XPO | 3 more sc's sign up

If your job was so wonderful and life was fulfilled, you would not be here bashing us con-peoples.. I never go to other people's boards..and btw, those were facts that I stated.

I did not bash anyone until he started on me. I was having an opinion, which we all are allowed and he had no argument or rebuttal. He could only throw crap out there. The Conway organizing campaign is a big deal for everybody in the industry whether you like it or not or whether you agree with that our not. This campaign effects our industry and me personally so I have a vested interest in what happens. I'm sorry if you disagree but it is not about you, me or them. It is about us, as freight industry workers.

Wow you sound like an unhappy employee. Maybe you should look for a new job?
I like your answer "lost in the northwest"
People cry complain about what Conway did and still manage to stick around. If I was a miserable **** I would go look else where. But they don't. Complain about how they took pay away but then gave it back and even a raise and now the raise isn't enough. Conway don't have to give u crap but people are just ungratful

If your job was so wonderful and life was fulfilled, you would not be here bashing us con-peoples.. I never go to other people's boards..and btw, those were facts that I stated.
You were on the ABF board several times....

I did not bash anyone until he started on me. I was having an opinion, which we all are allowed and he had no argument or rebuttal. He could only throw crap out there. The Conway organizing campaign is a big deal for everybody in the industry whether you like it or not or whether you agree with that our not. This campaign effects our industry and me personally so I have a vested interest in what happens. I'm sorry if you disagree but it is not about you, me or them. It is about us, as freight industry workers.
Opinions & debate are not allowed here, unless you happen to agree with the select few on here....

People cry complain about what Conway did and still manage to stick around. If I was a miserable **** I would go look else where. But they don't. Complain about how they took pay away but then gave it back and even a raise and now the raise isn't enough. Conway don't have to give u crap but people are just ungratful

Why should anyone that has been with a company for a while, especially 10 or more years, flush that all down the toilet and start over because the company can't do the right thing and compensate them fairly? What if Conway never took anything away from you guys and you got raises once a year for the last few years? Would that change the scenario? What if they treated you drivers like human beings and respected what you actually do for them on a daily basis? What if they stopped bringing in people with a heartbeat and a clean license instead of hiring any old idiot off the street because they are desperate? It is easy for people like you that think they are happy to point the finger at others who aren't. If they are unhappy that does not mean they are ungrateful. If the vast majority are unhappy, then the company should listen and attempt to make it right, not keep crapping on them and saying if you don't like it, move on. You may not want union representation. Fine, no problem. But i'll bet more of your fellow Conway employees do. Somebody posted either here or in the Fedex forum about when the majority of trucking companies were union and how great the job of driving a truck was. Today, not so. The pendulum needs to shift back to the union side of things. It is 2014. Life is only going to get harder, not easier. All of these trucking companies make fortune off of our backs, off of our hard work, off of the stress and BS we put up with on a day to day basis. Enough is a enough already. For being employed in one of the most dangerous jobs a person could have, the total compensation package for it does not reflect it. Let's fix that. Why don't young 20 somethings want to get into this field? For the very reasons we cite here as to why we are unhappy. Not to mention they want instant gratification and senior status immediately. The driver shortage that looms now will get worse. If companies do not learn to take care of their current employees, the vicious cycle of hire, quit/fire, rehire will never end, all while customer service suffers.

What the companies have done to the trade is turned it into NFI/McDonald's everywhete. The union didnt do that for the company side has had all power since deregulagion in 1980. NFI and McDonalds have a whole new seniority list every couple years. Just a paycheck.
No stability. NFI has advertised on the biggest rock radio stations in Philly for years now. Why?
because nobody stays. They just want warm bodies or guys whose wives pay the bills. Like a PT job living at home and somebody else paying the bills. This job should be good enough to never want to leave. Pay to buy homes and raise a family and pay vacations with cash not credit.
Ya have 2 political power forces here.
The banks/Wall st.
Or the unions /workers.
The banks have had the ball for tooooooo long.
Its our turn.
Get in the game.
The banks get their money from the govt.
We get ours from tangible work.
If you dont get in the union ya work for the banks.
Who's keepin pay low?
The banks who loaned YRC all their money.
They wrote the last MOU we voted on

