Holland | 3 nastiest motels?

We switched motels in Danville and Lincoln, I am in the Super 8 accross from the Dixie truck stop right now. It is not perfect, but a huge improvement over that other dump.
I have not been to the new one in Danville yet, but my buddy has, when you get off I74 and head north to get to the terminal you turn left to get over to the frontage road the terminal is on. Right there when you make that left the Best Western on the frontage road.

We switched motels in Danville and Lincoln, I am in the Super 8 accross from the Dixie truck stop right now. It is not perfect, but a huge improvement over that other dump.
I have not been to the new one in Danville yet, but my buddy has, when you get off I74 and head north to get to the terminal you turn left to get over to the frontage road the terminal is on. Right there when you make that left the Best Western on the frontage road.

Sounds like good news to me. We stayed at that Best Western for a short time, around 2007. Was very nice, from what I remember. Hope everyone behaves themselves there and doesn't get us kicked out again.

I was at Chattanooga last week and they told me they will be tearing the current motel down in 2016. This year they are building a Bass Pro Shop just past the motel on the curve and next year they are building something where the current motel is, not sure what.

They switched us back to the dump in Lincoln, they just dont get it. Guys driving million and a half mile trucks staying in motels where you have to be afraid to brush your teeth with that brown water. I am done trying to convince guys to come here. I hope they all go somewhere else to work. I really hate to say it, but I think a non union might be a better choice, at least they have a retirement plan of some sort. If anyone hears me talking about this being a good company, please just slap me up side of my head when you see me out on the road. Good Day!

Guys driving million and a half mile trucks staying in motels where you have to be afraid to brush your teeth with that brown water.

It might be a productivity strategy by the company. They might think that drinking that brown water will switch you over to Buster Brown mentality.
:biglaugh:

They switched us back to the dump in Lincoln, they just dont get it. Guys driving million and a half mile trucks staying in motels where you have to be afraid to brush your teeth with that brown water. I am done trying to convince guys to come here. I hope they all go somewhere else to work. I really hate to say it, but I think a non union might be a better choice, at least they have a retirement plan of some sort. If anyone hears me talking about this being a good company, please just slap me up side of my head when you see me out on the road. Good Day!

So what do we do? I understand your frustration brother. We do have a fleet comprised of mainly 1 million+ mile tractors right now. We are giving back 15% in wages, and 75% in a pension fund. Some of the hotel's are not the best. Some are pretty nice, some very nice. We still do not sleep in the old Estes bunk houses.

Take a gander at the other forums on this board, you will find that no other LTL has drivers with anywhere near complete satisfaction. Most of the forums have drivers with the same disgust as many here. Put 20 drivers in a room, 19 will be dissatisfied with something. There is not one industry in this country that is same as it was 20 years ago. We have the advantage over the non union LTL's, as we are Teamster's. We have a platform for negotiation. We have to be smart and use that to better this industry the same way the Teamster's in the early to mid way of the 20th century did. We have to fight, but we also have to make our employers money.

The Holland of the past is gone. At the same time there really is nothing better out there. The guys who left Holland who post on this board and pray Holland goes under only to justify their decision of leaving after 10 or 20 years,.....it sucks to be them. They could have stayed. The guys who got UPS feeder jobs...kudos. Not every one can or will work at UPS. Some who left for UPS freight jobs came back to Holland.

And by the way.... WalMart sucks!!!! Any driver who posts on here WalMart was the answer to their prayers is mind screwing themselves and was NEVER A TEAMSTER. And more than one Holland driver who left for WalMart, has come back, or already quit the big middle class screw company, aka walmart.

The vast majority of Holland drivers I have worked with at Holland are some of the hardest working driver's I have had the pleasure of working with. I don't know of many companies whose LTL line haul drivers average 500 to 600+ miles a night, 5 to 6 nights a week, and do it with professionalism, by both the veteran and new drivers, and with the equipment we are forced to operate with.

We can all vent, and complain. In the end we chose to work here. We can give up and say it sucks, or we can face reality and be Teamster's.

Last minute edit, YRC Freight...... 400 mile a night, primadonna beauty queens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stayed in CL on Tuesday 5/19. Noticed some bites on my arm, not too bad, don't think much about them. By the weekend they seem a little worse. Wife sees them and asks whats that. I tell her I think something bit me. She freaks out, spends some time looking up bug bites on the internet. Seems to think they are ant bites. Somewhat relieved its not bedbugs. On the way to work after the Holiday, on Tuesday 5/26 I called Central to register a complaint. Just got a call from my union steward, I'm getting a letter for not reporting this "in a timely manner". Speechless.

Stayed in CL on Tuesday 5/19. Noticed some bites on my arm, not too bad, don't think much about them. By the weekend they seem a little worse. Wife sees them and asks whats that. I tell her I think something bit me. She freaks out, spends some time looking up bug bites on the internet. Seems to think they are ant bites. Somewhat relieved its not bedbugs. On the way to work after the Holiday, on Tuesday 5/26 I called Central to register a complaint. Just got a call from my union steward, I'm getting a letter for not reporting this "in a timely manner". Speechless.
No good deed goes unpunished

You need to spend more time at the bar, and less in your room.....

Well kinda thinking that its time to put SLEEPERS on the line haul company owned trucks , this would solve the nasty bates motel problem ???

well you kinda got 2 choices , (1) stay at the Bates flea bag motel (2) sleeper cab , because the union or company does not care about you or anything else anymore and will not make any changes or even enforce the work rules anymore , it's not our good old Holland from pre-yellow pig days !!!!!

Well kinda thinking that its time to put SLEEPERS on the line haul company owned trucks , this would solve the nasty bates motel problem ???
Careful what you ask for W. Have seen some team guys show up to meet their extra board partner and he or she looks , and smells like they haven't cleaned up since the last trip !!!! When they show up with just a pillow case over their shoulder filled with who knows what, you will have a whole different outlook on spending the next 4 or 5 days with them.

CL is a sheet hole hotel. All the Prima Donna bid guys with the "reserved" rooms, love it. Only thing good about it is the bar. Too bad we can't crash on the pool table. I guess if management thinks the prima donnas like it, the rest of us are fckd. That is what is is all about, keeping the prima donna senior citizens happy. You know, the fcks who complain about all the new guys, but have no balls for filing even a simple grievance.

Last edited by a moderator:
CL is a sheet hole hotel. All the Prima Donna bid guys with the "reserved" rooms, love it. Only thing good about it is the bar. Too bad we can't crash on the pool table. I guess if management thinks the prima donnas like it, the rest of us are fckd. That is what is is all about, keeping the prima donna senior citizens happy. You know, the fcks who complain about all the new guys, but have no balls for filing even a simple grievance.
One day you just might be one of those"prima donna" as you call them senior guys !!

I never had a :shit:ty room in CL. Hell I really wouldn't know or remember. Front desk had to come beat on door to wake me up I got so wasted last time I was there lmao.