XPO | 30 millon dollar contract with amazon?

on the corner of Stanford and Perry at that light were the old John Deere building used to be,thats an amazon now too...

Damn, they is a growing. But remember how last year we were all talking about the Caterpilar contract ? And really nothing happened. So I ain't holding my breath.

Damn, they is a growing. But remember how last year we were all talking about the Caterpilar contract ? And really nothing happened. So I ain't holding my breath.

I don't know about the rest of the sc's, but down here we get our fair share of caterpillar from Texas .. And it's some ugly stuff too ! Brush hogs, augers etc ... Lots of heavy crates to, Lda is covered up with that stuff .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope is doesn't increase residential deliveries. That = high accident rate.

Don't worry, they'll figure out a way to hang those residential disasters on us, haven't they always?

If we're gonna get the outbound part of it, it will mean a heck of a lot more residentials... UPS Freight has most of it down in our area and I talked to one of their guys, and they are doing a crapload of residentials b/c of Amazon.

Don't worry, they'll figure out a way to hang those residential disasters on us, haven't they always?

If we're gonna get the outbound part of it, it will mean a heck of a lot more residentials... UPS Freight has most of it down in our area and I talked to one of their guys, and they are doing a crapload of residentials b/c of Amazon.
Better get a bigger OS&D bay..

if i am not mistaken i heard somebody say we are going from 1% to 30% of amazon. so i dont think we get all of it. thats a good thing! averitt gets the rest. more junk freight!

far as i know estes and conway has the bulk of it. aaa cooper and southeastern have a small portion as well as everyone else. abf lost this account in my area.

I doubt ABF "lost" that account. My guess is that they let that one slide. ABF has the reputation and ability to be selective.

ABF is about to be in a world of hurt. They are trying to sue YRC for breach of the NMFTA. And failing. They are going into a contract year. Struggling with an aging workforce faced with a CSPF that is in worse shape than social security. And dealing with intense competiton in a marginal market. While trying to survive the ever changing regulations ( aren't we all ). I hope those guys are as tough as they say they are. There is money to be made out there. But it is getting tougher and tougher to get.

ABF is about to be in a world of hurt. They are trying to sue YRC for breach of the NMFTA. And failing. They are going into a contract year. Struggling with an aging workforce faced with a CSPF that is in worse shape than social security. And dealing with intense competiton in a marginal market. While trying to survive the ever changing regulations ( aren't we all ). I hope those guys are as tough as they say they are. There is money to be made out there. But it is getting tougher and tougher to get.
Those guys at ABF will be just fine. ABF wants a contract just for ABF only , and also I think an aging workforce is a helliva lot better then an inexperienced work force like what Conway is creating ! These guys are Rollin boxes, wrecking all over the highway . Running into trees head on and backing into cars and buildings .. For heaven sake's these guys can't even keep the forklifts on the dock, and that don't include ramming a tractor through the shop wall ! Experience vs lack of will cost conway in the long run ..and over time they will be a world of hurt to ! Just saying..

social security is the only social program doing good and fully funded. this forum is full of liers.no worder same characters giving their own opinions or lies.

social security is the only social program doing good and fully funded. this forum is full of liers.no worder same characters giving their own opinions or lies.

Not really a full comment there. What are you trying to say ? Because social security is in making it's bills today does not mean it is in good shape tomorrow. The baby boom generation holds an enormous burden on the rest of the population. And even with the increase to 6.2% it will not cover the extended lives we live today. The same way social security will pay me around 66% of what I should have received. CSPF is looking to do a " Fair Share " payout. To spread out the short fall in funds. If you go to the politics forum we have discussed this at length for some time. The guys at ABF are very pro-union. And good for them. But it may likely have lost them the ability to compete with price on the Amazon account.

Just blurting out we are all liars is a bit weak. Tell us why. We have opinions. We share them. We would like to hear yours as well.

Just because one poster's opinion differs from yours...doesn't make them a liar...just diverse.

Rat

There is a massive Amazon distribution center being built right now and should be completed late this year or early next year here in Chesterfield,VA. We are expecting a good volume of inbound and outbound freight from this distribution center. Its good for us.....we need it. The bottom guys should have plenty of swap outs to do!

There is a massive Amazon distribution center being built right now and should be completed late this year or early next year here in Chesterfield,VA. We are expecting a good volume of inbound and outbound freight from this distribution center. Its good for us.....we need it. The bottom guys should have plenty of swap outs to do!

Ok I personally think Free Freight Dot com will not be Good For Con~way the way Folks think it will be but hey we gonna haul there crap just cause corporate thinks we should We already haul too much Crap For free !!

You guys will hate delivering to Amazon. They are probably the biggest pain. You check in with guard at your appointment or wait in the yard till appointment. Back in door drop trailer pull at least 15ft from it. They come out put nose stand under it lock the glad hand and put wheel chock then lock it to the dock. They treat everybody as a criminal wont even let you use the bathroom. I had to run the gate and go take a major crap one day when I was sick. Came back got chewed out by the guard then receiving boss and then my boss called. Once I told guard and my boss what happened they understood. The receiving boss didn't care told me if I did it again I would be banned and we would be in danger of loosing contract.

You guys will hate delivering to Amazon. They are probably the biggest pain. You check in with guard at your appointment or wait in the yard till appointment. Back in door drop trailer pull at least 15ft from it. They come out put nose stand under it lock the glad hand and put wheel chock then lock it to the dock. They treat everybody as a criminal wont even let you use the bathroom. I had to run the gate and go take a major crap one day when I was sick. Came back got chewed out by the guard then receiving boss and then my boss called. Once I told guard and my boss what happened they understood. The receiving boss didn't care told me if I did it again I would be banned and we would be in danger of loosing contract.

When Amazon was in the Lone Star State, we had one in Irving, and we had to pick a driver up once because he had already been there for his 14 hours..I'm glad they are gone...