Central Transport | 3 new companies

vijax

TB Lurker
Credits
vitran has now brought 2 supply chains and now milan express in the last year. guess with whos money? im tired of hearing how the company doesnt make much money. its b.s. what do you think?

vitran has now brought 2 supply chains and now milan express in the last year. guess with whos money? im tired of hearing how the company doesnt make much money. its b.s. what do you think?

From what the press releases show, the supply chain has made a good bit of money for the company so whats the problem with that? I am pretty sure that if it wasn't for the supply chain purchase, we wouldn't have gotten our raise back. I like the purchase of milan, now I can put in for a transfer to georgia!

my thing truckertim is they have money to buy other companies,they can restore our 401k, safety bonuses, raises , and give us our 5% back now.

From what the press releases show, the supply chain has made a good bit of money for the company so whats the problem with that? I am pretty sure that if it wasn't for the supply chain purchase, we wouldn't have gotten our raise back. I like the purchase of milan, now I can put in for a transfer to georgia!

Raises? No, you are mistaken. You will get your 5% back piecemeal over 2011, IF they show a profit (buying a company will take care of that). No raises. How much more are you paying for rent, gas, food etc now versus 2 years ago? There is still a raise freeze. They promised (key word: promised) the 5% back to kill the union talk that started to circulate this past summer, that's all. And it worked.

it sure has scotty425,no vitran drivers seemed to be too concerned over the company screwing them out of what the company took away.

What is it now? For family coverage?

depends on what plan you pick. the coverage differs . 3 plans. i have the top one and for me,wife,and daughter it now costs me $80 a week. it might be less, but i got some additional life insurance coverage. the company is self insured,bc/bs handles the administrative part of it. we have 80%/ 20% plans. the $80 includes dental and vision also but those plans are really bad. i paid 20% now on dental for a teeth cleaning that was free before. vision is good for eye exam and one pair of glasses but after that the rest is otta your pocket. they give us long term disability and the short term cost $5 a week. the benefits have been cut the last 2 years on how much you get on these but i highly recommend getting the short term. we had a few drivers get hurt and had no income until the long term kicked in.the short term covers even if its off the job. hope this helps, some other drivers might know more.

Thanks for the info.!

I do appreciate the feedback. Can you tell me if benefits provided are "uniform" throughout the company? Do the P-Jax guys and Chris guys receive the same benefits?

We do thank all of you for keeping the info flowing. Everyday there are more rumors among drivers-"I heard so and so" and "old so and so said...". Like I said, many of us liken this forum to a crystal ball. Most all of us know that regardless of the company, management will only reveal information to its employees when it is most beneficial for the company. Watch and listen for the 4th quarter profit report on Feb. 10th. See if you notice a change in the attitude of management both prior to and after the results are in.

the pjax and vitran guys do. don't know about chris, probably. and milan employees will fill out applications for vitran and will be given the same bennys.