Yellow | 2nd customer service rep says no

lol62

TB Lurker
Credits
I am for the union. Been working for 15 yrs in customer service. It wasn't teamsters fault we are in this mess. Management needs to find another way to come up with the money. We gave & sacrificed millions. What did they do with the money? You can't stay in your house if you don't pay your mortgage. They slashed pension, no raises, took a week of vacation, when you work this long and get little, and then come back and ask for more, it is a slap in the face! Management got bonuses plus make much more than hourly employees. Board of Dir get paid good money, Management that leaves get their golden parachutes .Management is still top heavy. They have not sacrificed like others. Why not?

Even with a yes vote no guarantee things are going to turn around. It's a hard decision, families involved,but unfair to ask for more or extend this thing. Why wait this long to get another concession or extension knowing they need an answer by Nov 15th? What is there to hide by prolonging the 3rd quarter report? I understand some of the frustration. Customers complain about loss, damaged or late freight. If we don't have the tractors, drivers and manpower to move the freight it is not the teamsters fault. If the company can't attract people to come work for Yrc, management needs to take a look at themselves. Unfortunately we are on the ship.

I am for the union. Been working for 15 yrs in customer service. It wasn't teamsters fault we are in this mess. Management needs to find another way to come up with the money. We gave & sacrificed millions. What did they do with the money? You can't stay in your house if you don't pay your mortgage. They slashed pension, no raises, took a week of vacation, when you work this long and get little, and then come back and ask for more, it is a slap in the face! Management got bonuses plus make much more than hourly employees. Board of Dir get paid good money, Management that leaves get their golden parachutes .Management is still top heavy. They have not sacrificed like others. Why not?

Even with a yes vote no guarantee things are going to turn around. It's a hard decision, families involved,but unfair to ask for more or extend this thing. Why wait this long to get another concession or extension knowing they need an answer by Nov 15th? What is there to hide by prolonging the 3rd quarter report? I understand some of the frustration. Customers complain about loss, damaged or late freight. If we don't have the tractors, drivers and manpower to move the freight it is not the teamsters fault. If the company can't attract people to come work for Yrc, management needs to take a look at themselves. Unfortunately we are on the ship.

You need to be CEO!

I am for the union. Been working for 15 yrs in customer service.

I'm neither for or against union. What I am for is our job. You make several good points. Management is completely out of touch. They shouldn't have waited this long to tell everyone about the need for more cuts. However here is how I see it.

Where was the union you all pay so much for? Are you telling me they can't look at a financial statement and tell that there is no way for YRCW to pay its impending debt? Way are they waiting for the company to come to them vs. being proactive?

At this point I feel if this November 15th deadline is true then if you want to keep your job you'll have to vote with what they say....this time. After we stave off Chapter 11 and god forbid Chapter 7 bankruptcy then you get your damn union to do what you're paying them to do. Be proactive, threaten to shut the company down themselves if the company doesn't concede to their demands. How can a 30 year old kid with minimal college education see this when very well paid union reps can not? There I just solved the whole thing.

I'm neither for or against union. What I am for is our job. You make several good points. Management is completely out of touch. They shouldn't have waited this long to tell everyone about the need for more cuts. However here is how I see it.

Where was the union you all pay so much for? Are you telling me they can't look at a financial statement and tell that there is no way for YRCW to pay its impending debt? Way are they waiting for the company to come to them vs. being proactive?

At this point I feel if this November 15th deadline is true then if you want to keep your job you'll have to vote with what they say....this time. After we stave off Chapter 11 and god forbid Chapter 7 bankruptcy then you get your damn union to do what you're paying them to do. Be proactive, threaten to shut the company down themselves if the company doesn't concede to their demands. How can a 30 year old kid with minimal college education see this when very well paid union reps can not? There I just solved the whole thing.

Are you for real? A union's job is to negotiate wages & benifits on behalf of its members not run the company.i would say your a lunatic but I dont want to repeat myself.

The more you think about it and hear from employees in different positions in the company, you realize you`ve been had by both the company and the union. Management get all their money and bonuses, the union continues to get all their dues money and the employees are the ones paying for it all and being kept in the dark about everything until it comes time for them to give more. Then both the company and union officials come to the rank and file and cry poverty in order to get more from the employees. Upper management and IBT officers fly to meetings in corporate jets or al least first class and hold these meetings at fancy resorts ,all on the dime of the working rank and file employee. If a rank and file employee wanted to live like the YRC or union officials for just one week, it would take a whole years salary to do it. Then when a YRC upper management official retires or gets fired, he gets 10s of millions of dollars in severance pay. See what you get when you retire at the age of 80 because that`s how old you`ll be to have any retirement under the present pension contributions. These exhorbitant salaries and perks may be justified for a company rolling in money, but right now that`s not YRC. YRC is operating exactly the same as Washington,DC. Take from the working man who had no part in causing the problem and enrich the leaders that created the mess we`re in. When the employees keep giving in, the leaders have no incentive to fix the problem, they just blame someone else for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you for real? A union's job is to negotiate wages & benifits on behalf of its members not run the company.i would say your a lunatic but I dont want to repeat myself.

