FedEx Freight | 25 year reward truck

Gator

Outstanding Member
Credits
I'm under the understanding if your on a slipseat run you will have to slipseat a reward truck. Is this right.
To me the truck is a useless token at that point. Has your name on the door, big deal if I'm waiting for it every morning or have a constant rotation of drivers that would go through it.
I just assume get a fat check and they can keep there truck. I was told I could take it to a non slipseat run but why do I have to take a pay cut and go to nights just to say it's my truck only. I do understand the amount of drivers hitting the milestone and the amount of trucks they would have to buy, so let's just go to a Saftey payoff and if you want we will give a magnetic sign you can stick on the door of any truck you drive.

I'm under the understanding if your on a slipseat run you will have to slipseat a reward truck. Is this right.
To me the truck is a useless token at that point. Has your name on the door, big deal if I'm waiting for it every morning or have a constant rotation of drivers that would go through it.
I just assume get a fat check and they can keep there truck. I was told I could take it to a non slipseat run but why do I have to take a pay cut and go to nights just to say it's my truck only. I do understand the amount of drivers hitting the milestone and the amount of trucks they would have to buy, so let's just go to a Saftey payoff and if you want we will give a magnetic sign you can stick on the door of any truck you drive.
I agree...just put my name on the side of the million mile Volvo that I currently drive!! :1036316054:

When I received my trophy truck all we had were KW's. I had my choice of stick or automatic. I was the only one who drove it, so I kept all my stuff in it. Starting my 7th year of retirement next month. Life is good. Thanks Dick Bangham, Viking Freight was the best job I ever had. jc

I think that would depend. If you're on a true slipseat or not. Do you trade the entire set or just the trailers at a meet point?

I think that would depend. If you're on a true slipseat or not. Do you trade the entire set or just the trailers at a meet point?
Wasn't aware that we had any regularly scheduled meets where tractors were exchanged along with the trailers. We do have some relay runs where the set stays hooked at the home domicile.

I put a print-out of my TB avatar on the side of my truck...

9jTWrfE.jpg

You mean this one? Of you and my team partner?

It's where you share your truck with another driver that runs a different bid at night. But if they do a bump bid or move in seniority you can have as much as 5 different drivers in one year that you would share the truck with.
Like I said it's not much of a reward truck at that point.

At our barn they don't slip seat the 25 year driver trucks at this point in time but in 3 years or so we will have 30+ drivers ready for their 25 year truck so my guess is it will eventually be a thing of the past.

At our barn they don't slip seat the 25 year driver trucks at this point in time but in 3 years or so we will have 30+ drivers ready for their 25 year truck so my guess is it will eventually be a thing of the past.

Same here, awards trucks don't get used on slip seat runs.

roog

Same here, awards trucks don't get used on slip seat runs.

roog
Same here. City or Road, the trucks are NOT available for bid. They can and have been used in rare circumstances, when freight levels exceed available equip level.

Oh, and the options available? I stumbled across this...

O4kc7LP.jpg