FedEx Freight | 2nd Round Of Furloughs...

screweddaily

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard from a Roanoke driver that they had a not posted asking for volunteers to take a furlough form Aug3 till Sept 30. No numbers given or verbal communication, just a not posted with a code to scan that takes you to a website to volunteer. Is this happening anywhere else? If so where and is there any factual details out there yet? Compensation? as far as I know the $600 unemployment bonus ending. Will people be voluntold if no one takes it?

Heard from a Roanoke driver that they had a not posted asking for volunteers to take a furlough form Aug3 till Sept 30. No numbers given or verbal communication, just a not posted with a code to scan that takes you to a website to volunteer. Is this happening anywhere else? If so where and is there any factual details out there yet? Compensation? as far as I know the $600 unemployment bonus ending. Will people be voluntold if no one takes it?
My guess is that they will take volunteers first then force ppl

Preshfited at our center today but said we are too busy to let anyone go. Everyone has been Recalled 3 weeks short of August 3rd

Horrible news although we are very busy right now. All dock workers and drivers are back at my hub and dock workers all working 8 hours for most part on the hub cycle. Although my state recently scaled back reopening process and even reclosed some businesses so in a couple days we may be slow again.

Expect $600 Federal Unemployment Checks Slashed To $400 Or Less

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shahar...cond-stimulus-check-coronavirus/#6a83e72515f5

“More people close to Senate Rs/WH are predicting the way this will work might be: (1) Cut the UI benefit to $300/$400 per week, then (2) supplement the lost income w/ another round of $1,200 checks."

Congress edges toward deal to extend federal unemployment subsidy in coronavirus bill

https://www.latimes.com/politics/st...eral-unemployment-subsidy-in-coronavirus-bill

"One possibility being considered is to cut the unemployment benefit from $600 per week to between $200 and $400 per week, and making up at least part of the difference by sending another round of $1,200 stimulus payments to some families.

Pelosi told reporters Wednesday she is open to negotiations on the $600, saying that it needs to be considered in totality alongside potential direct payments to individuals."

:popcorn:

Horrible news although we are very busy right now. All dock workers and drivers are back at my hub and dock workers all working 8 hours for most part on the hub cycle. Although my state recently scaled back reopening process and even reclosed some businesses so in a couple days we may be slow again.

Dallas has it posted for people who want to take a second furlough all they need to do is sign up.

Haven’t heard of anymore in Chicagoland area. If they are, they really over hired or are losing a lot of customers. Estes, UPS, OD, ABF, YRC are all hiring. ABF is even hiring guys for the driver development program.

Not YET where I am but you might as well call these layoffs. No one will take a furlough with the extra gov gift not attached you can bet that. Picture is pretty clear that massive shutdowns are in the future in most places.

Call it what you want but I’d like to know how anyone thinks the spread of this is going to stop? We already know what happened a few months ago. I’d call it being a realist.
Rhetorical Question

A rhetorical question is one for which the questioner does not expect a direct answer: in many cases it may be intended to start a discourse, or as a means of putting across the speaker's or author's opinion on a topic.

At this point they should just bring CC days back to the terminals that are borderline of needing or not needing furloughs especially since a lot will not volunteer this round due to the Government decision not coming in on time

Haven’t heard of anymore in Chicagoland area. If they are, they really over hired or are losing a lot of customers. Estes, UPS, OD, ABF, YRC are all hiring. ABF is even hiring guys for the driver development program.
AUR is offering 3 city drivers to take the second furlough. Although they won't admit it, they over hired last year. We have 7 more drivers then we have ever had and the work just isn't there.

AND still run purchase! It showes you the people you work for! Can look their employees in the face and say the need another furlough and run purchase daily! In some centers adding more purchase!

FRAUD!!!!!!
The FRAUD is when a company asks or forces employees to sit at home unpaid and then gives out a 500K bonus.....really. All the lower level mgmt should be pissed

The FRAUD is when a company asks or forces employees to sit at home unpaid and then gives out a 500K bonus.....really. All the lower level mgmt should be pissed
Also FRAUD is telling the American taxpayers you don't have work for drivers and put them on unemployment! Then run contractors down the road! I can't believe this doesn't upset more people than it does!

Meh he should have got a bigger bonus, he has managed to keep all the minions happy. Lol