ABF | 2nd Quarter Release confusion

tonkatruck1974

TB Lurker
Credits
I was reading an article where it said analysts said they were expecting at 23 cent share difference when actually it was released today it was a net loss of 62 cent loss. Bottom line, why the big difference? Is ABF really in that much trouble? Did analysts think ABF was going to turn around so much for the first quarter? The operating ratio is at 107.8!! USA truck is at 100.7. I don't know...I don't understand this crap. I guess just one day at a time...but man I wish we could see that they would start making money not losing...:maddance3:

I don't get it either. But, a $15.4 million loss in the second quarter vs. a $18.2 million loss in the first quarter sounds like an improvement to me!:Banane01: All ABF has to do is lay off 1 person in upper management and we're golden!!!!:shades:

All I can say is interesting....very interesting indeed.
Does the report other than being unable to compete in the marketplace and the current rates state why???
Read between the lines.......

All I can say is interesting....very interesting indeed.
Does the report other than being unable to compete in the marketplace and the current rates state why???
Read between the lines.......

Maybe I should work for all straight time,pay my bennies,and let them have my pension::eck13: Or Maybe you should stop stirringshit and go away troll.

It's just just posturing so they can try to get us to give back. They weren't able to in Dec., because they were still profitable, and just like magic "hey guess what guys we are lossing money can you help the company."

Hey ltl1, I do not stir the ::shit::! Fluff it up maybe......
Just like for folks to look into and investigate information they get. I worked for ABF for over 11 years......
Guys and Gals, keep your guard up. Pricing is playing into this, the market is playing into this, BUT if YRC does go BK or goes to a much leaner operation ABF stands to gain. YRC is hurting the industry right now. Hurting the IBT who is trying to save jobs but do not have many options to do so.
This whole economy and everything has transportation in a very big mess of ::shit::.
And, some folks will try and take advantage.......

I don't get it either. But, a $15.4 million loss in the second quarter vs. a $18.2 million loss in the first quarter sounds like an improvement to me!:Banane01: All ABF has to do is lay off 1 person in upper management and we're golden!!!!:shades:

ABF is not going to show any profits!! I think they need to show that their losing money so they can ask for a give back.
What better way to make money.
WHY BUY ANOTHER CO.

Problem is guys ..plain and simple...the company that is in really big trouble is cutting its rates even further to get more freight..this has crippled all negotiation..when they do exit.we'll have to clean up this huge mess

I believe ABF has better management than that-they will NOT fudge the books to make it look like they are losing money-especially to prepare for something like give backs. If they ask for givebacks it is because they are struggling or looking to keep themselves competitive. How long can ABF keep losing money...this is supposed to be their busy time right now and it is dragging...I just hope we all can weather this storm...

I How long can ABF keep losing money...this is supposed to be their busy time right now and it is dragging...I just hope we all can weather this storm...

Don't worry..be happy.

Bob Davidson said: " We HAVE the money to weather this storm"
Even if we lost 10 mill a quarter..(40 mill a year)
we could do that for the next 5 yrs..plus..based on cash on hand.
So don't get too excited if they ask for unneeded concessions at this stage..it is not that impertinent..we have some time.
But, you can't blame the company for trying.(if they do)
That's what they are supposed to do..find ways to reduce costs.
We are letting another company's horrible decisions dictate how we run ours.

Remember..yrc is causing all this..we have inflated rates because of their ridiculous rates.
So between a bad economy and stupid rates, no one is going to do well..until something goes bust.
Economist say the trucking sector is oversize.."it's due for a change) customers will not be able to enjoy these rates too much longer..and rates will get back to normal.
something with transportation or the economy will change before 5 yrs.

Just like for folks to look into and investigate information they get. I worked for ABF for over 11 years......
Guys and Gals, keep your guard up. Pricing is playing into this, the market is playing into this, BUT if YRC does go BK or goes to a much leaner operation ABF stands to gain. YRC is hurting the industry right now. Hurting the IBT who is trying to save jobs but do not have many options to do so.
This whole economy and everything has transportation in a very big mess of ::shit::.

Who do you work for?

Guys and Gals, keep your guard up. Pricing is playing into this, the market is playing into this, BUT if YRC does go BK or goes to a much leaner operation ABF stands to gain.
YRC is hurting the industry right now
. Hurting the IBT who is trying to save jobs but do not have many options to do so.

a no class remark