Yellow | 2019! It's On!

Am I going to see my pumpkin again!! And my 2wheeler!

YaZSTZa.jpg

I found it in ElPaso getting ready for tomorrow's p and d into Mexico......

My understanding is they are giving all retirees the option to take their city tractor with them,in lieu of the first 6 months of their pension,plus,you get an official BRG Bag,with 15 percent cut off the bottom....
If this don't get "post of the day" I'll be surprised.
Never had a city truck, like I said, guess I'll be left holding the short end of the BAG

YaZSTZa.jpg

I found it in ElPaso getting ready for tomorrow's p and d into Mexico......
Just how old is that tractor? You drive 5 years in that & you will never walk right again. Ya got to suffer a lot of medical problems & pain if you drive something like this for 20 years. Spring ride & no air bags? I would not hesitate @ all putting valve grinding compound in the motor oil of junk like this. How does this pass a DOT inspection? Looks like a death trap. von.

Just how old is that tractor? You drive 5 years in that & you will never walk right again. Ya got to suffer a lot of medical problems & pain if you drive something like this for 20 years. Spring ride & no air bags? I would not hesitate @ all putting valve grinding compound in the motor oil of junk like this. How does this pass a DOT inspection? Looks like a death trap. von.

Had many of those for city HHG and office moves with 390 gas, 10 speed spicers. I could drop any 42 ft trailer in 44 ft of space and back into ANY dock, tighter than a yard goat. Plenty of room to stretch out for a very comfy nap. :6788:

Did you ever drive one?

Von, I'd be ashamed to bad mouth these old relics, what do you think we drove back in the fifties?
Think this could be from the seventies, we didn't have line tractors this good.

Von, I suffer more pain reading some of the posts on here than I ever got from any tractor.

They couldn't be too bad Big R ran lots of them gas and diesel they even have one on display in the Henry Ford Musemn it's a straight truck right next to the Coles Express

Mud, I never drove one, our city and peddle drivers bragged on them,said they had a good ride,
5 speed direct and 2 spd axle
We at Roadway Albuquerque received our pumpkins brand new in the early to mid eighties. Because they sat so low to the ground, they got some getting use to. But then, you would open the door and step right out. No climbing in and out. With a 28' pup you could deliver anywhere. I use to peddle Gallup New Mexico in my diesel pumpkin, 140 miles from Albuquerque, and 140 miles back. No medical problems, and no need for value grinding compound in the motor oil.

We at Roadway Albuquerque received our pumpkins brand new in the early to mid eighties. Because they sat so low to the ground, they got some getting use to. But then, you would open the door and step right out. No climbing in and out. With a 28' pup you could deliver anywhere. I use to peddle Gallup New Mexico in my diesel pumpkin, 140 miles from Albuquerque, and 140 miles back. No medical problems, and no need for value grinding compound in the motor oil.

Tell them about the engine access door behind the passenger side of the bench-seat. The door that somehow always seemed to end up needing tape to keep it shut, though it was impossible to tape it well enough to keep the hot engine fumes off the right side of your face. Explain the joys of checking, and adding oil to a truck that required two people to lift the cab. And, don’t you dare to forget to remove everything from that rear shelf before lifting the cab, or you may end up with a broken windshield.

Tell them about the engine access door behind the passenger side of the bench-seat. The door that somehow always seemed to end up needing tape to keep it shut, though it was impossible to tape it well enough to keep the hot engine fumes off the right side of your face. Explain the joys of checking, and adding oil to a truck that required two people to lift the cab. And, don’t you dare to forget to remove everything from that rear shelf before lifting the cab, or you may end up with a broken windshield.
Hahaha... No ::shit::. I had to fuel em at times and check oil and such.. Pain in the ass lifting cab after cab.

Anyone who would purposely deface,or sabotage company equipment,should be ashamed of themselves... I drove a few of those myself,and like you say Mud,in their era,they were great for the city runs in tight spots.

There are truck drivers,and then there are truck drivers....

nce
Don't think our drivers did much cab lifting and maintenance, if oil needed checked they ran it to the shop
Kinda like Bag Man says, "there's truck drivers and there's steering wheel holders"