FedEx Freight | 3/14/08 Fedex Nat.Fatal

Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends.

I did not know this driver but I was told that he was with the company for a long time and was getting ready to retire within a couple months. It is sad to see that something this tragic can happen.

terry

Does anybody know this guys last name?

His name is Terry Ingram. He and his wife just bought a new home and were in the process of moving in. His wife Linda was shopping for new curtains and rugs and things and didn't get the news until 7pm friday evening, 16 hours after it happened. He was pulling a 40,000 lbs. trailer with a single axle tractor and couldn't stop when traffic slowed in front of him. he will be missed by all that knew him.

His name is Terry Ingram. He and his wife just bought a new home and were in the process of moving in. His wife Linda was shopping for new curtains and rugs and things and didn't get the news until 7pm friday evening, 16 hours after it happened. He was pulling a 40,000 lbs. trailer with a single axle tractor and couldn't stop when traffic slowed in front of him. he will be missed by all that knew him.

Thanks for the info, God Bless her

My condolences to his family..
Alot of us here on TB are drivers and there is a comradry that comes with this trucking life it's always sad to hear of a lost driver.Kinda wakes you up to your own mortality..God Bless and be with that family in thier time of need.

Aside from the tragedy of this man losing his life,this is probably a huge fine and lawsuit against National..40K with a single axle????

I have to say this brought a tear to my eyes just thinking of my wife getting news like that. I geuss over the years I have forgotten that each time I walk out of the house could be the last time!
We all get in a hurry wanting to get home to our family after a long week and all it takes is a split second to make the difference between being 15 minutes late or 6 feet under. My best to you friends and family of this driver.:1036316054:

you can not get a single axle with a 40,000 van behind it to legally scale the drive axle..... still feel for his family and friends god bless an give you strength.

Folks lets use this thread to express our condolences to our fellow drivers family, please start a new thread if you want to discuss specifics on the cause

I've never had a problem stopping when traffic slows in front of me. And I've been truckin' for over 10 years.

Well good for you. My thoughts and prayers to this man's family. God speed. Please don't get into what I could do or what he might have done. Just say a prayer for him and now the famliy he left behind and pray to God it never happens to you