Estes | 3 days off

mildew

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Be sure and check the numbers on the trailers you pull. We had 3 guys get a vacation over one wrong digit. No body caught it and they gave 3 days off to the yard jockey and both drivers at each end. Everyone is pointing fingers at the yard man but all we have to do is make sure everything is in check. Those yard guys hook at least 40 sets a day and they will make mistakes. Look at the numbers and check those pins. You need a light. Tractor supply has a little led light for $3 that's bright enough to shine up in there and see if the arm is locked securely. Lose a trailer you will more than likely lose your job.

I HAVE to match 5 numbers to my paperwork before I leave the yard. 2 trailer numbers, 2 seal numbers, 1 dolly number. When a driver pulls a wrong trailer it also says he probably didn't do a very good pretrip either. It also doesn't hurt to take a look into any emptys you're going to pull either. .

BuzzBeez said:
I HAVE to match 5 numbers to my paperwork before I leave the yard. 2 trailer numbers, 2 seal numbers, 1 dolly number. When a driver pulls a wrong trailer it also says he probably didn't do a very good pretrip either. It also doesn't hurt to take a look into any emptys you're going to pull either. .

What about the power unit?

I was on the way to 001 last week covering a schedule and saw the guy that lost his tail pup on 95 (VA). It was laying in the shoulder by a rest area and he was up a bit further ahead. He was talking to a state trooper and his dolly was still attached to the lead. Guess thats what the mandatory safety meetings are about. That's a 5 day suspension pending investigation. If it's the driver's fault, your history.

A friend of mine lost his rear pup coming out of Owensboro. He heard air leaking and looked back and noticed one pup behind him. He turned around and his pup was standing in the highway with blue lights behind it. He rehooked and the officer told him to have a nice day. The pup was emtpy ofcorse

A driver lost his pup last week after stopping at a truckstop in Florida. He started in Atlanta. All this recent pup losing stuff is making me think we may have a serial pin puller on the loose.

Its a good idea to take a walk around after leaving the truck parked for a little while just to make sure everything is still the way you left it. You know that saying: "trust but verify".

mildew said:
A driver lost his pup last week after stopping at a truckstop in Florida. He started in Atlanta. All this recent pup losing stuff is making me think we may have a serial pin puller on the loose.

You guys do own a bunch of land ,,, just sayin

we may have found our serial pin puller. supposedly yesterday in the bluegrass a yrc driver walked over and pulled the pin on the rear pup of one of our drivers at a flying j travel plaza,. an argument broke out and the police had to break it up.

witnesses say, the yrc driver got out of his truck and walked over and pulled the pin while the Estes driver was inside the truck stop. Fortunately the big E driver saw the pup come loose before it hit the ground. another driver saw the yrc driver reach up under there and let our guy know what he seen then the argument broke out.

Last edited by a moderator:
we may have found our serial pin puller. supposedly yesterday in the bluegrass a yrc driver walked over and pulled the pin on the rear pup of one of our drivers at a flying j travel plaza,. an argument broke out and the police had to break it up.

witnesses say, the yrc driver got out of his truck and walked over and pulled the pin while the Estes driver was inside the truck stop. Fortunately the big E driver saw the pup come loose before it hit the ground. another driver saw the yrc driver reach up under there and let our guy know what he seen then the argument broke out.

What happened to the gold old days when we were called the highway knights ? Drivers would go out their way to help one another ? Everyone stuck together for a purpose,now look at the way things are getting, with this everyone for themselves attitude. This steering wheel holder should look in the mirror, and he would see what the problems of this industry are being created by ! SAD DAY TO HEAR THIS HAPPENING, HOPE YOU GOT YOUR PROBLEMS SOLVED BY DOING THIS ACTION, STEERING WHEEL HOLDER !

what a liar.......if you dont have better fact than this ,you know its a lie,a name and a police report would make your story a little more believable.....you should of started your story with, no **** this is what happened

what a liar.......if you dont have better fact than this ,you know its a lie,a name and a police report would make your story a little more believable.....you should of started your story with, no **** this is what happened

He said supposelly clydesdale, why wouldn't a YRC driver be capable of this? People are bad all over, hell a fedex dock worker did it to me because he didn't like me...Its hearsay and Mildew made that clear with the magic work "supposedly", some of my Sysco Brothers are capable of the very same thing, working for a certian company doesn't automaticly disqualify one from being a dirt bag.

I work for UPSF. I check my pins and pintle every time I am out of the truck before it moves again. That goes for our own secure yard as well as a truck stop. A few seconds can save a person a big headache, or worse.