ODFL | 2017 Freightliner

If I may, we have a 2016 I drive at xpo. Same noise. Shop doesn't know what it is. I crawled under and looked at the front u-bolts. Seems like they were not tight enough, causing the u-bolt to move and make the popping noise. Might be wise to have your shop re-tourque the front u-bolts.

My only guess would be the light cord/air lines hitting the back of the cab.

Maybe we're not as big out here in California.But I just passed my 10 years.And I've never seen any city power.Line trucks and some older "downgraded" line units.

I believe this has something to do with the emission standards in california. At one time many of the 09 cascadias went west to swap for older columbias

I believe this has something to do with the emission standards in california. At one time many of the 09 cascadias went west to swap for older columbias
Yes we did lose a lot of the older trucks and got a bunch of 09.But I don't see the connection to city trucks.We have enough trucks everyone just has a line truck.No big deal.

Yes we did lose a lot of the older trucks and got a bunch of 09.But I don't see the connection to city trucks.We have enough trucks everyone just has a line truck.No big deal.
They are ordering City Tractors to keep in City.They are tagged at 50,000 pounds and smaller fuel tanks.Lot less problems with regen problem.Not all terms will see them.Glad to see them doing this.The newer tractors have some bad blindspots in them for sure

That Volvo Ishift transmission is amazing..Pulls Donner with ease. I love it. And up up until a few months ago, I wanted nothing but a 10/13 speed manual. Now, all I want is a Volvo auto. Rides like a caddy
When I ran teams at AAA Cooper those Volvo auto made me change my mind as well. The way they had it programmed had truck pulling like an old n14 cummins in the appalachians.

I've had 2 Cascadias with full-blown 505hp DD15 engines and 13 speeds. Both 2016's. The only difference between them was the final drive, first was 3.42, new one is 3.55.

First one pulled like a hero in any gear but the top two. If it hit a hill, you were dropping two gears and that was that. The one I've got now pulls in every gear and eats hills alive with maybe only hitting the splitter most of the time.

In my experience with the DD15 and climbing hills, you want those RPM's HIGH. I push it to 1700 before shifting on hills. This is a Detroit. You can't drive it like a Cummins.

Sage advice to the Detroit uninitiated; if you can't figure it out, try slamming your hand in the door and driving it like you're trying to get even.

I've had 2 Cascadias with full-blown 505hp DD15 engines and 13 speeds. Both 2016's. The only difference between them was the final drive, first was 3.42, new one is 3.55.

First one pulled like a hero in any gear but the top two. If it hit a hill, you were dropping two gears and that was that. The one I've got now pulls in every gear and eats hills alive with maybe only hitting the splitter most of the time.

In my experience with the DD15 and climbing hills, you want those RPM's HIGH. I push it to 1700 before shifting on hills. This is a Detroit. You can't drive it like a Cummins.

Sage advice to the Detroit uninitiated; if you can't figure it out, try slamming your hand in the door and driving it like you're trying to get even.
Would love to rap it up to 1700 but we get in trouble for that. Even our Cummings don't pull hard, just better then the Detroit's. These big fleets want better fuel millage, and I get it but dropping gears with empties to pull a 5% grade is not good. Any weight at all and you're in 7th @ 1500 just trying not to roll backwards.