Holland | 3 million miles........Amazing.

I had a genius pull off the shoulder last week (tractor trailer) in front of me..wouldn't have been so bad if he'd have stayed in the right lane but, he swung out into the left lane to go around the truck that was also parked on the shoulder in front of him. I had to hit the grass with my left side tires...these are the kind of fools out there now..every night ya see a new level of stupidity
But, but, but, they didn't cover common sense in the 3 day driving school.

I learned to drive a truck as a young kid from my Dad and his company drivers. I pulled a set of doubles (gravel train) for two months illegally, while waiting to turn 18. I learned from people who were good drivers, and had been around a while. I don't know what kind of training the driving school instructors have, but it makes me question the trainers skills when I see these guys graduate the driving schools, but suck at driving. I don't know how many times I've sat back and laughed at some of these "graduates" who can't even back up. And here I've always thought that backing up was part of driving......especially in the trucking industry. I guess not.....what was I thinking?
:regretful:

I learned to drive a truck as a young kid from my Dad and his company drivers. I pulled a set of doubles (gravel train) for two months illegally, while waiting to turn 18. I learned from people who were good drivers, and had been around a while. I don't know what kind of training the driving school instructors have, but it makes me question the trainers skills when I see these guys graduate the driving schools, but suck at driving. I don't know how many times I've sat back and laughed at some of these "graduates" who can't even back up. And here I've always thought that backing up was part of driving......especially in the trucking industry. I guess not.....what was I thinking?
:regretful:
Unfortunately, truck driving schools are not regulated in any way. Some, you fork over some cash and walk away with a license with 0 cab time. Others offer thorough 3 month courses with a majority of time spent in the cab driving.

Who're you gonna notice out on the road? Not the guy who learned properly, that's for sure!

With all due respect for your total of accident free miles, bfalls, a company can't give you credit for miles while you were at other carriers.

Respectfully, Flash, I started with YFS in 1985 left in 1987 for Crown. Preston was bought by YFS in 1992 the same year I hired in there, Roadway was bought in 2003 (hired 1999 from Preston) and Holland in 2005 (Hired in 2010, and still a laid off YRC employee). Since this is the SAME CORPORATION that I have worked for over these years, I think that my accomplishments should be recognized, since we are all now just one big happy family. It's called corporate acquisitions and your accomplishments should follow. And, according to the International Brotherhood of Gangsters, it's all recorded time toward retirement. I'll gladly accept my 2 Million mile jacket until 2018 when I will have attained my 3 Million mile mark with this fine operation. Oh, and I forgot to add that since most of these YRC miles were accumilated in a sleeper operation, maybe, if they wanted to be really fair, they would award me the other 1 Million miles that I attained by sleeping in the bunk of bouncing sleeper being operated by my 1 Million mile driver/partner.........and surviving........

Respectfully, Flash, I started with YFS in 1985 left in 1987 for Crown. Preston was bought by YFS in 1992 the same year I hired in there, Roadway was bought in 2003 (hired 1999 from Preston) and Holland in 2005 (Hired in 2010, and still a laid off YRC employee). Since this is the SAME CORPORATION that I have worked for over these years, I think that my accomplishments should be recognized, since we are all now just one big happy family. It's called corporate acquisitions and your accomplishments should follow. And, according to the International Brotherhood of Gangsters, it's all recorded time toward retirement. I'll gladly accept my 2 Million mile jacket until 2018 when I will have attained my 3 Million mile mark with this fine operation. Oh, and I forgot to add that since most of these YRC miles were accumilated in a sleeper operation, maybe, if they wanted to be really fair, they would award me the other 1 Million miles that I attained by sleeping in the bunk of bouncing sleeper being operated by my 1 Million mile driver/partner.........and surviving........
We are only the same corporation when the yellow anchor needs cash.

bfalls,
Congrats on all of those safe driving miles, but since I cannot get you the jacket that you deserve, will you accept my gently used, Holland fleece pullover that I had worn to work for about ten years?lol

bfalls,
Congrats on all of those safe driving miles, but since I cannot get you the jacket that you deserve, will you accept my gently used, Holland fleece pullover that I had worn to work for about ten years?lol

LOL, Sure....I'll proudly wear it in "Northern Flash" style..