ODFL | 2nd quarter numbers are here

Alright great numbers! OD will certainly pass xpo in the ltl sector as the nations second largest ltl carrier, now its time to revisit that drop and hook and fuel pay for linehaul and hourly rate for p&d drivers.

Alright great numbers! OD will certainly pass xpo in the ltl sector as the nations second largest ltl carrier, now its time to revisit that drop and hook and fuel pay for linehaul and hourly rate for p&d drivers.
We have the first wage and benefits meeting in Indy on Aug 1st so we'll find out soon enough what we're getting!

Why are people so hung up on drop&hook and fuel pay for linehaul? Keep that mileage pay moving up and dumping money in my 401k and health insurance and I’m good to go. Dropping and hooking takes 30min or less provided there no issues. Make your money moving not twirling landing gear cranks

Why are people so hung up on drop&hook and fuel pay for linehaul? Keep that mileage pay moving up and dumping money in my 401k and health insurance and I’m good to go. Dropping and hooking takes 30min or less provided there no issues. Make your money moving not twirling landing gear cranks
With that philosophy you wouldn't mind not getting paid for drop and hooks/fueling? It doesn't take me 30 minutes to drop and hook a set. I'll take an increase in pay any way they're willing to give it to us! Do the math...15 min to d/h a set=$48 an hour so increasing our accessorial pay matters! It matters alot!

Mileage goes without saying! By the way the twirling you talk about, Fedex freight is getting a half hour for a hook and half hour for a drop at 29.48 an hour that works out to 14.74 a hook in my neck of the woods. That’s regardless of trailers. On a point A to point B run and back they are making $40.00 more per day on drop hook and fuel, that works out to 200.00 a week. Not to mention they are making 5 cents more per mile. Last time I checked OD has been absolutely killing it, profit, growth, expansion, no one comes close profit margin wise, so it’s not to much to ask...

With that philosophy you wouldn't mind not getting paid for drop and hooks/fueling? It doesn't take me 30 minutes to drop and hook a set. I'll take an increase in pay any way they're willing to give it to us! Do the math...15 min to d/h a set=$48 an hour so increasing our accessorial pay matters! It matters alot!
No that philosophy doesn’t mean I wouldn’t mind not getting paid for D/H and fuel. It means I’m satisfied with the current pay for those items because you get more bang for your buck on mileage pay. Would I take a raise for it, I sure would. I believe d/h a set is 12.5 for what is a half hours worth of work if that. I’ll take better healthcare or bigger dump in my 401k before asking for more. D/h pay.

No that philosophy doesn’t mean I wouldn’t mind not getting paid for D/H and fuel. It means I’m satisfied with the current pay for those items because you get more bang for your buck on mileage pay. Would I take a raise for it, I sure would. I believe d/h a set is 12.5 for what is a half hours worth of work if that. I’ll take better healthcare or bigger dump in my 401k before asking for more. D/h pay.
Well again if it's taking 30mins to drop and hook a set then something is wrong. We're now at $16 for the set so even a 20 min drop and hook comes out to $48 an hour....that's more than your mileage pay. I'm flabbergasted at how guys just worry about mileage pay. How much are you making waiting In traffic? Waiting on freight? Waiting on a meet driver? Breakdown? I'm ecstatic they raised our drop and hook/fueling pay. My raise for the week is over $130 so I'm very happy!

How does drop and hook pay work at OD? At Estes we get $7.50 to put a set together and $7.50 to split them up. Nothing at the meet point.

Well again if it's taking 30mins to drop and hook a set then something is wrong. We're now at $16 for the set so even a 20 min drop and hook comes out to $48 an hour....that's more than your mileage pay. I'm flabbergasted at how guys just worry about mileage pay. How much are you making waiting In traffic? Waiting on freight? Waiting on a meet driver? Breakdown? I'm ecstatic they raised our drop and hook/fueling pay. My raise for the week is over $130 so I'm very happy!
I’m happy to. Your right most of us don’t take 30 min to drop and hook but most company base the pay off 30 min to do so. I’m usaually not waiting on anything except freight. Delay pay should be our clock in wage but I spend most of my time turning miles not d/h or fueling. I think we can agree to disagree and we both are happy with what we are getting.

How does drop and hook pay work at OD? At Estes we get $7.50 to put a set together and $7.50 to split them up. Nothing at the meet point.
Effective September 7th it will be $2.00 per "pin". If we hook a full set and break a full set it would be $16.00. If the destination ask us to put our rear to the dock or move it to a spot on the yard, that's another $4. We are payed $4 at a meet & turn.

Effective September 7th it will be $2.00 per "pin". If we hook a full set and break a full set it would be $16.00. If the destination ask us to put our rear to the dock or move it to a spot on the yard, that's another $4. We are payed $4 at a meet & turn.
Wow, for me it just keeps getting better. It’s expected of me to put the back box to the door. That’s twice a night. Another $8. Shh, don’t tell Billy.