Holland | 2019 peek preview

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Here's some recent comments from company CFO Stephanie Fisher...

Getting ready for next year's labor talks
Being a unionized carrier, YRC is not in position of needing to raise wages at this point to attract new drivers. The Teamsters did make concessions during YRC's most difficult days, and Mehrotra said there was has been "bluster" from the Teamsters getting prepared for negotiations on a contract that ends in March 2019.

Fisher would not discuss wage numbers, but said YRC is going to need "flexibility in the work force to actually run the business the way it needs to be run." She discussed a scenario in which a worker would be more of a utility worker, allowed to perform more functions than at present. Mehrotra asked whether it was "realistic" to think the Teamsters would move toward that model. "The good news is we have outstanding (union) leadership," she said. "They have been very helpful in the last 18 months. I think in the next nine months we can spend time talking to them, and letting them know the issues so that this is not a surprise."

Being a unionized carrier, YRC is not in position of needing to raise wages at this point to attract new drivers. The Teamsters did make concessions during YRC's most difficult days, and Mehrotra said there was has been "bluster" from the Teamsters getting prepared for negotiations on a contract that ends in March 2019.

Fisher would not discuss wage numbers, but said YRC is going to need "flexibility in the work force to actually run the business the way it needs to be run." She discussed a scenario in which a worker would be more of a utility worker, allowed to perform more functions than at present. Mehrotra asked whether it was "realistic" to think the Teamsters would move toward that model. "The good news is we have outstanding (union) leadership," she said. "They have been very helpful in the last 18 months. I think in the next nine months we can spend time talking to them, and letting them know the issues so that this is not a surprise."
Notice how she said “WE have outstanding union leadership???

And we as drivers will let our union know what the real issues are so our so called management that's running this place in the ground want be so surprised!!!

I CAN SEE AN OFFER OF 25 CENTS PER YEAR RAISE BEGINING THE SECOND YEAR. THE FIRST YEAR YOU GET A 750 DOLLAR BONUS. PLUS NO MORE FREE INSURANCE. 100 DOLLARS PER WEEK FOR INSURANCE SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT. ROAD DRIVERS HOOKING THEIR OWN TRAILERS AT NIGHT. DROPPING AND FUELING AT DESTINATION. IF THE DOCK NEEDS HELP FINISHING UP AT NIGHT I'M SURE THE ROAD DRIVERS WILL HELP INSTEAD OF SITTING IN THE BREAK ROOM DOING NOTHING BUT COLLECTING FREE MONEY. THE SAD THING IS A BS CONTRACT LIKE THIS WILL PASS.

Are you ****ing stupid!?! Show me any business anywhere in the world that is successful AND able to give their employees raises that allows linehaul drivers to sit on their fat lazy asses and get paid if "their load isn't ready."

You actually think it's bullshit that you have to WORK for your money!!! Hahahaha

**** you and the rest of you worthless pieces of ::shit::. It make sure me sick when I'm busting my ass til 2 and 3 in the morning while you fat ****s sit in a climate controlled breakroom on the clock. I can't wait til this company goes under and you scumbags have to try to make a living in the real world.....

I CAN SEE AN OFFER OF 25 CENTS PER YEAR RAISE BEGINING THE SECOND YEAR. THE FIRST YEAR YOU GET A 750 DOLLAR BONUS. PLUS NO MORE FREE INSURANCE. 100 DOLLARS PER WEEK FOR INSURANCE SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT. ROAD DRIVERS HOOKING THEIR OWN TRAILERS AT NIGHT. DROPPING AND FUELING AT DESTINATION. IF THE DOCK NEEDS HELP FINISHING UP AT NIGHT I'M SURE THE ROAD DRIVERS WILL HELP INSTEAD OF SITTING IN THE BREAK ROOM DOING NOTHING BUT COLLECTING FREE MONEY. THE SAD THING IS A BS CONTRACT LIKE THIS WILL PASS.
?

