Yellow | 211 and 120 Downsizing and closing "rumor"

SCREWED@YELLROAD said:
Sorry to say but I just heard 120 is closing and 211 is going to a city operation/cartage? Any news let me know.:chairshot: :chairshot:
So we all know .... please tell us the locations instead of the corporate numbers jargon for the terminals.

And just where is all the work from 120 going? As I recall 211 has picked up east freight from every terminal within a 600 mile range. So if 211 is cutting back where is all of there freight going to be worked?
Were running out of breaks boys! Can't close all of them down!

SCREWED@YELLROAD said:
Sorry to say but I just heard 120 is closing and 211 is going to a city operation/cartage?
Just the usual rumors.........UPS purchased the 120 sight, gonna put UPSF in there. Haven't heard about Akron. DS.

metroman said:
And just where is all the work from 120 going?
Were running out of breaks boys! Can't close all of them down!
Because of the the change 671 (Winston) was supposed to pick up some of the extra freight..........we did pick up 47 extra people. But even the guys that came here say......."but, where's the freight"?!?

flstc2000 said:
So we all know .... please tell us the locations instead of the corporate numbers jargon for the terminals.
Why not update your profile and tell us where you work (what terminal, 120, 211 309 ?) Just nice to know who we're talkin to........:chairshot:

120 closing, Just a rumor. This direct loading is costing more than they planned. This weekend if a satelite cut a partial and pups less then 15000k it came to us to fill and send out. We had to call Akron to get permission to cut pups less than 15k, 53ftrs had to be over 33k. It just jammed up the whole system. 2hrs ot and a mandatory six punch. Looks like they need us.

stacker said:
120 closing, Just a rumor. This direct loading is costing more than they planned. This weekend if a satelite cut a partial and pups less then 15000k it came to us to fill and send out. We had to call Akron to get permission to cut pups less than 15k, 53ftrs had to be over 33k. It just jammed up the whole system.
Hey stacker......someone told me about the email. Just like old times........they talk about service service service.......and they cut the trailers on time....then they realize that they didin't get load factor and have to make more trips!! I love the way they will bring a cut load back to the dock......backstrip it......reload it. Talk about cutting off your nose.....:duh: DS.

stacker said:
120 closing, Just a rumor. This direct loading is costing more than they planned. This weekend if a satelite cut a partial and pups less then 15000k it came to us to fill and send out. We had to call Akron to get permission to cut pups less than 15k, 53ftrs had to be over 33k. It just jammed up the whole system. 2hrs ot and a mandatory six punch. Looks like they need us.
Hey stacker....by the looks of your post, things must be looking better there. We got a guy down here.....Joey T., that came from 120. I heard the call board was pretty big up there. DS.

stacker said:
120 closing, Just a rumor.
Hey stacker......Lubey told me that they painted the old dock "buster" brown?? Then the deal fell through?!? Any truth to that?.....consider the source!!:bgroovy: DS.

Last night the tom @ 211 told us a minimum of 28k on the 53 ft trls.
Also heard that they are purchasing 700 additional 53 ft`ers to add to the fleet. Also said that they will not be adding anymore pups.

DS, I warned you about him, now you know why he's not allowed back at 120. Right now we are warehousing freight on the old IB dock. Not much happening with it though. Joey is right our callboard is way over the 80/20. The guys on the bottom only get called on the weekends and sit by the phone all week. Some of them are filing on this so they can get layed off and get on with their lives. The guys that are layed off work as much as the bottom of the board anyway. We only get busy on a weekend when we get extra 135 and 231 freight. During the week they ask to stay or go home.

211 mutt said:
Also heard that they are purchasing 700 additional 53 ft`ers to add to the fleet. Also said that they will not be adding anymore pups.
Welcome to the boards 211 mutt....:wavey: ....Feel free to post away! DS.

211 mutt said:
Hope they don't plan on sending those big boys to NY City. They are illegal for all intents and purposes here. Only allowed to run the interstates and one stop in one stop out. If there's more than one stop on a 53 or less than a full load, we make them strip it . No one at my barn will peddle a 53 in the city.

same rule here in chicago pups 15,000 and 53ft musst be 33,500 or they will call them back to dock to rework, that call is coming from the akrons office. we have swapped doors 3 or 4 times this week dock so blown out at times you can not even find the door so you can home, we must have 250 or more empty pups here sitting in the yard.
you can work 14 hour days even on a 7th day. it is completely crazy here just watching and waiting for the next big thing to hit.

Hey CR send some of those pups over here to 211! We are desperate for pups!
Same here with the overtime, Up to 12hrs a day along with 6 punches every week and 7 punches most of the time.