R&L | 3 States are now paying LineHaul hourly

30wheeler

TB Lurker
Credits
New pay plan for Washington, Oregon and, California LineHaul Drivers!
With the time and a-half for overtime they are doing a whole lot better then the Run pay that we are getting.
Before all the nay sayer's jump all over me call the west coast terminals and ask them if they are paying there LineHaul Drivers hourly.

Sweet, I have a feeling this is do to some state work law. It would be nice to see this happen company wide.....I won't hold my breath.
If you could find out what is behind this, that would be some info that others could maybe push to get done in their respective states. Thanks

I am getting conflicting stories on the time and a half?
That makes a big difference.
In California the Robert Mendez VS. R&L Carriers case that took 4 years to settle..
It is not as good as you may think!
Some Drivers took a big hit in pay.
Be careful what you wish for!

Just going by your first post, your leading it to everyone that it sounds pretty good. Now your second post seems to be scolding my comment. I don't say anything to anyone at work about what I see on here anyways so its not like the ball was starting to roll. Just making a comment. As far as pallet (yawn) jack, old news and doesn't seem to bother any of the 18 city guys we got. (yawn). (couldn't find a smiley that was yawning soooo :nono h4h: )

I am getting conflicting stories on the time and a half?
That makes a big difference.
In California the Robert Mendez VS. R&L Carriers case that took 4 years to settle..
It is not as good as you may think!
Some Drivers took a big hit in pay.
Be careful what you wish for!
Can you give some examples of the difference of pay on the west coast vs the rest of the system?
Whats the big hit on pay?

The drivers who were talking have stopped talking.
One driver took a $40 pay cut due to what the line haul pay was versus what he gets hourly.
California Drivers pay started at $25.00 per hour and goes up from there with each year. That was a few years ago .
I was told that they were not supposed to have said anything. So much for the Open Door policy

The drivers who were talking have stopped talking.
One driver took a $40 pay cut due to what the line haul pay was versus what he gets hourly.
California Drivers pay started at $25.00 per hour and goes up from there with each year. That was a few years ago .
I was told that they were not supposed to have said anything. So much for the Open Door policy
Now I am hearing of a mass exodus of line drivers in California! Has anyone else heard this? Mainly in so cal

Unless hourly pay was $30/hr with overtime of $45 for overtime After 8 I would take a serious paycut over my mileage and drop and hook pay
Why should I get payed the same hourly for doin a 700 mile 6 trip night as a slacker who does a 500 mile 4 trip night because he works slower,takes naps,stops at truck stops. I'll take the mileage unless they give me the numbers above. I don't see that happening.

Unless hourly pay was $30/hr with overtime of $45 for overtime After 8 I would take a serious paycut over my mileage and drop and hook pay
Why should I get payed the same hourly for doin a 700 mile 6 trip night as a slacker who does a 500 mile 4 trip night because he works slower,takes naps,stops at truck stops. I'll take the mileage unless they give me the numbers above. I don't see that happening.
They have put a new more exotic tracking system on there tractors that keep very close tabs on them. I forgot the name of it but management tried to make it sound horrible!