TForce | .25 reduction in pay rate

Credits
Has anyone else noticed that our drophook scale is .25 less than our breakdown and fueling pay?

The pay scale is $21.50, but all the drophook pay is $21.25. Where did they come up with two different pay scales? When I asked the payroll department, they said it something to do with Overnight and an insurance cost from 2 years ago and that they take a quarter deduction from all the drophook pay for all the drivers.

It means another two or three bucks per week they are in my pocket!! How about you guys?

I don't have any constructive comments on your question Wiggelwagon.
I'm a city driver,and the road operation is very foreign to me.
But working for a big company like we are every little bit of cash helps toward their profit.
So thank you very much for your generous contribution.
Maybe you can ask pay roll for a donation recept to get a tax write off?

Has anyone else noticed that our drophook scale is .25 less than our breakdown and fueling pay?

The pay scale is $21.50, but all the drophook pay is $21.25. Where did they come up with two different pay scales? When I asked the payroll department, they said it something to do with Overnight and an insurance cost from 2 years ago and that they take a quarter deduction from all the drophook pay for all the drivers.

It means another two or three bucks per week they are in my pocket!! How about you guys?

Yup, I also checked the last couple pay checks from 2006. We were getting paid $ 20.75 for drop&hooks. Now as you say it is $21.25 I don't know when they pulled this one off. What a joke.

Yes, just another strike against the road drivers. A few years back we got the normal .50 raise. But that year they added Blue cross for the first time. But that added some cost to us. So uncle leo was graciuos enough to give us another .25 to offset the cost. But I guess the bean counters figured the road guys made too much. So they said that they didn't intend on boosting the drop and hook pay, that the increase for the insurance was only for the hourly wage. I guess that the road guys don't pay for the Blue Cross like everyone else. After alot of complaint's they finally gave us back the .25 increase for fuel but not d+h. So now we are at 21.5 hourly for fuel and 21.25 for d+h. That was the last straw for me. This was the 4th hit in 4 years in a row that the road took some kind of pay hit.No one else took a hit on the.25. Everyone else got it. There went my loyalty.

Good catch wigglewagon. Once again the company shows it has your best interest at heart. Wait a minute, I hear something coming, it sounds like horses!!!

Well, I am even more embarrassed that I did not notice that we do not get the hourly rate for drops and hooks. I am disgusted! I went back as far as January 2006 and we have been getting .25 cents per hour less than the hourly rate for a year. From the answer that payroll gave you, I would say we have been getting porked for two years now. Add that up! I guess we are not deserving of the full hourly rate like the p&d drivers get.

Yes BusterNite,and tomcat what good is being upset,or feed up?
What can anyone do about it?

Can you come to a terminal drop off your pups,than bob tail around the terminal 30,or 40 times to add to your miles?

I know you don't want to hear this,but we can only do our best job for the one thats paying us,and not worry about getting ripped off.
Cause really what can any of us workers do to change what great big UPS is doing in any of their operation?

You can worry yourself to an early grave,and the company will just use the next one on the list.

Just my $.03 cents on this subject.
$.03 ? yeah inflation don't you know.

Well there you go,take the advice from a very old trucker,thats been with 15 trucking companies over my many years.
There was short comings at every company,and it wasn't because I was working for them.
They all operate the way they want,and union,or non-union alike the workers have very little say in the matter.

Holy smokes I've got to get going to work.
The time has a way of creeping up on you.
Its a good thing theres a clock on my computer.

OK, Road Drivers Lets talk about it!! Are you mad? Did you know you have been getting porked for years with the D&H's? Did you know you are not worthy of getting full rate pay for D&H's? Its kinda like the delay pay!

Can you come to a terminal drop off your pups,than bob tail around the terminal 30,or 40 times to add to your miles?

I know you don't want to hear this,but we can only do our best job for the one thats paying us,and not worry about getting ripped off.
Cause really what can any of us workers do to change what great big UPS is doing in any of their operation?

You can worry yourself to an early grave,and the company will just use the next one on the list.

Just my $.03 cents on this subject.
$.03 ? yeah inflation don't you know.

Well there you go,take the advice from a very old trucker,thats been with 15 trucking companies over my many years.
There was short comings at every company,and it wasn't because I was working for them.
They all operate the way they want,and union,or non-union alike the workers have very little say in the matter.

Holy smokes I've got to get going to work.
The time has a way of creeping up on you.
Its a good thing theres a clock on my computer.

