SAIA | 3 year probation abolished

I don’t believe it. The driver is lying to just :censored: with y’all. Everyone at our terminal in P&D that came back started at bottom and got the appropriate jacked up start times. And there is no way you could know about his vacation. Don’t you think we would notice and say something if we noticed they were coming in early. No, that :::shit::: doesn’t happen here and I don’t believe it happens at other terminals either. I know of one guy that moved into the line (system) because he got sick of coming in so late. If you quit you lose all of your seniority. Not buying it or should I say his bull crap story.
Train you may have knowledge of what happens at your barn, this happened at a barn in the Ohio region. Once again rules are different region to region, terminal to terminal.

Train did your barn not have a certain city driver that had their own truck that no one else was allowed to touch, much less drive ?

I don’t believe it. The driver is lying to just :censored: with y’all. Everyone at our terminal in P&D that came back started at bottom and got the appropriate jacked up start times. And there is no way you could know about his vacation. Don’t you think we would notice and say something if we noticed they were coming in early. No, that :::shit::: doesn’t happen here and I don’t believe it happens at other terminals either. I know of one guy that moved into the line (system) because he got sick of coming in so late. If you quit you lose all of your seniority. Not buying it or should I say his bull :::shit::: story. No offense but you guys sound like a bunch of punks afraid to speak up. Call HR and tell them. I damn sure would if I thought that :::shit::: was going on and so would my co-workers.
Who are you calling a punk? Just because you haven’t heard the story doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen. At a small terminal that needs drivers,I can see it happening. It doesn’t matter to me if it happened. I was just letting you know that more than one person has knowledge of this. I guess name calling is another way of :stirthepot:.

I don’t believe it. The driver is lying to just :censored: with y’all. Everyone at our terminal in P&D that came back started at bottom and got the appropriate jacked up start times. And there is no way you could know about his vacation. Don’t you think we would notice and say something if we noticed they were coming in early. No, that :::shit::: doesn’t happen here and I don’t believe it happens at other terminals either. I know of one guy that moved into the line (system) because he got sick of coming in so late. If you quit you lose all of your seniority. Not buying it or should I say his bull :::shit::: story. No offense but you guys sound like a bunch of punks afraid to speak up. Call HR and tell them. I damn sure would if I thought that :::shit::: was going on and so would my co-workers.
You don’t know who I’ve talked to about this and it wasn’t a driver. And again it doesn’t matter to me, I just asked if they knew about it.

Train did your barn not have a certain city driver that had their own truck that no one else was allowed to touch, much less drive ?
Yes, but she lost that truck because everyone was complaining about it. I must say that was wrong and I’m glad she has to slip-seat like everyone else now.

Who are you calling a punk? Just because you haven’t heard the story doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen. At a small terminal that needs drivers,I can see it happening. It doesn’t matter to me if it happened. I was just letting you know that more than one person has knowledge of this. I guess name calling is another way of :stirthepot:.
Don’t be so thin skinned Prunester

Train you may have knowledge of what happens at your barn, this happened at a barn in the Ohio region. Once again rules are different region to region, terminal to terminal.
Ok, I can’t say for sure it doesn’t happen at your barn but I can say it doesn’t happen at my barn. My biggest problem with that story is who in the **** would be stupid enough to go around bragging about that. That would be a sure fire way to get bumped to the bottom if that started going around the terminal.

I’m not thin skinned. I’ve seen you get bent out of shape over things that guys have said about you. I don’t know you and you don’t know me but I’ve worked here for more than a minute and I know more than you think.

I’m not thin skinned. I’ve seen you get bent out of shape over things that guys have said about you. I don’t know you and you don’t know me but I’ve worked here for more than a minute and I know more than you think.
Damn Dude, lighten up!! You take the bait too easy. And yes I can get pissed at times but I always keeps things in perspective. I know my place in the big scheme of things.

Ok, I can’t say for sure it doesn’t happen at your barn but I can say it doesn’t happen at my barn. My biggest problem with that story is who in the :censored: would be stupid enough to go around bragging about that. That would be a sure fire way to get bumped to the bottom if that started going around the terminal.
I don’t think they were bragging. I think it just got out. I don’t know the guy personally but he might be well liked by his coworkers and they might not have cared. They might have been glad just to get help.

I don’t think they were bragging. I think it just got out. I don’t know the guy personally but he might be well liked by his coworkers and they might not have cared. They might have been glad just to get help.
That’s possible but in my opinion he should have kept his mouth shut.

Damn Dude, lighten up!! You take the bait too easy. And yes I can get pissed at times but I always keeps things in perspective. I know my place in the big scheme of things.
Thats not bait by calling people punks, thats a direct shot at the nads. There are people on this site that have alot of solid info, and alot that have water cooler :crap:. Were not trying to spread crap Train , at least not some of us.

What exactly is my perspective about this job. It can best be described with some lyrics from a song by Merle Haggard ..... “Pancho and Lefty” ..... “All the Federales say .... They could have had him any day .... They only let him slip away .... Out of kindness, I suppose.” This company could cut me loose anytime. I know my place. And they know who I am. Let’s not kid each other. Like I say, I know my place in the big scheme of things. I’m just too old and smart to ever be blindsided.

Last edited:
Thats not bait by calling people punks, thats a direct shot at the nads. There are people on this site that have alot of solid info, and alot that have water cooler :crap:. Were not trying to spread crap Train , at least not some of us.
Most guys I know just come on here to view. They are afraid to give up their email address and become a member because the owner of this site can track your IP address and disclose you to the company if he wanted to. He would never do that but they don’t know that. I once was a moderator on this site and Jeff (the owner) holds everyone’s anonymity as his top priority. Chill brother, things aren’t personal.

Jeff woudnt have much of a site if he betrayed everyones trust would he ?
Your absolutely correct but the driver perception of these type of sites make them nervous. I don’t know why. That’s just the way it is. Jeff would be biting off the hand that feeds him and why they can’t understand that is beyond me.

The main reason SAIA has remained union free for almost 100 years is because when enough workers voice concerns they do listen. The union free culture started in 1924 and remains because the company does listen to it’s employees even if at times we do have to shout. Most the time we don’t even have to raise our voices. They just simply do the right thing before things reach the tipping point.
So how many drivers were unjustly fired before Saia did the right thing?

What exactly is my perspective about this job. It can best be described with some lyrics from a song by Merle Haggard ..... “Pancho and Lefty” ..... “All the Federales say .... They could have had him any day .... They only let him slip away .... Out of kindness, I suppose.” This company could cut me loose anytime. I know my place. And they know who I am. Let’s not kid each other. Like I say, I know my place in the big scheme of things. I’m just too old and smart to ever be blindsided.

Don't give up your day job, Tex, you can't carry a tune in a bucket.
BTW, don't think Merle wrote this one.
You sound more like Ernest Tubb when he stepped on a splinter while
waltzing across Texas.

Don't give up your day job, Tex, you can't carry a tune in a bucket.
BTW, don't think Merle wrote this one.
You sound more like Ernest Tubb when he stepped on a splinter while
waltzing across Texas.
I won’t but I do enjoying singing it at karaoke for free. BTW, I’m not certain but I think Merle did have a major role in writing that song.