ODFL | 2nd Qtr out

Way to go OD. Gives our sales people lots of ammunition to work with: profitable, we won't damage your freight and we'll get it there in new efficient equipment going to and from lots of new terminals.
Why do we work here? Because we want to!
Now back to the other forums to read more about OD:)

Very impressive. Whatever you guys do it's obviously it's working great for you guys.

The local drivers had been using handhelds for several years before I left.The dock doors all had computers and so did the forklifts.Maybe using all this for at least the past 8 to 10 years has got everybody on the same page.Plus it seems the employees as a whole do more planning as they work,you know look a little beyond what's in front of them.One of the local drivers can probably explain it better than me.I did notice over the years that OD had people that could make anything work smoother than most.And smooth makes money for everybody.

Them old computer's that were on the dock when you was there Jim are history&gone..Now each forklift has a computer plus have scale's on the forklift's.Dock superviser's now carry handheld's .They are tied into the computer's.P&D are on the second round of handheld's..Getting ready to replace them with new one's prob. by first of the yr..They are trying to combine the peoplenet in the tractor's with the handheld's.I do think that is one success of the company is staying ahead of the game with technology..OD has in-house IT Department that take's care of computer's..They do there on programing,etc..They are building mobile command unit's that can be set-up when something happen's..They build all this in-house.Lastly,I think the biggest thing is there employee's.OD know's that without the employee's they would not be making the money they do...All management mostly respect the employee's&treat us like a person not a number.They are alway's pushing us for more.But,if you do your job&not screw up they leave you alone..
The local drivers had been using handhelds for several years before I left.The dock doors all had computers and so did the forklifts.Maybe using all this for at least the past 8 to 10 years has got everybody on the same page.Plus it seems the employees as a whole do more planning as they work,you know look a little beyond what's in front of them.One of the local drivers can probably explain it better than me.I did notice over the years that OD had people that could make anything work smoother than most.And smooth makes money for everybody.