Why should anyone that has been with a company for a while, especially 10 or more years, flush that all down the toilet and start over because the company can't do the right thing and compensate them fairly? What if Conway never took anything away from you guys and you got raises once a year for the last few years? Would that change the scenario? What if they treated you drivers like human beings and respected what you actually do for them on a daily basis? What if they stopped bringing in people with a heartbeat and a clean license instead of hiring any old idiot off the street because they are desperate? It is easy for people like you that think they are happy to point the finger at others who aren't. If they are unhappy that does not mean they are ungrateful. If the vast majority are unhappy, then the company should listen and attempt to make it right, not keep crapping on them and saying if you don't like it, move on. You may not want union representation. Fine, no problem. But i'll bet more of your fellow Conway employees do. Somebody posted either here or in the Fedex forum about when the majority of trucking companies were union and how great the job of driving a truck was. Today, not so. The pendulum needs to shift back to the union side of things. It is 2014. Life is only going to get harder, not easier. All of these trucking companies make fortune off of our backs, off of our hard work, off of the stress and BS we put up with on a day to day basis. Enough is a enough already. For being employed in one of the most dangerous jobs a person could have, the total compensation package for it does not reflect it. Let's fix that. Why don't young 20 somethings want to get into this field? For the very reasons we cite here as to why we are unhappy. Not to mention they want instant gratification and senior status immediately. The driver shortage that looms now will get worse. If companies do not learn to take care of their current employees, the vicious cycle of hire, quit/fire, rehire will never end, all while customer service suffers.

I just got an 8% raise. You seem to be the one suffering. We don't need a union. It will only drive business away, it will change nothing for the employees.

I'm a freight industry worker and make good money. If they were to change the way we are able to make money, then a lot of us couldn't make what we do. And you folks are messing with a perfectly good, profit strong company that can be here to pay me for many years to come. You guys want to drag us down to your level and ruin a company. That effects me. I hope conway drags this out in court for a long time.

You guys could atleast wait til we get our bonus checks in February before starting this crap.

2 Things:

Most of us like the one board seniority system.

Most of us like driving new trucks with the xm radio.

And if you don't drive a new truck or cant get a good run, a contract aint gonna change that..only make it worse.

I should've added you to the list of 10

I'm a freight industry worker and make good money. If they were to change the way we are able to make money, then a lot of us couldn't make what we do. And you folks are messing with a perfectly good, profit strong company that can be here to pay me for many years to come. You guys want to drag us down to your level and ruin a company. That effects me. I hope conway drags this out in court for a long time.

You guys could atleast wait til we get our bonus checks in February before starting this crap.

2 Things:

And if you don't drive a new truck or cant get a good run, a contract aint gonna change that..only make it worse.
Where do you come up with this crap?

I just got an 8% raise. You seem to be the one suffering. We don't need a union. It will only drive business away, it will change nothing for the employees.

I'm not suffering at all. I have awesome company paid benefits, I make good money despite a concession, and I don't put up with any BS because they treat us like human beings. Should something come about, I have a voice and union backup to to stand up for me. Nope driver, not suffering at all. I am pretty sure you got your 8% because of the threat of the union coming in, just like Fedex got one. Enjoy your raise.

2 Things:

I think that was 4 things.
First of all who said anything about changing the seniority boards?
Who said anything about not driving the same truck with XM?
And yes a contract won't change the fact that if you don't have the seniority you won't drive new equipment and get good runs.

But i see this is all about YOU! We won't wait till February just because it's you who brought up the bonus! :LMAO:

2 Things:

Apparently you must not have much seniority or you wouldn't be worried about run selection or truck choice. From what I was told by a Conway driver who asked me about the "whole union thing", run selection is done by the top 15 or so guys before everything gets delved out to the flex board, all based on seniority. Been there and done it with the new tractor. It had power windows, power locks, power mirrors, cruise control, tilt wheel, am/fm/cd/sat radio, heated mirrors, axle lock and did 82 MPH. Too bad the POS ate turbos, EGRs, and A/C compressors for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It also had a nasty vibration in the driveline that no shop could figure out. For less than $200 any driver can put a blue tooth ready, satellite radio ready, ipod/iphone ready and HD radio ready stereo in their tractor and be set. I did it in my tractor at my previous job for the ipod. Anyway, this thread isn't about new trucks and electronics. It is about what a union can possibly do to change things for the better at Conway. Seems like you are more concerned about a precious bonus, a new truck and picking a good run. Tell me though... if Conway was such a good, profit strong company, then why are there so many disgruntled "freight industry workers" there and why did they take money from you in the past? The union will negotiate your pay raises and get them set in the contract. I urge you to look at UPS and YRC's contracts if you don't believe me. Raises are spelled out in black and white. So now I ask you, How do you think the union will change the way you are able to make money? I think you are a low man on the totem pole and are afraid to have a job where seniority means something and is rewarded.