Are you :censored: stupid!?! Show me any business anywhere in the world that is successful AND able to give their employees raises that allows linehaul drivers to sit on their fat lazy asses and get paid if "their load isn't ready."

You actually think it's :horseshit: that you have to WORK for your money!!! Hahahaha

:censored: you and the rest of you worthless pieces of :::shit:::. It make sure me sick when I'm busting my ass til 2 and 3 in the morning while you fat ****s sit in a climate controlled breakroom on the clock. I can't wait til this company goes under and you scumbags have to try to make a living in the real world.....

?
I REALLY HOPE 85PERCENTER IS NOT TALKING TO ME THAT WAY. NUMBER ONE THE COMPANIES HAVE OPERATED THAT WAY FOR AS LONG AS I HAVE BEEN IN THE UNION (38 years) NUMBER TWO IF MANAGEMENT WAS WORTH A DAMN THE ROAD DRIVERS WOULD BE READY TO ROLL ON TIME. SO YOU THINK ROAD DRIVERS SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO SHOW UP TO WORK AND WAIT ON THEIR LOADS AND NOT BE PAID FOR WAITING DUE TO NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN. YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO BE ON TRUCKINGBOARDS OR IN THE TEAMSTERS. MAYBE IF YOU WERE DOING YOUR JOB PROPERLY YOU WOULDN'T BE WORKING UNTIL THREE IN THE MORNING AND THE ROAD DRIVERS WOULDN'T BE WAITING ON YOU TO FINISH YOUR JOB. IF YOU HATE YOUR JOB SO MUCH QUIT AND LET SOMEONE HAVE THE JOB THAT APPRECIATES IT. YOU CAN GO BACK TO JB HUNT OR WHATEVER :shit:HOLE JOB YOU CAME FROM. DON'T TELL ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE I WORKED FOR HOLLAND FOR 25 YEARS BEFORE I RETIRED. THE LAST TEN YEARS ON THE NIGHT SHIFT BECAUSE I WANTED TO. REMEMBER THESE COMPANIES SIGNED THESE CONTRACTS FOR THE LAST 70 PLUS YEARS SO THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE GETTING INTO. HOLLAND WAS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR UNTIL YRC GOT INVOLVED. I DON'T RECALL DRIVERS WAITING ON LOADS BACK IN THE 1990's.

Too stupid to be in the teamsters!?! Hahahahaha. There are monkeys that are more intelligent than some of the teamsters that I've come across....
Listen idiot, ::shit:: changes. The chicago bulls were the greatest team around in the 90's, but what happened!?!
Here's what happened the competition got smarter and younger. Same thing going on in LTL, now the non union carriers are kicking ass.
Btw, the dock running that late has way more to do with lack of staffing (E.g. Not being able to hire, and ppl abusing FMLA) than MY performance or abilities.
The job of 20 CANNOT Be done by 8.

Keep blaming management and whatever the **** else you want, but it's the attitude of the union that's sucking the life out of this company.

And I will be out of here very soon. Just waiting for a few things to fall in place in my personal life. ;)

Wow. Troll here. I'll attempt to rebut '85er (in no particular order). Those in charge (management) ARE to blame for shortfalls, they are in charge. Companies agree to contracts requiring Linehaul to be paid for sitting. "Doing nothing"? Burning on duty hours when wages could be earned and freight moved is not nothing. Companies are to blame for inability to hire due to wages THEY propose. Remember, sir, labor (organized or not) is just that, labor. At my place, they tell me what trailers to pull & where to pull them too. That's MY job. I do what I'm told. Fat? Sure. Lazy? Go **** yourself *******. It doesn't snow an inch an hour on the dock. Your wife doesn't cut you off to get your(?) kids a happy meal. Holland doesn't get in your way running 63 in the middle lane (sorry guys, too easy:poke:). You '85er are part of the problem, not the solution. You do the best you can, you log out & you go home. Get off your high horse & cash your paycheck.

