ABF | 21 years at ABF in central states

i have 21 years at holland, that's all the teamsters time I have and I am in the central states pension fund.
I am looking to compare pension cuts to an equal at ABF
My letter said pension should have been $2158.29 cut to $1469.77
Anyone care to compare?

i have 21 years at holland, that's all the teamsters time I have and I am in the central states pension fund.
Anyone care to compare?
24 at abf, 10 with 2 other carriers. 3400 month to 2200 month. Take taxes out and 275 insurance, do the math. Cent states should not have access to this money...fire the bastards before they **** it awa

Anyone care to compare?
I had 30 years and 3000 a month , cut to1248 because I'm considered an orphan

I had orphanears and 3000 a month , cut to1248 because I'm considered an orphan
Does anyone know how to find out exactly what the orphan deal is. The two companies I worked for both went out of bus but im sure they were current on pension payments. I was supposed to be vested for 34years of payments into the fund so I figure that orphan is just another word for your ****ed

Reactions: ESP
I had 30 years and 3000 a month , cut to1248 because Iinjusticessidered an orphan
Also, im sorry larWoo, thats just plain wrong. Teamsters are getting divided in this union. These injustices should never have occurred. Cent states says a 22% cut is the average, lets take a poll and ill volunteer to submit the results to the treasury dept. I smell a.rat!

Does anyone know how to find out exactly what the orphan deal is. The two companies I worked for both went out of bus but im sure they were current on pension payments. I was supposed to be vested for 34years of payments into the fund so I figure that orphan is just another word for your ****ed
Being an orphan means that you worked for a company that went out of business and did not pay their unfunded liability. You being vested has nothing to do with the designation.

24 at abf, 10 with 2 other carriers. 3400 month to 2200 month. Take taxes out and 275 insurance, do the math. Cent states should not have access to this money...fire the bastards before they **** it awa
That's actually pretty good. I had 33 years in 16 with Carolina and 17 with ABF. Carolina's pension was paid in full, ABF assumed all future responsibility when they purchased Carolina. I took an "and-out" retirement at 52, I paid a 600+ month penalty and now they want to cut me from 2900.00 to 1440.00.

Anyone care to compare?
17 years at holland 4 years at abf 2200 - 1800

Also, im sorry larWoo, thats just plain wrong. Teamsters are getting divided in this union. These injustices should never have occurred. Cent states says a 22% cut is the average, lets take a poll and ill volunteer to submit the results to the treasury dept. I smell a.rat!
I believe they are including the guys over 80 that are not being cut, the UPS guys and the guys that are getting less than 1100 or whatever the figure is where your benefits are less than the guaranteed government minimum or whatever the call it. If you add those in with the guys who are getting totally screwed it could come out to about 22 percent.

That is right 5tolls, that is the average of 410,000 total and not the 200,000 affected. By the way I was getting 2500 per month and will get 1209 when it starts. I am one of those no good miserable ORPHANS, I should be taken out back and shot. I have ruined everything for everybody else. I am one of those who paid in so those before me can get a retirement and now I have no right to be treated the same. I am BAD ! I am getting what I deserve. Please beat me! I guess I can stop now, I know you get it. :lmao::crybaby:

Thanks this is what I was looking for.
I would still like to see someone who has all 21 years at ABF. I am looking to see how much our concessions have cost us at Holland
Go to Central States pension fund rescue plan. The details are there for you to find. Look at the right side of the page and then find rescue plan and you will see what you need. There are four tiers. ABF has one of its own and the cuts are an average of 30 %, Then there is HOLLAND and YRC and the average is 50% Then there is the Dumb ORPHANS, who will get 50 to 65% cuts. Mine was 52% which was what took me to the max cut for my personal cut. Everybody is treated different in the fact that you had to be cut in so many ways. Every year that you was an ORPHAN you were cut to the max for those years or maybe just one year. Read every word and you will see that it was as fair as it could be. The Law decided all that for us. Nobody likes this not even me, But if there is going to a pension for you and others in the future, THEN_________________so be it.

That's actually pretty good. I had 33 years in 16 with Carolina and 17 with ABF. Carolina's pension was paid in full, ABF assumed all future responsibility when they purchased Carolina. I took an "and-out" retirement at 52, I paid a 600+ month penalty and now they want to cut me from 2900.00 to 1440.00.
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kicking:

It will make NO difference. Unless you have time with a company that didn't pay it's withdrawal, your reduction is the same whether your time is all at Holland or all at ABF.
I think you are dead on about not paying the exit fee. I am blessed if you can call it with 16.117 years credit gives me 2040.00 now with a projected decrease of 408.00 leaving about 1600. All my time has been with ABF. But that might be subject to change if I retire by the end of this year which I will. I have wondered how I could have worked a lot less than other members & received 2 grand a month & have a smaller % with held. von.

I believe they are including the guys over 80 that are not being cut, the UPS guys and the guys that are getting less than 1100 or whatever the figure is where your benefits are less than the guaranteed government minimum or whatever the call it. If you add those in with the guys who are getting totally screwed it could come out to about 22 percent.
Thanks mud. Got an email from pension rights center and they want our input; ideas, stories, questions, comments. Its a very good sight to get gov contact numbers for comments. They have a special web page.for stories with hundreds of teamsters explaining their situations...so sad, so.pissed off. We need to keep fighting...power in numbers