Shut 'er Down!
dPgiLUG.jpg

RXruNyO.jpg

VLVDJhy.jpg

n1sXGPV.jpg

eDoX4Nj.jpg

The "Good Old Days"!
:bananag:

Definitely not sticking up for yrc, but even the threat of a strike will have a big percentage of our customers run, and that will be the end.
They did in 94. Maybe not like they would now but I personally believe something has to be done. It's the only thing we have. But then again maybe not. I don't know. I'm just a lumper. Whether or not it shutters I will be on the strike side. I have my morals. I won't let them take that. They can have my job. There is life with or without yrc.
It may be a struggle but it's not something that we all do anyways. Struggle.
Blah. Blah. Blah. I know.
Carry on. :17142:

There will be no standing together. Hoffa has YRC, ABF and UPS Freight all under separate agreements. If one strikes the other 2 keep working. Hoffa eliminated any power this union had. If YRC strikes not only will the non union carriers pick up their work, your union brothers will too. I remember the 94 strike. YRC in 2019 would be nothing like it.
We as members still have the right not to touch struck goods. Well ABF and Yrc contracts don't know about ups freight.

We as members still have the right not to touch struck goods. Well ABF and Yrc contracts don't know about ups freight.
Help me here. Ar you saying a van is backed in to the door. You are told to break it. Half way thru someone says that is struck freight. How do we know this? And if the President of your local comes on the dock (because to me that would be required) & tells you to stop unloading the trailer as your TM (excuse me, Service Center Manager for ABF) says you are fired if you stop. What would you do? I am all for picket lines & slow working the freight, but this is quite direct. Oh, I forgot to mention, the mortgage & the truck payment are due @ the end of the week & funds are running low. What do you do? One last thing, the wife's car is coming out of the shop tomorrow, another 1300 dollar bill. What do I do? Is this real world thinking or just a thought that has run off the deep end? von.

Many were talking on here prior to the dismal 1q results what they were going to do if yrc did this or did that.So the company already knew the sentiments and went ahead put out that report.I guess people on here are Karnak the magnificent and knew the playbook.Sometimes things are best unsaid on here.The company reads these boards too

Many were talking on here prior to the dismal 1q results what they were going to do if yrc did this or did that.So the company already knew the sentiments and went ahead put out that report.I guess people on here are Karnak the magnificent and knew the playbook.Sometimes things are best unsaid on here.The company reads these boards too

The YRCW companies have approx. 20,000 Teamster employees. You really think they care about what a few dozen complainers on TB have to say?

The YRCW companies have approx. 20,000 Teamster employees. You really think they care about what a few dozen complainers on TB have to say?
Most of the older ones, probably leave their cellphones in their pickup when they stroll into work.