Geez 85 percenter, you're an angry young man. What brought you to holland in the first place? Seems as thought you'd be a lot happier at R&L or E Squeeze (estes). I'm guessing I can safely assume, that you're a right to worker, given your contempt for the union. And given that you're a mean muther$%^er, I still find it hard to believe that you cuss out your co workers on a regular basis without some sort of offer to discuss it outside of work. At the risk of giving in to your rhectoric, I'm guessing it could be a case of
bulldog mouth, puppy dog ass.

Are you :censored: stupid!?! Show me any business anywhere in the world that is successful AND able to give their employees raises that allows linehaul drivers to sit on their fat lazy asses and get paid if "their load isn't ready."

You actually think it's :horseshit: that you have to WORK for your money!!! Hahahaha

:censored: you and the rest of you worthless pieces of :::shit:::. It make sure me sick when I'm busting my ass til 2 and 3 in the morning while you fat ****s sit in a climate controlled breakroom on the clock. I can't wait til this company goes under and you scumbags have to try to make a living in the real world.....

?

?
So I guess you would have no problem driving 6 days a week at night and not seeing your family? But from the way you talk I wouldn't be surprised if you didn' spend a ot of time lonely and drunk. Best of luck in the future. Hope you make peace with yourself and God.

I disagree with you, that would never pass in a million years, I think you underestimate how fed up the drivers are with being paid way less than the industry average for ltl.

where is the moderator ?
Let him go, his ideas might not be based on fact, but he adds some excitement and passion to the forum. I hope there are a thousand other guys that have that kind of hatred and passion towards the company next spring. At least he got the topic to be discussed on here and got a little heated conversation going! We need to figure out how we are going to work around the union next spring to get the correct information out there especially to the newer drivers. I just heard a newer driver tell me this week that this is the most money he is ever made and he hopes we don't get a pay cut next spring and recently another newer guy said he wishes they would just extend the current MOU for another five years so he can continue to make the payment on his fifty thousand dollar pick up. We need to educate a lot of the new guys and we better start soon or the guy calling everybody names might end up being the one on here who is closest to predicting the future.

Let him go, his ideas might not be based on fact, but he adds some excitement and passion to the forum. I hope there are a thousand other guys that have that kind of hatred and passion towards the company next spring. At least he got the topic to be discussed on here and got a little heated conversation going! We need to figure out how we are going to work around the union next spring to get the correct information out there especially to the newer drivers. I just heard a newer driver tell me this week that this is the most money he is ever made and he hopes we don't get a pay cut next spring and recently another newer guy said he wishes they would just extend the current MOU for another five years so he can continue to make the payment on his fifty thousand dollar pick up. We need to educate a lot of the new guys and we better start soon or the guy calling everybody names might end up being the one on here who is closest to predicting the future.

True but he is labeling all of us as fat lazy cocksucking bastards..... I do my job to the best of my abilities.... still want my pay .... vacation..... and do state speed limits..... I'm not going to be like him and name call him

I'm quite frankly sick of this entitled attitude some of you cocksuckers display. You all know nothing about business. Everyone sitting around pleading for their 15%, and doing everything they can to sabotage the company in the meantime. YRC IS BROKE!!! Read earnings releases, donyour research. They are in debt up to their ears and have no money to even invest in equipment (look at the junk they put on the roads!).
It blows my mind that some of you really believe that they would be able to give that 15% back or even a portion of it. Do you know how much money that is for the company? Per day? Per year?
They don't have it! This is a low margin industry and it will take YEARS for YRC to recover if they even ever can. You Mother****ers don't work for google here!!!
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE and either be supportive of the company and do the job you are paid to the best of your ability or get the :censored: out and find somewhere else to work. And if you take option 2, most of you mother****ers won't be able to make it in the real world- they hold people accountable out there!! And the bar is set much higher!! I'm tired of these fat lazy ****s just doing "the absolute bare minimum everyday and constantly bitching about management, 15%, pension, slow trucks, seniority, it's always something.

