good thing is it should be a Cummings, if you can get the stench out.

Tell you what, I've been in a 2013 Cascadia the past few days - by choice - and those 13s with the Cummins pull WAY better than the new trucks with Detroits. I pull a lot of hills / mountains, so I can put 'em through their paces, and even those older Cummins seem to pull better than the newer Cummins in the 16 Freightliners and Volvos. Cummins always outperform the Detroits, but it feels like they cut the balls off the newer Cummins. The sickening thing is that I was getting bogged down with a 12k in the lead and 8k in the tail, running that 17 Cascadia with the Detroit. That same hill I was pulling two 20k loads yesterday with that 13 Cummins and there was no comparison. I'm not exaggerating.

I think I'll be grabbing those 13 Freightliners with the Cummins from now on ... who needs a radio. I wish they ordered all the trucks with Cummins, too bad there are too many issues with them. According to our shop and linehaul management, Cummins have too many issues with the DEF and check engine light coming on - in the Freightliner and Volvo trucks. We didn't even get any new Volvos in.

Had a 13 a couple days ago with a Cummins.I run P&D but have some decent drive time between stops.Get to the exit and to the stoplight and that motor revs a little higher,trying to REGEN.Does it the first half of the day.And the mileage is horrible.But I also hear that some guys like them and they pull better.Of course when you're pulling a hill you aren't too worried about mileage.Just my observation.I myself prefer a Detroit.