Not complaining, whinning, or anything else. But the original raise was for everyone to get .50. Everyone was to get an additional.25 to offset the insurance. The road had that .25 taken away from them. D+h are part of our earnings the same as any other employee has their particular wage package. We did not get to keep the increase to offset the insurance, but everyone else did. Is that fair? No one else took a hit. I thought we were to be a team and part of Leo's vision. If they took it from us, then everybody should have taken a hit or they should have never offered the .25. I just answered the man's question with the facts. Not trying to start anything.

OK, Road Drivers Lets talk about it!! Are you mad? Did you know you have been getting porked for years with the D&H's? Did you know you are not worthy of getting full rate pay for D&H's? Its kinda like the delay pay!

Yea Buster, I'm mad. Our (the old MC guys) rate decrease started the same time as the UPSF took over the paychecks, July 1, 2006.

The frustrating part is we have had to come down to the levels of the O and we have lost on hourly, delay, breakdown, etc...They will only stop when we have a contract to protect us!

Not complaining, whinning, or anything else. But the original raise was for everyone to get .50. Everyone was to get an additional.25 to offset the insurance. The road had that .25 taken away from them. D+h are part of our earnings the same as any other employee has their particular wage package. We did not get to keep the increase to offset the insurance, but everyone else did. Is that fair? No one else took a hit. I thought we were to be a team and part of Leo's vision. If they took it from us, then everybody should have taken a hit or they should have never offered the .25. I just answered the man's question with the facts. Not trying to start anything.

Thank you for the explanation. Of course it is not fair! And even if it was a policy years ago at O, why is UPSF continuing with it?

.25 times all the road drivers, the full year or more, equals BIG money for the Company. Gotta pay those bonuses somehow.

And a quick footnote, it was good to see big shot Matt Mc. ushered out of his office and sent down the road. He was definately not looking out for our best interest. :1036316054:

APO, we can all sign a union card, have a contract, and protect ourselves from the next thing on the list they want to take away.

The other convenient thing for the company is the insurance. The cost went up the first of the year, but our credit only went up a portion of that. So the bottom line is...more money from our pockets. They can make the credit anything they want, they don't have to keep up with the cost of insurance. What will next year bring if we don't have a contract?

I'm not whinning, I'm just really tired of this.:duh:

.25 times all the road drivers, the full year or more, equals BIG money for the Company. Gotta pay those bonuses somehow.

My wife put some #'s to this.

Approx. 8500 road drivers, an average of 2.5 hours of drophook per week (=21,250 hours) at .25 (=$5312.50) times 52 weeks per year = $276,250 and we don't even have Blue Cross insurance any more.

I guess the Company motto is just to take a little from them at a time and they won't notice. Kinda like a slow poison.

atta boy wigglewagon!!!!!!!! my d+h = about 6.5 hours per week. that's a big chunck over the course of the last 4 years.

I'm sorry that I got into this thread topic.
I'm a city driver,and am very clueless when it comes to the road drivers pay structure.

The only way we city drivers get ripped off is with our late start times.
When we were Overnite we used to be able to help out getting our route freight off of our inbound loads.
Than finishing out loading our route trailers.
Now we aren't to go to the dock till our route trailers are all loaded,and ready to go out.

So we've lost the earlier start time,for breaking down our inbound freight.
In a one year time frame this adds up to a lot of money UPS Freight is saving on this new operation change.
So I can't relate to the road?
I know how it is working the city,and its not the same old laid back Overnite I hired on with thats for sure.

I still do the best I can,and don't worry about anything I have no control over.

As far as signing a card, UPS has all of that on hold with the Teamsters barganing unit,working on the Indy contract,which we are all waiting to see when that program will be complete.

For us @ M.C t's been that way since O bought M.C and you got more info from payroll than we did:smilie_132:

M.C road drivers in PHO been askin about this pay thing since 7-06. Also it seems that O drivers are finally now asking about the operations at UPSF/O mtys on mtys or mtys running 500+ miles, My Q? Where have you all been, I asked these Q's five months ago?Then i was slammed for not being in line or waiting for change. GET with it drivers. Think out side the box unlike O

M.C road drivers in PHO been askin about this pay thing since 7-06. Also it seems that O drivers are finally now asking about the operations at UPSF/O mtys on mtys or mtys running 500+ miles, My Q? Where have you all been, I asked these Q's five months ago?Then i was slammed for not being in line or waiting for change. GET with it drivers. Think out side the box unlike O

I have to admit, I remember reading these post. And I also remember you taking flack for it too from naive kool-aid consumers. But being a city rat these hard questions you asked didn't pertain to me. Besides our side of the street has enough of it's own garbage. So five+ months later, tell us, are you ready to join the dark side?