Holland | 3 nastiest motels?

Thats two votes for YT, I guess I must be really tired when I get there, I'll have to look around a little better next time. I like MS as one of the best, if you take away the ride CH is pretty good, DE is not bad. Good breakfast at EV and LE.

the last time in CT, I asked to get a room just off the lobby down the hall to the right, and it was not bad. Much better than going out to that building in the back left.

My favorite is Milwaukee, and I like Wheeling(try Monica's Mexican Restaurant in the plaza across the street, excellent food) . Spartanburg isn't bad and has the best breakfast.

The worst are any hotel that says "Americas Best Value Inn", which aren't run by Americans by the way.
90qzN6X.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1. KC. You know you're in for a good time when you check in thru bullet-proof glass

2. RO.

3. GR, YT, TO. Couldn't decide, don't like staying at any of these.

I forgot about GR. Cockroach infested crap hole.

TO, anybody get assigned the room on the 1st floor with no windows or even a back door? You feel like you're in a room designed to observe Army psychiatric patients. I think it's room #120 or something, last room at the far end of the building as your looking out from the check in desk/lobby. How that room can conform to code is anybody's guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot about GR. Cockroach infested crap hole.

TO, anybody get assigned the room on the 1st floor with no windows or even a back door? You feel like you're in a room designed to observe Army psychiatric patients. I think it's room #120 or something, last room at the far end of the building as your looking out from the check in desk/lobby. How that room can conform to code is anybody's guess.

I have been in that room, it sucks.....although, to their credit, in the front building, on the 2nd floor, the rooms are decent. TO is a crapshoot, but at least its not GR. I hope we get a new hotel with the new terminal.....

Limburger cheese! (smells like :crap:)

One time a customer rubbed Limburger cheese off his finger and onto my ink pen on purpose, after he signed my bill. (He was a prankster) I kept my pen near my ear, tucked into my hat. I didn't realize what he had done and the Limburger cheese got in my hair and I smelled like {turd} for the rest of the day. Funny to say the least. I accused him of having his finger in his hinder all day and that was what had caused the smell. My customers probably thought that I had a little gas leak for the rest of the day.
Sorry, but the Limburger comment brought back a funny old memory......I couldn't resist.
:biglaugh:

how bout the goofy floors in the rooms at sl? fake hardwood that amplifies the noise. it smells funny in those rooms too.....although the pretty bartender at the doubletap makes it bearable.....
I'm in SL NOW, not much sleep here either with all the beating and banging going on on te 3rd floor, said something to the clerk and she just gave me this look like "what u want me to do". Looks like an on ramp going to be my friend tonight :)

I've never had a problem at LI. Yeah its not a 5 star place, but the rooms I have stayed in have been clean. Not seen the brown water. Never saw any bugs in the place. Yes the hallway smells like curry.

Forgot about CT, yeah that one sucks too.

IN is pretty shabby, and if you are on the highway side, its damn noisy there.

Never very excited to stay in DN either
DN reminds me of "Bates Motel" just walking in that place feels creepy