FedEx Freight | 3 AXLE 53 ft. TRAILERS in Chicago Heights, Illinois

POPCORN

TB Regular
Credits
Has anyone seen the 20 or so trailers that have been through their metamorphosis since they have arrived at CGT? They are parked out behind the shop. The trailers arrived with a plain white color theme. Just 20 Generic looking 53 foot Semi Trailers. And I see that they are all painted and striped with 2 other companies(PREMIER and BAXTER) Logos and details. What is this? And why would Fedex allow foreign equipment to be detailed and warehoused at their facility?

The decals have been applied and the 3 axle 53 foot trailers are ready for use. I have a few ??? but to keep it simple... Is this part of the Obama-Lahood initiative to take more trucks off the road,(since this configuration is the one favored to haul 96,000 lbs)? Or is this the place that you can see the future from? I don't know or even care anymore I just wonder if this is happening in other parts of the country or just the Freight Capital of the USA? Your thoughts are welcome if you have seen these trailers.

Maybe as part of a deal to secure large volumes of freight Fedex agrees to sticker some equipment for the customer.

We have several blank trailers in KC, with the exception of some FXFZ markings on them. All 53 footers with AeroSkirts under them.

roog

I cant see a third axle.

Those are different trailers than what the thread is about. The trailers in (CGT) Chicago Heights say Bessner on the sides and have three axles on them and have pintle hooks on the back. There is some more trailers at CGT with another companies name on the sides, but I cant remember the name on the side right now.

I think they are the new trap trailers for all the returned freight. My bet is they have something to do with Canada.

Those are different trailers than what the thread is about. The trailers in (CGT) Chicago Heights say Bessner on the sides and have three axles on them and have pintle hooks on the back. There is some more trailers at CGT with another companies name on the sides, but I cant remember the name on the side right now.

The other 53 ft. trailers have the PREMIER TRANSPORTATION logo on them now. And they all have the FXFZ call#"s on them this is for rail transit. Does anyone else think that Road Drivers are being outsourced? I am sure a real smart fella will tell me I will be getting a better bonus next year, because I am high enough on the board to withstand a 50% cut in the Road Board. How is this good for us? Oh by the way what is cdljobs.com? Just click on a state in my case (Illinois) and click thru to page 2 or 3 and see the jobs for Fedex Freight... the ad reads like pull Fedex equipment between centers or between meet points. All you need is Doubles - triples and Hazmat endorsements. This should scare all of us! The Rail and other trucking companies hiring drivers to haul Fedex Freight.

Maybe they are setting up for TurnPike doubles, as you guys are doing in Fl on the turnpike.:shift: