XPO | 2018 Bids

What ever happened to cut times ? In the city. Off the outbound. Out of the FAC ? What ever happened to cut times ?
Lol. I asked that question last week when I had to wait for a driver showing 1 1/2 hours after the cut time. Freights gotta move I was told. So much for the hard and fast cut time. The Fos doesn’t want to explain why they fence late loads.

Lol. I asked that question last week when I had to wait for a driver showing 1 1/2 hours after the cut time. Freights gotta move I was told. So much for the hard and fast cut time. The Fos doesn’t want to explain why they fence late loads.
The best part is when you sit there waiting on it to show knowing it is appt. freight and will sit on you dock for a day or two before going out on delivery. I even showed them in the handheld were is said APPT. and still made me wait 2hrs. TM was pissed when I got back a 11:00 with 2 full trailers

Well this latest bid debacle has people leaving my barn 5 quit this week going to Fed Ex Smh ??? These people just do not get it ! we have less start times and everything is pushed back 30 mins to an hr ?? its not gonna work but you can not tell these Rocket Scientists nothing they will not listen ! I have heard more are leaving we will see ??? Our Driver count is already the lowest I have ever seen it ??? Can't pick up freight on time in the city cause dispatcher's have no freaking clue ??? customers pissed off I sure hope they will eventually figure things out OMG they gonna run this place into the ground I can't see how we are making record Profits with these misfits running us ????

There ma
Well this latest bid debacle has people leaving my barn 5 quit this week going to Fed Ex Smh ??? These people just do not get it ! we have less start times and everything is pushed back 30 mins to an hr ?? its not gonna work but you can not tell these Rocket Scientists nothing they will not listen ! I have heard more are leaving we will see ??? Our Driver count is already the lowest I have ever seen it ??? Can't pick up freight on time in the city cause dispatcher's have no freaking clue ??? customers pissed off I sure hope they will eventually figure things out OMG they gonna run this place into the ground I can't see how we are making record Profits with these misfits running us ????
there making money because their cutting to the bone, timing their purchase of things needed to run the company to show better results so it doesn’t reflect the stock price. They bought the company because they saw a ton of area they could make cuts to show a better profit margin. They did not and do not care how it effects you and me , we are just a nessary evil. Hell he even said as soon as the technology is there we’re gone.
“Results matter” above everything else.
Good luck

Remember where Jacobs is making his money is on that stock price. His main bulk of compensation is based solely on the bonus he receives from increasing the stock price. Everything thing effecting us is centered around what he can cut to increase the o/r . Some people believe that the stock price moving north is benefiting us a drivers somehow . Maybe in theory in the long run I guess but for now it reflects what is taken from us.
Jacobs is a salesman. He is selling Wall Street a false scenario in a sense. We see the day to day effects of the cut and what effects it has on not only is and our families but also on the customers.

We were told the 85% board is no longer in place
We will be at around 85% bids, 15% flex. Our bids will be finished by next week. We are down to 32 drivers. Not sure what our high was in the 13 years I’ve been here. We have three drivers retiring in the spring. TM is hoping trainee graduates will replace them. We are definitely down to a bare bones minimum on all fronts. One FOS out on vacation, one recovering from surgery, one quit. That leaves one FOS and one TM to run the whole show; inbound, dispatch, outbound, FAC (Small one). Ride the wave!

We will be at around 85% bids, 15% flex. Our bids will be finished by next week. We are down to 32 drivers. Not sure what our high was in the 13 years I’ve been here. We have three drivers retiring in the spring. TM is hoping trainee graduates will replace them. We are definitely down to a bare bones minimum on all fronts. One FOS out on vacation, one recovering from surgery, one quit. That leaves one FOS and one TM to run the whole show; inbound, dispatch, outbound, FAC (Small one). Ride the wave!
Do they have drivers doing FOS functions in the mean time? That’s what they do at our barn. If the future is so brite why are so many leaving? Certainly not because they held to a higher standard.

Do they have drivers doing FOS functions in the mean time? That’s what they do at our barn. If the future is so brite why are so many leaving? Certainly not because they held to a higher standard.
Not enough drivers to spare one for dispatch or to run outbound , I'm guessing. This is not a unique situation. In fact , it's becoming the norm.

There ma

there making money because their cutting to the bone, timing their purchase of things needed to run the company to show better results so it doesn’t reflect the stock price. They bought the company because they saw a ton of area they could make cuts to show a better profit margin. They did not and do not care how it effects you and me , we are just a nessary evil. Hell he even said as soon as the technology is there we’re gone.
Good luck
Boy you are really hard on this stock price, and turning a profit thing. I sure there are hundreds of thousands of former employees of CF, Carolina, Red Star, and ST. J just to mention a few, that wish there company had this problem of making money and a rising stock price. So lets talk about stock prices.
You and others here will tell a driver to go to FedEx Freight before even considering XPO.

