Yellow | 211 and 120 Downsizing and closing "rumor"

Bzzzzzzttttt!!

stacker said:
Wait till he does some electrical work in his house and shuts the power down to the whole neighborhood. "again"
:biglaugh: Somehow I can see that..........How's the freight this week? Anymore rumors about your old IB dock? I'm sure that someone took Lubeys spot as head BS starter!!:rolleyes: DS.

They didn't ask to stay home or go home early this week. They said we got an extra 1000 bills in the city for April. It's not definite yet, but they're thinking about adding 9 more dock bids and 3 switcher bids. Not all of the callboard has worked yet. Nothing new on the IB, still warehousing freight. Most of the rumors come from guys who transferred to other terminals. But here's a fact, we used to load at least 100,000lbs a day to Valdosta, today we had less then 10,000. Alot of it now goes thought 671. They must be loading around it.

stacker said:
But here's a fact, we used to load at least 100,000lbs a day to Valdosta, today we had less then 10,000. Alot of it now goes thought 671. They must be loading around it.
I'm glad to see you guys get some more freight. You are right about the Florida direct loading. We got all kinds of directs that start with a 7.....They load in the "hub" area of the dock. Hopefully with this hub freight we can get some new freight and hang on to it, and get your guys off the call board.:bgroovy: DS.

Once again, we're working 135 district. Offer a transfer already! Keeps happening, bobtail to 135 (142 miles) work their district for the day or three, depending on your hours of service. Come to think of it, we do the same in 211's district all the time.

serta said:
Once again, we're working 135 district. Offer a transfer already! Keeps happening, bobtail to 135 (142 miles) work their district for the day or three, depending on your hours of service. Come to think of it, we do the same in 211's district all the time.
I could have finished my career with a 211 bid at 8:00 am start. Sounds great. Nope, call from the line with your empties, your going somewhere in their district, other terminal, customer pickup, customer delivery, etc. Guaranteed to use your 14, hopefully you get to go home on your "turn bid." No thanx..............:chairshot:

serta said:
671 hung a "crossover" to the road yesterday. They say they need 12 more "steering wheel holders"!! Remember we were a loser of 5 on the COO. It hasn't been 90 days, so RDWY has to offer those 5 to come back. They won't......they transfered back "home". I hope all spots fill, we still have 30 some on lay off. This will help bring some back. Hey Big R..........you could come down and drive as a casual........since you don't have anything else to do!!!:biglaugh: DS.:wavey:

wait a minute? going back to article 5, was that for my district only? If their needing or hiring, i could come down there with my co senority but llose my barn right?

TheBigR said:
I could have finished my career with a 211 bid at 8:00 am start. Sounds great. Nope, call from the line with your empties, your going somewhere in their district, other terminal, customer pickup, customer delivery, etc. Guaranteed to use your 14, hopefully you get to go home on your "turn bid." No thanx..............:chairshot:
don't you guys have a guarentee for pay if you dont make it back for your bid start? If they want to send us somewhere and we wont make it back in time, and we notify them. If they still do it, they have to pay us for a days pay.

Docksteward said:
Hey Big R..........you could come down and drive as a casual........since you don't have anything else to do!!!:biglaugh: DS.:wavey:
DS, your phone's breakin up, I can't hear ya............:rofl2: :rofl2:

Rumor has it that the V.P. Labor ( That miserible, Usless, LOWLIFE______________ ______________!!) and a few other usless management types were at 120 last week to talk to the Union about why Buffalo & Harrisburg are running by us to the Northeast.
The results you ask? Simple.
1. 231 & 135 will contune to run past us to New England & N.Y.C.
2. We are not getting any freight back. Even though we lost well over the 40% Rex said we would lose.
Now I wish I would have got the hell out of here while I could have. We are going to be left to die on the vine!
Why not just close us down now and spare us the B.S.!!! Hell I'll take the 135 transfer! I can be a ***** anywere!
Anyone want to go to an "AI" meeting?

Just a question

metroman said:
Now I wish I would have got the hell out of here while I could have. We are going to be left to die on the vine!

Hey metro man.....do you think when the "hub freight" gets rolling that you guys will see more freight. The way I understand it, the hub freight will take a little time to start flowing. I never liked the "AI" stuff.......all just a bunch of BS and a way to waste $$:duh: , if you ask me. DS.

