3 hour early call for city work.

Discussion in 'Holland' started by Griz, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

Management just discovered (he-he) they can give a shift a 3 hour early call. In hour local that means you get OT on the front end. Well for the last 10 years it’s been 2 hours. Actually we have had bids taken down because they tried to make an entire shift come in 3 hours early on Monday. Only answer I get here is there is a 3 hour force on the end of shift.

2. wongway

wongway -15% Pay , Never forget

Forced O.T. is out of control and IF IF IF they really wanted to MOVE freight they would TURN UP THE TRUCKS !!! HELLO !!

Rodeo and Philoe Beddoe like this.
  3. Philoe Beddoe

Philoe Beddoe Active Member

They are gonna save turning the trucks up until 2019 as a carrot, to get certain members to sign a :shit: pile contract.

Keepingon and wongway like this.
  4. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

Want to save your union jobs at Holland? Tell every xpo driver you come across to vote the union in. Do the job Hoffa is too lazy to do

5. Philoe Beddoe

If most were honest with themselves, they would have a hard time coming up with reasons as to why they are paying Teamster dues, much less coming up with reasons to get XPO drivers to join.

sedain likes this.
  6. Philoe Beddoe

I know the truth hurts, but making believe the Teamster leadership is for us, and working for us, is only fantasy.

Getoverit and Songremainsthesame like this.
  7. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

‍♂️

8. wongway

Think about this , is working 60 plus hours a week healthy for you or benefits the company more and will they put that on your tombstone great guy but worked himself to death .[​IMG]

9. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Not to get off the topic of the thread. This might be a little lengthy so I’ll try to keep it short.

The lady next door to me is 87 years old and the best neighbor you could ask for, she lost her husband 22 years ago he was a retired teamster. She had a salesman come to look into a stairlift and asked me to come over so he didn’t try to take advantage of her. He wanted $12,000 for two lifts. When he left she said she wasn’t going to buy from him because she didn’t like him, she told me she could afford the monthly payments
    Because she gets her husbands teamster pension and she’s lived ok off it after losing him and how greatful she was that her husband looked out for her.

If we could still say that about the teamster pension funds non union guys would be lined up to sign on.

By the way I found her two used lifts for $1500 that my son helped me install, they work fine and she’s happy as could be.

10. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

Have we been on topic yet?
    There’s only one topic these days. Pay the rate or lock the gate.

11. Philoe Beddoe

That's Right, pay the rate or lock the gate. It's pretty simple, and why should we accept less than our non Union brothers. Get a list of all non Union LTL carrier's that make more than we do, send it to jr's office, and tell him to do his job. He works for us.

wongway, buffalobill and Keepingon like this.
  12. Volnuck1

Volnuck1 Member

Great heart Brother. That is what being a Teamster and just a Godly man in general is all about. OBEDIENCE!!

13. wongway

Nice story and not disrespecting the story or anybody in it , but the story for driver's retiring now or in the future years in will it in a SAD ending with the fund going BROKE in 2025 , so NO surviving wives or driver's will have Happy ending !

14. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

It’s a sad truth Wong. Hopefully by some miracle it improves.

Philoe Beddoe likes this.
  15. Philoe Beddoe

Tell it like it is wongway. Nobody wants to hear it. It's like looking at a gangrene limb and pretending it's not there. Hoffa and every pro Hoffa supporter at the local level are responsible.

LTLIndentured and Getoverit like this.