Are you for real? How stupid could your union be to not see the writing on the wall! He'll you have two insiders on the board, do you even know what the board does? It's runs the damn company, it's responsible for for who's in charge and what they are doing.

You said it yourself. Youre a 30 year old kid and have only been here for two years. And then you have to gall to pontificate to employees who have been here since before you were born? You work in a call center which means you have taken the good paying jobs that used to be handled by people in the terminals. You say you are neither for or against the union but then call it your damn union. You want a say in this then you should sign a union card seeing as you stole a union job. Otherwise but out.

Are you for real? How stupid could your union be to not see the writing on the wall! He'll you have two insiders on the board, do you even know what the board does? It's runs the damn company, it's responsible for for who's in charge and what they are doing.

Wow!! Got some college in you That is good but when is the last time you sat in a truck ...You my friend seem clueless.. That is the problem with YRC management today... Seems if one goes to college that they know everything... The union if I remember right was upset that YRC actually tried to buy ABF... The union is not in the business of running YRC... That is why they have bonehead managers for.. If management would listen to the workers they might get somewhere... The waste in this company is beyond imaginable.. And as far as the board members go,we don't know how they vote on anything that is pertinent to running the company.. I do know one of them was getting a whole lot of money from side work due to his presence on the board.. It's ugly for both sides ...

You said it yourself. Youre a 30 year old kid and have only been here for two years. And then you have to gall to pontificate to employees who have been here since before you were born? You work in a call center which means you have taken the good paying jobs that used to be handled by people in the terminals. You say you are neither for or against the union but then call it your damn union. You want a say in this then you should sign a union card seeing as you stole a union job. Otherwise but out.

Some 30 year old kids start multi-million dollar companies and give characters like you jobs so don't be so quick to knock them. You might very well be begging them for a job if and when your NO vote prevails.

Triplex thanks for the kind words.

This will be my last post. The only reason I even found these boards is because I was hoping to find out what happened with the meeting in Dallas. My managers are not telling us anything and everyone where I work is clueless about the gravity of the situation. I do like seeing a good blindside in football so it will be interesting if all hell breaks loose should you hold to your stupidly set ideals.

I'll land on my feet because I'm not an idiot. Take control of your own destiny. Good luck to the rest of you that can see the writing on the wall sorry you've shown that you can think for yourself. I have no words for the ignorance on this board and the lack of intelligent conversations by those attacking members. I look forward to returning to these boards to gloat when either A) Everything is passed and we all still have a job. B) We file for bankruptcy and we all lose everything. Peace be with you.

Actually, when the company comes begging for something that you don't have to give them you can take the opportunity to have some say so in how the company is run. Sgt. Schultz has left a great post that you should read. Now is the time for you to make demands on how the upper managers are paid, on how you are treated as employees and anything else you can dream of that can make that a better place to be. I doubt that that thing they call our union leadership will come through for you but they should call a meeting and ask you what you want to demand in return for letting the company (I'll be polite here because it's not my company) continue to operate. I doubt that the men would stick together in the event the union made a valid attempt. But idealistically it could happen.

Some 30 year old kids start multi-million dollar companies and give characters like you jobs so don't be so quick to knock them. You might very well be begging them for a job if and when your NO vote prevails.

Maybe that same 30 year old kid will give you a job when the pension fund is gone.misery loves company don't it?some 30 yr old working I a call center has no idea what most of us already been thru with this and other companies

Maybe that same 30 year old kid will give you a job when the pension fund is gone.misery loves company don't it?some 30 yr old working I a call center has no idea what most of us already been thru with this and other companies

If the pension fund disappears some day I'll still be OK because I saved and invested for my retirement years all during my working life. I really hope you and all the others will be in as good a shape if and when it happens to you. Somehow, with the "shut them down" attitude so many have, I really wonder about that

If the pension fund disappears some day I'll still be OK because I saved and invested for my retirement years all during my working life. I really hope you and all the others will be in as good a shape if and when it happens to you. Somehow, with the "shut them down" attitude so many have, I really wonder about that

I got news for ya pal.it won't be SOMEDAY. It will be almost immediate. And I hope you will be ok too.i kind of doubt your as well off as you want us all to belive because if you weren't depending on your pension you wouldn't be on here with you end of times warnings . I'm just glad there weren't more of your types around back in the day or we wouldn't be on here now arguing about whats left of the fund.you would have already voted it away.

And another thing.i want to see this thing continue on.for ALL of us.but you seem to miss the reasons why that's not going to happen if we let the status quo continue.this current change is killing the co. But yet the delays, lost bizz & insane amounts of layover,wait times & mechanical breakdowns continue to this minute.giving up more will not cover these failures the co. Has created unless we all want to work for free.then it would be a maybe at best . seriously. ..