3 hour road test for job

A three hour road test? I can't help you on that one, never heard of such a thing. They should be able to tell within a few minutes if you can driver or not but if you're capable I wouldn't sweat it. What are your credentials?

A three hour road test? I can't help you on that one, never heard of such a thing. They should be able to tell within a few minutes if you can driver or not but if you're capable I wouldn't sweat it. What are your credentials?
Class a cdl all endorsements. No experience other then school.

Class cdl all endorsements but no experience other then schooling if you want to count that

Class cdl all endorsements but no experience other then schooling if you want to count that
depends on the employer frankly. they may want you to demonstrate EVERYTHING you learnt in school.

but typically, a 25 mile road test (about 30 minutes) then maybe a backing into a dock. so the A-Typical "road test" should be all of 1 hour....

now if they make you go out on deliveries (this actually happened to me) , i said right out (i was much older than you i suspect)..i said.."if i gotta do a run, then i am hired and if you don;t pay me, i will sue your ass"....

i went around the block, backed into a dock, passed the test, but i declined the job, cuz the mere fact they were gonna try and get free work outta me spoke volumes of trying to get any monies due me like for OT....

School and no experience, you might be nervous then but it still shouldn't take that long. I don't know, maybe they will have you go out with a 53' trailer for a bit then go back and hook up a set and take it for a ride. Let us know how it goes and how you do. Good luck with it.

School and no experience, you might be nervous then but it still shouldn't take that long. I don't know, maybe they will have you go out with a 53' trailer for a bit then go back and hook up a set and take it for a ride. Let us know how it goes and how you do. Good luck with it.
Thanx

Well. ... I had the same experience. ... the company I was applying at had a list of pickups to do.... all day excursion. ... I told them I would be happy to do their road test for 30 dollars an hour. ... they declined

Just the fact that they would try that is a bad sign, like pro1driver said. It might be fun to take the 'test' then call the Department of Labor and Industry and tell them about it.

Just the fact that they would try that is a bad sign, like pro1driver said. It might be fun to take the 'test' then call the Department of Labor and Industry and tell them about it.
As it turns out. .... this company is no longer in business. ..lol... run... unless you have nothing else to do. ..

I just need a job lol I have a interview first then road test so I should be able to tell what's up hopefully.

Good luck with it Willy, we've all needed a job at some time in our lives. Can't help you with the 3 hour road test, certainly wasn't the norm the last time I took a road test, but that was decades ago.

GREETINGS Wildwilly,

Interesting.
Sounds like the Gilligan's Island intro a 3 hour tour.....
Seems there would be much city and highway driving with simple yet surprising right and left turns as well possibly backing to random tight and small docks (like food delivery).
Depending on the State such route operation/overview could be a scream.
Last road test i did was 3/4 hour
CHEERS!!

GREETINGS Wildwilly,

Interesting.
Sounds like the Gilligan's Island intro a 3 hour tour.....
Seems there would be much city and highway driving with simple yet surprising right and left turns as well possibly backing to random tight and small docks (like food delivery).
Depending on the State such route operation/overview could be a scream.
Last road test i did was 3/4 hour
CHEERS!!
Last road test I took, the guy told me to back into that dock in the right. I blindsided it around the truck sitting in the next dock. My driving test was over.