ABF | $22.64 an hour, $.56875 a mile and a first class health plan with zero monthly cost!

There is a point to this thread. Can you come up with a job that pays at least $22.64 an hour or .56875 cents a mile that offers great insurance with no monthly premium. UPS Freight pays a little more but requires health care contributions and the pension is controlled by UPS.

Everyone here at ABF has a monumental decision to make and understanding the reality of the job market absolutely influences the amount of risk we are willing to take by rejecting almost 5 months of work between the Teamsters negotiating committee and ABF. This is not the 1970's whereby if one union company goes down you just move to another union job. It is a far descend to the non-unions and for the most part, they will not hire you if you have union time anyway.

So hell no, this thread will not be deleted. Information is king!

Something everybody tends to overlook is that we also have a no cost health plan available to us at Ups Freight, and it's pretty good coverage.

A comment on the math, if you take a seven percent cut in wages you are now making 93 percent of your previous wages. Now if in a year you get a two percent increase in wages you are actually getting a 1.86 percent increase of your original wages. It will not make a huge difference, but you will not get your seven percent back quite as quickly. Then if you are making 94.86 percent of your original wages and get another two percent that would be a 1.8972 percent of your original wages. So after two wage increases you are not back to 97 percent, you are actually at 96.75 percent and so on. I hope my math is correct, I was just doing it in my old worn out truck driver's head.

in 5 years you'll be making what you are now (unless they come back for more ask yrc about that) with 1 less week vacation so many employees will work those years with only 1 week vacation a year &you don't feel that this is a catastrophe ?????

In 5 years you will be making more then you are now. 1/2 % more. It is unlikely they will ask for more concessions after agreeing to 4 raises, extremely unlikely. 2010 was not a contract they had no recourse. They don't bluff. Don't make them have to sell to YRC

YRC is not even part of this TA. No fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once they start asking for concessions, it never stops. That's what you should fear

We would be making 1.5% the last year of the new contract than we are now. If they give us 2% BACK each year we are not getting a 2% raise!

A comment on the math, if you take a seven percent cut in wages you are now making 93 percent of your previous wages. Now if in a year you get a two percent increase in wages you are actually getting a 1.86 percent increase of your original wages. It will not make a huge difference, but you will not get your seven percent back quite as quickly. Then if you are making 94.86 percent of your original wages and get another two percent that would be a 1.8972 percent of your original wages. So after two wage increases you are not back to 97 percent, you are actually at 96.75 percent and so on. I hope my math is correct, I was just doing it in my old worn out truck driver's head.

Are your yearly wages being reduced by 7% also?
Our yearly raises under the yrc contract were reduced by 15% each time

we will be making less with losing one week of vacation at the end of the contract. subtract 45 hrs of vacation pay per year

Seems like the greater question is how much will you earn at your new job and pay for insurance. You may be the exception to the rule but most everyone here will get paid less and pay more for insurance if Abf gets bought.
Highest rates prevail voting yes makes abf easier to sell.

Highest rates prevail voting yes makes abf easier to sell.

The higher the stock price the more difficult it will be for yrcw to acquire us due to extra capital necessary for the higher share price. If the vote fails, customers flee and stock drops. It could save yrcw hundreds of millions on the reduced share price

Why only YRC, If ABF is a good bargain were are the buyer's that would purchase to make money on the liquidate.Would you not think there could be a bidding war.

UPS only got out of the Central States pension. They are negotiating with the New England pension fund to buy out with a 70 year payment plan. UPS is also setting up their own multi - employer pension fund for other companies to join. They will be in direct competition with our pension fund.

ABF cannot afford to buy their way out of the pension funds. That is the only way to get out. UPS cannot afford to buy out of all the multiemployer pension funds.

Can anyone tell me what the poison pill that ABC set up after the first hostile takeover. I was told that all pensions would have to be made 100% vested. That is only in a hostile takeover.

Can anyone tell me what the poison pill that ABC set up after the first hostile takeover. I was told that all pensions would have to be made 100% vested. That is only in a hostile takeover.

I'm guessing there is no poison pill. There are no large share holders that own a majority of the stock. Why would ABC want to stop a YRC take over? No way they want to pay full scale. ABF would fall under YRC's contract. YRC would still have to pay a premium to buy the stock from senior management who retire millionaires.

I'm guessing there is no poison pill. There are no large share holders that own a majority of the stock. Why would ABC want to stop a YRC take over? No way they want to pay full scale. ABF would fall under YRC's contract. YRC would still have to pay a premium to buy the stock from senior management who retire millionaires.

I don’t believe if ABFS is bought by YRCW that ABF employees would fall under the YRC contract. I think we would be subject to whatever contract we are under at the time of the buyout. I have seen other corporations buy companies and these corporations had to honor the existing contracts of the companies they bought. I don’t believe it would be different here.

I don’t believe if ABFS is bought by YRCW that ABF employees would fall under the YRC contract. I think we would be subject to whatever contract we are under at the time of the buyout. I have seen other corporations buy companies and these corporations had to honor the existing contracts of the companies they bought. I don’t believe it would be different here.
You are assuming we will be under any contract. With a no vote why would ABF agree to another extension? Without another extension we would not be covered by a contract...