Yellow | 2019! It's On!

OMG, here we go again. Where the heck is that huge pile of money we "gave back"?
I know where it is!!!!! Not the Caymans either. Give up? All I can tell you is that a refurbished Roadway trailer with a very odd unit number, is always seen only in Texas, pulled by a CRST hotel. It is constantly moving, and only stops for fuel and change of drivers and security guards....I cannot tell you anymore than that..

My last post on this thread since the new MOU has not been discussed 2 weeks into the month of July.
A "fairly" credible rumor source whom works in our office, claims the new MOU negotiated currently, includes a closing of 100 terminals based upon the Kansas City Star article 2 days ago.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article160736989.html

I could see where this could happen in an area where New Penn, Holland , Reddaway and YRC operate terminals. Close the smaller city terminals and move the work force into a larger terminal. Then loose a whole lot more business and bolster their driver pool. Have seen YRC do this before I call it the shrink to fit COO.
Out West it would really be easy because Reddaway only has a handful of represented terminals to deal with.
They could boost the trailer and truck pools with newer equipment and scrap the rest.
Cut back on office, dock and terminal management to save more back room cost's.
Quite frankly I don't see any part of YRC operating unless the Teamsters do some more giving in the benefits area.
The company also needs a upper management team that is interested in making this dog run rather than line their pockets every quarter.

Remember? ...you had that big truck payment back then? Nevermind the house payment. There were other debts too...you were over leveraged. Your wife got the mail and read the YRC propaganda before you did. You were both convinced about it. You were used to getting a new truck every few years and your wife wasn't going to drive junk. You weren't going to give all that up. Now you still can't face it. ...the company didn't have to do it to you when you'd do it to yourself, that's why they came back around for more after the first time.
You are also talking about all those guys collecting there Social Security and Pension they don't give a **** what the contract is. They can't get any better deal than they got right now cause most company's won't hire some one that old right Triplex

I know where it is!!!!! Not the Caymans either. Give up? All I can tell you is that a refurbished Roadway trailer with a very odd unit number, is always seen only in Texas, pulled by a CRST hotel. It is constantly moving, and only stops for fuel and change of drivers and security guards....I cannot tell you anymore than that..
There is a 1984 Ford Pumpkin in the nose of the trailer, with a blue 2wheeler mounted on the front bumper. That's what I heard.

You are also talking about all those guys collecting there Social Security and Pension they don't give a :censored: what the contract is. They can't get any better deal than they got right now cause most company's won't hire some one that old right Triplex

Oh, sorry SpeedBump, I just woke up from my afternoon nap and didn't see your post. What was it you wanted again?

I could see where this could happen in an area where New Penn, Holland , Reddaway and YRC operate terminals. Close the smaller city terminals and move the work force into a larger terminal. Then loose a whole lot more business and bolster their driver pool. Have seen YRC do this before I call it the shrink to fit COO.
Out West it would really be easy because Reddaway only has a handful of represented terminals to deal with.
They could boost the trailer and truck pools with newer equipment and scrap the rest.
Cut back on office, dock and terminal management to save more back room cost's.
Quite frankly I don't see any part of YRC operating unless the Teamsters do some more giving in the benefits area.
The company also needs a upper management team that is interested in making this dog run rather than line their pockets every quarter.
Agree , or better yet ,shut down the entire YRC money losing side ....................

You have concocted this crap up in your head.You know just enough to make you dangerous.Yeah ,one big conspiracy against YRCW teamsters.
The same know it alls were talking to he same crap at C.F.
2019 will be all about math, period..If the creditors don't like our terms the game is over.

By the way, the LTL analyst rarely got published is :horseshit:.Its what they do for a living.Oh ,and one says creditors would get no satisfaction in bankruptcy.Creditors lose their asses in bankruptcy all the time.Bankruptcy saves creditors from losing even more ,sometimes.
Please post the link of the one LTL analyst you are talking about so we can all see why you think you know more than everyone else.
In bankruptcy the creditors divide up the assets. Can anyone explain what the creditors would have gotten from YRC "assets", and what those assets were?

In bankruptcy the creditors divide up the assets. Can anyone explain what the creditors would have gotten from YRC "assets", and what those assets were?

Accounts receivable, lots and lots of valuable real estate..Holland Atlanta is 155 doors and is not leased and there are several more.
I couldn't take a guess as to how many tractors, trailers, dollies, forklifts, office equipment, computers, shop equipment and parts ect.are at Yellow, Holland,New Penn and Reddaway if they decided to auction off.

They sold stuff off for a couple years at C.F and YRCW is a giant compared to them.

The biggest thing to me if I were a lender would be to stop the bleeding and cut my losses.

Keep in mind though, this was about obtaining new financing and the money loaned would be on their terms.

Last edited:
Accounts receivable, lots and lots of valuable real estate..Holland Atlanta is 155 doors and is not leased and there are several more.
I couldn't take a guess as to how many tractors, trailers, dollies, forklifts, office equipment, computers, shop equipment and parts ect.are at Yellow, Holland,New Penn and Reddaway if they decided to auction off.

They sold stuff off for a couple years at C.F and YRCW is a giant compared to them.
YRC owed the creditors about $2 billion. Used equipment goes for cheap at auction. When we dovetailed with Yellow the TM threw away all the office computers, furniture. etc. The rolling stock is worn out (1 million miles plus). The big auctioneer in this area fills acres. Auctioned trucks are at auction as a final sale; YRC would need to make thousands of sales in a down market. Accounts receivable is the only large number, but, it doesn't go back that far (10 weeks?) In the millions not billions. There are large costs for liquidation.
Charitably, the creditors would take a 50% haircut. Probably 75%. Any takers?

Agree , or better yet ,shut down the entire YRC money losing side ....................
Losing side and profitable side are joined together and makes one body, lenders say all or none.......so far......but yrc employees are able to feed their families the same as the regionals...... I don't wish for anyone to lose their job in order to save mine.my opinion only.....be strong teamsters..

YRC owed the creditors about $2 billion. Used equipment goes for cheap at auction. When we dovetailed with Yellow the TM threw away all the office computers, furniture. etc. The rolling stock is worn out (1 million miles plus). The big auctioneer in this area fills acres. Auctioned trucks are at auction as a final sale; YRC would need to make thousands of sales in a down market. Accounts receivable is the only large number, but, it doesn't go back that far (10 weeks?) In the millions not billions. There are large costs for liquidation.
Charitably, the creditors would take a 50% haircut. Probably 75%. Any takers?

And Yrcw was bleeding so much red ink that those creditors were through.The new investors were only going to take the risk on their terms hence the contract changes.
How long would you continue to lend to someone that was losing more than a million dollars per week?