3 Tractor 1 Car Accident I95N TODAY

WanabeTrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey guys, I was stuck in traffic for over 4 hours and 30 mins due to an accident on I-95 Northbound. Avoid the Post Road (Rt. 1) and Rt. 34 everything is screwed up around here due to the accident.

Unfortunately the driver of one of the tractors was killed and multiple injuries occurred. Here is the story and a link to the video with really eye opening video.

I-95 is still closed traffic is being diverted off at exit 34 to the post road. From exits 11-34 is where the traffic had started around 9 this morning now I heard a few drivers talking about traffic back at the GWB but transmission was not clear on my CB...

Fatal accident closes
I-95 in Milford

Updated: Wednesday, 13 May 2009, 12:10 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 13 May 2009, 6:28 AM EDT

Milford (WTNH) - One person is dead and several injured following a chain reaction crash on I-95 north in Milford.

It happened around 5:45 a.m. near Exit 34. State Police say three trucks and three passenger vehicles were involved in the accident.

State police say it appears that one of the tractor trailer drivers did not see that traffic had slowed down due to DOT work in the area, causing the chain reaction crash. That driver died as a result of the crash.

There is a fuel spill associated with the accident so the DEP has been called in to help with the clean up.

The northbound lanes are being diverted off the highway after the Moses Wheeler Bridge. There are also curiosity delays in the southbound lanes.

Several others are said to have minor injuries. No DOT workers were injured.
---
Fatal accident closes I-95 in Milford | wtnh.com
---
Picture of the traffic I took on my cell phone while sitting at idle behind a car carrier.
n596530829_2668132_1841684.jpg

Thanks a lot for this update report WanabeTrucker.
I posted the first report on this crash with a raw overhead video this morning around 7:09AM.

Thanks a lot for this update report WanabeTrucker.
I posted the first report on this crash with a raw overhead video this morning around 7:09AM.

Yea I didn't know that it started so early, I had left for work around 7:45 am I just pulled into my driveway around 12ish, since I gave up trying alternate routes after being diverted off.

I have no pictures of the accident just a few shots of traffic.

Hay you've got way more than I had in my first post.
You done good thanks a lot.
The raw video I posted didn't have any sound.

Thanks to all who help me out on this Forum.