No because all the HUB frt go by us to 211,231,671 or past us to the bigger satelite terminals.

we'll cut it off @ the pass

metroman said:
No because all the HUB frt go by us to 211,231,671 or past us to the bigger satelite terminals.

I agree with you metro cause b/4 this change we were running directs to you every night from here and we still are but you know where that freight is being cut off at the pass. Could have the our road men run it into 120, go to bed then run via thru 135 in route back to 657.

Had a good thing going with the direct loading concept that fell by the wayside.:duh: :duh:

progress? seems where going backwards. LTL, seems like if we arent loading high and tight we arent making money(like to see the diff. in revenue). Granted the two day market is profitable, but what about the rest? high and tight is just the same, different market. Are we just going to give that up? Bed jobs, what kinda cash are we spending? Seems the meets where better, but what the hell do I know, I'm sitting in bed instead of spending .5 on the clock waiting for the swap. Hello management, what the &^$&% are you thinkiong? Thats why, minus the benies, you lacking, good on paper, good to go. You plan the routes, not even - faster,, smarter, economical. Get with the fricken program. You haven't got a clue. You have no idea what the hell goes on. Where we actuallly have to go, waste more on fuel then tolls. waste more time then needed(cause its alll about service right?) Sorry about the rant, just venting. AGO and the such is a joke, Your input is not needed or wanted. Take the free money and just shut it. Thats ok, always said we make money by accident. Puting down the bottle now, going to bed.

serta said:
progress? seems where going backwards. Thats ok, always said we make money by accident.

Just think if it was done right how much $$$$$ we would really make. We made a profit of $1 mill alone locally and he still doesn't have a clue whats going on. Imagine if he did have a notion he could profit by two fold easy. Sometimes its best to lleave somethings alone cause someplaces actually run themselves.

metroman said:
Hey metroman...I guess what I ment was the IB HUB freight comming to your terminal. What I heard from one of these guys trying to tie all of the loose ends together was the BB's are handling the HUB freight timely. It's just getting the end of the line terminals to make sure they get delivered. I really think once the "bugs" are worked out everyone will see more freight.:cool: DS.

metroman said:
Rumor has it that the V.P. Labor ( That miserible, Usless, LOWLIFE______________ ______________!!) and a few other usless management types were at 120 last week to talk to the Union about why Buffalo & Harrisburg are running by us to the Northeast.
The results you ask? Simple.
1. 231 & 135 will contune to run past us to New England & N.Y.C.
2. We are not getting any freight back. Even though we lost well over the 40% Rex said we would lose.
Why not just close us down now and spare us the B.S.!!! Hell I'll take the 135 transfer! I can be a ***** anywere!
Sounds just like a meeting I sat in on, not too long ago when we got hammered on a change. They blew smoke up our ahz, told us how great we were, how much they liked us, and then said "but you just don't fit in the system". That was Roadway people; now with Yellow calling the shots, I guess "we now fit in the system".....Who knows who fits where anymore......:wtflol:

A couple of weeks ago they showed us a video explaining why breakbulks just don,t work in the way Roadway works. It said the flow centers are the way to move freight faster. The ones I remember are 231, 211, 135, and 671. Stroudsburg wasn't even on the map.

What the hell is the difference between a "Flow" center & a Break? Same dock right?

stacker said:
A couple of weeks ago they showed us a video explaining why breakbulks just don,t work in the way Roadway works. It said the flow centers are the way to move freight faster. The ones I remember are 231, 211, 135, and 671. Stroudsburg wasn't even on the map.
I would like to get a hold of that tape, just to check it out. I use the word "breakbulk" to describe where I work. YRC takes it literally. Old way of thinking of what a BB does. Send all the freight through BB's and they will direct load what they can and move the rest through another BB. New way is direct load from satellites to the destination. What does go to the BB can now be worked faster.....more "velocity" :duh: as the big wigs call it. The other factors YRC has considered was location and investment. 671 is right beside of I-40. I-85, I-77 are close by also. Investemnt.........RDWY sank a boat load of $$ when they built the AFHS dock. $35 million is what I heard. It was only 12 years ago, I'm sure there is a tax thing somewhere in there! Just my take on it. DS.