XPO | 3 axle only on donner summit

brutus61

TB Lurker
Credits
according to rumor and the CHP hERE IN CA the only trucks allowed on DONNER SUMMIT in the winter time are 3 axle tractors , good hope its true , cause i have pulled that crappy hill with chains and all and its no good 6% grade downhill in the damn winter snowing so bad you could not see 3 feet in front of you ice so thick ,thats a bad mountian pass during the winter but its the main way to nevada and yes its I 80 eastbound , well see if thats true but knowing conway reno has most of the 3 axle rigs and USA HAS NONE , hmm URE I SEE YA COMING OVER :Banane01: NO SISSY FAIR WEATHER DRIVER HERE , I HAVE DROVE JUST ABOUT EVERYWHERE HERE IN CA, AND GA AND OR, AND IDAHO AND NEV, JUST blowin some steam off

The hills in Pennsylvainia are no dream trip with our single axle's...I wouldn't even want to think about Donner's Pass with 'em. My philosophy: If you need chains, the road is closed.

The single screws are horrible in the winter. We run teams out there all winterwe try to avoid Donner by running a siouthern route from Chicago, but there's no getting around the Cabbage or Snoqualmie and 4th of July pass going to Portland or Seattle. The thing is the sleppers aare too long to pull triples so i wish they would buy twins.

Brutus61 is right, ure has ONLY three 3-axels, we could use about ten more, seven for rest of the sac and oakland runs and three for the carlin(ucm) turns, running all nite in whiteout conditions for 400 to 500 miles sometimes with triples is not fun at all

doug890 said:
Brutus61 is right, ure has ONLY three 3-axels, we could use about ten more, seven for rest of the sac and oakland runs and three for the carlin(ucm) turns, running all nite in whiteout conditions for 400 to 500 miles sometimes with triples is not fun at all
Hey Doug . Just wondering if you post a picture of that. Would be interesting to see

you mean a picture of the snowstorm from the cab, that would be interesting. it would be better pic if taken during daylight hours, be worth a try

yo....

don't you guys have locking differentials on your single axles??????

with a twin screw with the power divider lock engaged and both wheels on the same side spin you're screwed anyway....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; i'm so glad we don't get snow in tennessee........

Roadeo said:
Doug... Dont have to be a snow storm. Would just like to see a set of triples with a 3-axle
well if we get more 3-axels trks i would, they like to keep them trks for donner pass, the meets we pull triples is orvada nv uov, carlin nv ucm and tonopah nv utp