"If you are unhappy with YOUR situation, Change your situation!"

And until you do: make the most of everyday, You only live once...

Ungrateful, entitled ass ****ers.....

And yes I say this stuff to teamsters faces at my barn and they have threatened to "not help me out if I get in some :::shit:::"

Like I give a :censored:, I'm my own man and don't need them anyway. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a solid ****in dude that does his best and does what's right.

Eat a dick, fat bastard!!!!

no
YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL WHEN YOU ARE TALKING TO AN IGNORANT PERSON. IF YOU READ ALL OF 85PERCENTERS POST HE USES FOUL LANGUAGE AND CALLS PEOPLE NAMES IN EVERY ONE OF HIS POSTS. THE ONLY REASON YRC IS BROKE IS BECAUSE OF THE FAILURE OF MANAGEMENT TO MANAGE THE COMPANY. PAYING UPPER MANAGEMENT EXCESS BONUSES WHILE LABOR'S WAGES ARE CUT IS A VERY BIG PROBLEM. PAYING THE CEO MILLIONS IS A PROBLEM. THE COMPANY SURE SEEMS TO HAVE MONEY TO PAY TOWING BILLS TO HAUL THEIR JUNK BACK TO THE YARD WHEN IT BREAKS DOWN. I REMEMBER SEEING 2 TO 4 TRACTORS HAULED IN ON THE HOOK EVERYDAY. THE UNION HAS BENT OVER BACKWARDS FOR THIS COMPANY ONLY TO HAVE THE COMPANY WASTE HUGE SUMS OF MONEY. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE UNIONS ALL OF US WOULD HAVE BEEN WORKING 7 DAYS A WEEK AND 84 HOURS A WEEK FOR 5 DOLLARS AN HOUR. LIKE I SAID IN ANOTHER POST YOU SIR ARE TOO STUPID TO BE A TEAMSTER. IF YOU HATE THE UNION GET OUT. OR BETTER YET MOVE OVER TO THE MANAGEMENT SIDE. YOU ARE VERY QUALIFIED SEEING HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE. AND BY THE WAY WHAT DOES THE CHICAGO BULLS HAVE TO DO WITH YRC. STILL SHAKING MY HEAD ON THAT ONE. MANAGEMENT AGREED TO THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT. MANAGEMENT CALLED ON THE RADIO TELLING ME WHERE TO MOVE TRAILERS WITH THE YARD HORSE. I DIDN'T MAKE THOSE DECISIONS. THE ROAD DEIVERS WAIT BECAUSE MANAGEMENT CALL THEM IN WHEN LOADS ARE NOT READY THEREFORE THE DRIVER GETS PAID. THAT IS A MANAGEMENT PROBLEM. WE LOAD FREIGHT ON A SPECIFIC TRAILER IN THE ORDER THAT MANAGEMENT DICTATES. SO WHEN PROPER FREIGHT IS IN THE NOSE AND RELAY FREIGHT IS ON THE TAIL THAT IS A MANAGEMENT PROBLEM NOT LABOR'S. WHEN I WORKED INBOUND DOCK EVERYDAY WE BROKE TRAILERS WITH FREIGHT IN THE NOSE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE REAR. THAT IS A MANAGEMENT PROBLEM. MANAGEMENT HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING IN THE LAST TEN YEARS TO HELP THE COMPANY MAKE MONEY. SO QUIT YOR BS OF TEAMSTERS BEING STUPID AND LAZY. WE DON'T MAKE THE DECISIONS MANAGEMENT DOES. MANAGEMENT MAKES THE DECISION TO TRAP 15 TRAILERS OF CITY FREIGHT BECAUSE THEY CAN'T HIRE DRIVERS. I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT I'M SURE THAT YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND. YOU WOULD RATHER ACT LIKE AN ASS ON TRUCKINGBOARDS. GO AWAY.

?
UPS feeder drivers are paid to wait. Pretty successful I think