Some people believe that the stock price moving north is benefiting us a drivers somehow . Maybe in theory in the long run I guess but for now it reflects what is taken from us.
Jacobs is a salesman. He is selling Wall Street a false scenario in a sense.
So here's some history
I worked for AF when FedEx bought AF on in 2001. I left the company in late 2003 because of the same stuff going on here. The cutting and changes across the board. The same things that is happening now is what was happening back then and that's the main reason I left. I do laugh when I see you tell driver to go to FedEx now because I remember what it was like 16yrs ago. It's like the movie groundhog day.
To get back to the stock price thing.
FedEx stock price when the bought AF in 2001 was in the $40 per share. AF stock was $28.
FedEx stock price opened this morning 15 Nov 17 at 218.96 that over a 450% increase in 16yrs. Why does stock price and OR matter. Well what is a driver wage at FedEx, what's there Equipment look like, I don't see them driving 8yr or older trucks on linehaul do you. From what everyone else says a better 401k match and some kind of pension plan from what I hear. As far as I know there health plans about the same as ours thank you ACA.
Last night I drove past the FedEx yard near me and saw at least 6 truck sitting in there bone yard. Those are 6 truck they replaced and that the third time I saw that this year alone. That's one end of the line barn got more new truck in one year than some of our barn have in there fleet.
We see the day to day effects of the cut and what effects it has on not only is and our families but also on the customers.
I can tell you back then the customer felt the same thing they are feeling with us now. There are growing pain and we as truck drivers hate change If I could have dealt with that change 16yrs ago I would have been with FedEx for over 20yrs and I'm not even 50yrs old yet.

One last thing. When Fred Smith announced he was buying AF the it was shock the LTL world and then a few year last UPS bought Overnite.

Last edited:
Boy you are really hard on this stock price, and turning a profit thing. I sure there are hundreds of thousands of former employees of CF, Carolina, Red Star, and ST. J just to mention a few, that wish there company had this problem of making money and a rising stock price. So lets talk about stock prices.
You and others here will tell a driver to go to FedEx Freight before even considering XPO.

So here's some history
I worked for AF when FedEx bought AF on in 2001. I left the company in late 2003 because of the same stuff going on here. The cutting and changes across the board. The same things that is happening now is what was happening back then and that's the main reason I left. I do laugh when I see you tell driver to go to FedEx now because I remember what it was like 16yrs ago. It's like the movie groundhog day.
FedEx stock price when the bought AF in 2001 was in the $40 per share. AF stock was $28.
FedEx stock price opened this morning 15 Nov 17 at 218.96 that over a 450% increase in 16yrs. Why does stock price and OR matter. Well what is a driver wage at FedEx, what's there Equipment look like, I don't see them driving 8yr or older trucks on linehaul do you. From what everyone else says a better 401k match and some kind of pension plan from what I hear. As far as I know there health plans about the same as ours thank you ACA.
Last night I drove past the FedEx yard near me and saw at least 6 truck sitting in there bone yard. Those are 6 truck they replaced and that the third time I saw that this year alone. That's one end of the line barn got more new truck in one year than some of our barn have in there fleet.

I can tell you back then the customer felt the same thing they are feeling with us now. There are growing pain and we as truck drivers hate change If I could have dealt with that change 16yrs ago I would have been with FedEx for over 20yrs and I'm not even 50yrs old yet.

One last thing. When Fred Smith announced he was buying AF the it was shock the LTL world and then a few year last UPS bought Overnite.
Stock price moving north is a good thing for sure it’s how you get it to go there. You can cut and take from within or you can build on new customers and business.

As far as change goes I like change keeps things progressing ( I’m progressive thinking) what I don’t like is when someone hands me the :shit:ty and of the stick and tells me to like it .

I am ok with change too as long as we know what the perspective end result is gonna be ! ( plan )
We have yet to really hear what Mr Jacobs Plan is other than buying another 3 billion or so company's!
And this can be scary cause this kind ::shit:: landed Yellow Freight in the hot damn water they are in ! Are we headed down the same :shit:ty path where a man's Grand plan schemes fail him ??? We can only wonder at this point I have not seen the Growth he said we would have yes stock Prices are up but they can manipulate those numbers to a certain degree !

We, the LTL, are not making record profits. The rest of the company is killing it right now.

If they get rid of all of our drivers and customers they won't need all that equipment either and just think of all the money they can save !

Really mind boggling is that they complain all morning about not having enough drivers. But they got all these dock workers coming in early that can't drive a truck. And then all night on the outbound they complain they ain't got enough help on the dock to get shut down with a handful of dock hands and drivers going home. Why wouldn't you have your drivers coming in early, you know, so that you have drivers ? And bring your dock crew in late, you know, to clean off the dock ? Because, corporate. Somewhere it says that this is better and we are gonna make it look that way or fail until we do.

There ma

Good luck

He bought this company because he wanted Menlo and the price was so far under value that as a businessman he just couldn't say no. Even if he parted Con-way out piece by piece he would more than double his money. He had to buy it. It takes money, to make money.

Ride that wave ! Hell, yes ! Got me a little boogie board. We will make the best of it until we hit the rough and sandy part.

85% still in effect here. 130 some drivers and it's almost exactly 85%.

Not enough drivers to spare one for dispatch or to run outbound , I'm guessing. This is not a unique situation. In fact , it's becoming the norm.

We were all complaining that they do nothing but play on their phones and now people are saying they are necessary and what will we do to replace them ? Make up your minds people. I am sure there are plenty of both system wide. And certain that an experienced freight man would have found himself a new job years ago already. They keep cutting. Walking out TMs. Who wants promoted ? If you are in management and don't want to move up.... what's the point of being in management ?

So here's some history

You have to keep retelling history or people will forget it.