ODFL | 2017 Freightliner

I've got a 17. Had it new since it was delivered. From day 1 there has been a loud noise every time you I a very big bump. It doesn't happen on the average bump, but only the big ones. Let's say 6-8 times a day. It sounds like it's coming from behind me. Had shop guys look it over with me a couple times, we can't figure it out. I had it in to have an AC issue looked at and i drove another brand new one just put into service, it didn't do it, but it had bad window seal and loud wind noise. A couple other guys having same loud noise issue. Has anyone figure out what this issue is? I had the brakes lubed up today since they are so squeaky. Also feel top heavy a lot of the time in these 17's. They aren't the worst I ever driven, but far from the best. Couple others have found bad shocks on these new 17's.

I've got a 17. Had it new since it was delivered. From day 1 there has been a loud noise every time you I a very big bump. It doesn't happen on the average bump, but only the big ones. Let's say 6-8 times a day. It sounds like it's coming from behind me. Had shop guys look it over with me a couple times, we can't figure it out. I had it in to have an AC issue looked at and i drove another brand new one just put into service, it didn't do it, but it had bad window seal and loud wind noise. A couple other guys having same loud noise issue. Has anyone figure out what this issue is? I had the brakes lubed up today since they are so squeaky. Also feel top heavy a lot of the time in these 17's. They aren't the worst I ever driven, but far from the best. Couple others have found bad shocks on these new 17's.
The noise I figured is coming from the airline hanger hitting the cab.Also,the air skirts on the back of cab get loose and they pop when hitting bumps

The noise I figured is coming from the airline hanger hitting the cab.Also,the air skirts on the back of cab get loose and they pop when hitting bumps
A large number of the 17 Cascadias we have at Saia leak water into the cab thru the front marker lights when it rains. Sent back to Freightliner and come back still leaking.

OK,unable to ask why.But,I did check a 17 today.No difference in Tractor.Has a Detroit in the one I looked at.Only thing I noticed was the seat controls are cheaper looking&the dash gauges are a little different .Gauges are the same.Just a little different color.

A large number of the 17 Cascadias we have at Saia leak water into the cab thru the front marker lights when it rains. Sent back to Freightliner and come back still leaking.
I can cosign on this. Drove a 15 I think and water caming pouring in. I was so ticked off.

I must say Volvo makes a fine machine in these new sleepers and daycabs. I used to love Cascadias but I am a die hard Volvo fan.

Reactions: Ump
Seen some new Freightliner City Tractors with Automatic Transmission's today.They are the short stub nose tractor's.They sit up high.No fairings on them.Think Conway & Southeastern have some

Seen some new Freightliner City Tractors with Automatic Transmission's today.They are the short stub nose tractor's.They sit up high.No fairings on them.Think Conway & Southeastern have some

I had heard of a couple of automatics being in at HAR, maybe these were the smaller city trucks too. Although I've always kind of wondered why they were testing the volvo automatics out a while ago instead of the Freightliners.

I had heard of a couple of automatics being in at HAR, maybe these were the smaller city trucks too. Although I've always kind of wondered why they were testing the volvo automatics out a while ago instead of the Freightliners.
Was told today that OD is running some Volvo Team Tractors with Automatic's.The 2 new Freightliner were sent to Mrt this morning.

I heard it had something to do with the nose cone. The shape and length. Not sure how true but my source works in the shop.
No difference in tractors.They just changed the number is what I was told.It may have something to do with the new emission system this year .The 17 's have a revamped emission system to meet new federal law.

Maybe we're not as big out here in California.But I just passed my 10 years.And I've never seen any city power.Line trucks and some older "downgraded" line units.

Yep, we've got a bunch of those at HAR. They call 'em Tonka Trucks. Used mostly for P&D in areas like Brooklyn and Jersey City. At HAR, we've had 17s trickling in for a while now. Just within the past couple weeks, we've amassed close to 30 some 17 freightliners, sitting and apparently waiting to be transported to other terminals, and also a dozen or so of those cool looking "Tonka Trucks."

If I may, we have a 2016 I drive at xpo. Same noise. Shop doesn't know what it is. I crawled under and looked at the front u-bolts. Seems like they were not tight enough, causing the u-bolt to move and make the popping noise. Might be wise to have your shop re-tourque the front u-bolts.