XPO | 3 more sc's sign up

Real easy for you to say that... The fact is its a highly stressful job that is not easy... If you have ever been a dispatcher you would know that... Oh... Let me guess... You have.

i got a funny feeling you were walked out because of the harassment you tried to brag about. im going to guess someone called you on it, and the next thing you know, you got told to put your **** in a box, after that were walking to your car and your never coming back. it would also explain your disdain for guys who are pro union on this board.....

We all have rights. Not just you or the union or the people that you agree with.

All of us have rights. I have the right not to deal with a union.

Here I thought you would support him coming to a union shop and strengthening your brotherhood.

you have the righg to go to a non union shop with no organizing talk going on. everyone in america can join a union, if your company gets one vote in, no one is forcing you to stay.

OK... If you say so... Personally I don't believe you... Most dispatchers are pretty good guys.
I think they are great! Their stupidity + time and a half after 8 = a fatter wallet in my pocket. Dispatchers and weatherman, the only profession where you can screw up every day and still keep your job.

Well hammer u can kick ass every day and they can fire after one of those days. Do u realize that,or r u one of those who it will never happen to? Lol they don't need an excuse
Of course I know, I work in an "at will" state, but that's not going to stop me from bringing my best game every work day.

will you please explain why you dont think he is allowed to excercise his rights. he doesnt need to tuck tail and run, jus because thats what YOU approve of....
No one is denying a man's right to organize,support, or join a union, but for employees who do not want to unionize, it's also their right to fight for the status quo.

No one is denying a man's right to organize,support, or join a union, but for employees who do not want to unionize, it's also their right to fight for the status quo.

I guess all these union loud mouths should have tried harder on the FedEx pages. 57-46 against. Vote failed.

I think they are great! Their stupidity + time and a half after 8 = a fatter wallet in my pocket. Dispatchers and weatherman, the only profession where you can screw up every day and still keep your job.
Good dispatchers like drivers are hard to find...It always easy to be a backseat dispatcher...To be critical and question their moves....Most couldn't last a minute in the hot seat....Try sitting in the hot seat with 5-10 drivers or more short....Vacations ....Sick....Jury duty....Injury.. Breakdowns...Plus usually dispatchers are always under staffed anyway...... Everyday the lines stay lit up and customers holding....Drivers rambling why they can't do something...The TM breathing down your neck....Salesman wanting to know where that hot shipment is...Customers complaining that their drivers where rude...Drivers riding the clock even after we tell them to call us with delays....(waiting on a door..ie) These are just a few things dispatchers deal with everyday...It's so easy to call them stupid YRC....The fact is most couldn't last a minute in a big terminal with 60+ P&D drivers...You must be a multi-tasker big time with a great system in place....I worked with two other dispatchers and even then we struggled at times....It's always so easy to second guess...Driving is a walk in the park compared to dispatch....That's why I drive today.....But stupid is not what a good dispatcher is...It's quite the opposite

Last edited by a moderator:
Good dispatchers like drivers are hard to find...It always easy to be a backseat dispatcher...To be critical and question their moves....Most couldn't last a minute in the hot seat....Try sitting in the hot seat with 5-10 drivers or more short....Vacations ....Sick....Jury duty....Injury.. Breakdowns...Plus usually dispatchers are always under staffed anyway...... Everyday the lines stay lit up and customers holding....Drivers rambling why they can't do something...The TM breathing down your neck....Salesman wanting to know where that hot shipment is...Customers complaining that their drivers where rude...Drivers riding the clock even after we tell them to call us with delays....(waiting on a door..ie) These are just a few things dispatchers deal with everyday...It's so easy to call them stupid YRC....The fact is most couldn't last a minute in a big terminal with 60+ P&D drivers...You must be a multi-tasker big time with a great system in place....I worked with two other dispatchers and even then we struggled at times....It's always so easy to second guess...Driving is a walk in the park compared to dispatch....That's why I drive today.....But stupid is not what a good dispatcher is...It's quite the opposite
Ya its a walk in the park , you live in Dallas correct? not much snow in that part of the country not to mention you can go to prison for manslaughter if you accidentally kill someone ,plus all the hoops you have to jump through to have a cdl anymore.

Exactly right. Without dispatches " mistakes " I would be short quite a few dollars.

It would be nice to have some non-conflicted recourse available against those that are not pretty good guys.

Oh, most union members are pretty good guys

If a dispatcher is that bad, the drivers will all magnify the problems. Miss deliveries and pick ups. And make sure management knows it was all the dispatchers fault.

The same way we all know our customers and how to get the freight off. We also know when our customers won't be there. And which ones aren't sitting by the door waiting on it.

Any driver with his little pea brain can make life completely impossible for a dispatcher. Have the phone ringing off the hook with customers complaining. Anger enough drivers and you won't be dispatching any more.

Ya its a walk in the park , you live in Dallas correct? not much snow in that part of the country not to mention you can go to prison for manslaughter if you accidentally kill someone ,plus all the hoops you have to jump through to have a cdl anymore.
That's not on the dispatcher...That's on you.....If its unsafe our dispatchers say don't do it....If your stupid enough to do it anyway....that's not his fault....Look my point is this....Try not to call a man stupid until you walk a mile in his shoes.....Dispatchers have mouths to feed too....And surely no matter which side of the fence your on (union) you want your terminal to make money (stops per hour..ie) and the dispatcher plays a big part in that.....I would like to think you would work with him....Not against him....After all you both work for the same company...... REGARDLESS of any differences.

That's not on the dispatcher...That's on you.....If its unsafe our dispatchers say don't do it....If your stupid enough to do it anyway....that's not his fault....Look my point is this....Try not to call a man stupid until you walk a mile in his shoes.....Dispatchers have mouths to feed too....And surely no matter which side of the fence your on (union) you want your terminal to make money (stops per hour..ie) and the dispatcher plays a big part in that.....I would like to think you would work with him....Not against him....After all you both work for the same company...... REGARDLESS of any differences.
My dispatcher as a friend is great, as a dispatcher no so good. If he had to pay the fuel bill on wasted miles he would owe them a ton of money....

And I get to socialize with my fellow drivers who are also at the same stop. Or next door.
That happens everywhere....You have to saturate certain areas to some degree...You never know when a guy will fill up with unexpected added shipments...You have to mindful of getting caught with your pants down.