XPO | 30 millon dollar contract with amazon?

You guys will hate delivering to Amazon. They are probably the biggest pain. You check in with guard at your appointment or wait in the yard till appointment. Back in door drop trailer pull at least 15ft from it. They come out put nose stand under it lock the glad hand and put wheel chock then lock it to the dock. They treat everybody as a criminal wont even let you use the bathroom. I had to run the gate and go take a major crap one day when I was sick. Came back got chewed out by the guard then receiving boss and then my boss called. Once I told guard and my boss what happened they understood. The receiving boss didn't care told me if I did it again I would be banned and we would be in danger of loosing contract.

The rodent's response would have been "take your contract and stuff it"....

Nothing worse than some minor self important management @ashole thinking they have been elevated to diety...these d!ckheads are a dime a dozen...and just as easily replaced.

Rat

When Amazon was in the Lone Star State, we had one in Irving, and we had to pick a driver up once because he had already been there for his 14 hours..I'm glad they are gone...

Reminds me of B&H photo in NYC when I did P&D for a little while. Receiving guy would play games, send you to the back of the line, sometimes 10-20 trucks because your bills weren't in order. Supervisors would tell you to suck it up. Most days I got my 8 hrs from that one stop and then some. I hate that place and will never buy anything from them.

Reminds me of B&H photo in NYC when I did P&D for a little while. Receiving guy would play games, send you to the back of the line, sometimes 10-20 trucks because your bills weren't in order. Supervisors would tell you to suck it up. Most days I got my 8 hrs from that one stop and then some. I hate that place and will never buy anything from them.

Eight hours at one place...just waiting!!!

I would have VOLUNTEERED for that delivery.

Supervisors telling you to 'suck it up'!!!

Okee Dokee!!!!...

I am all in!!!!

"I will call you when I am done!!!"

WTF!!!...I would have bribed the receiving guy TO SEND ME TO THE BACK OF THE LINE!!!

Learn to work the system and the system will work for you!!!!

Rat

Not when you're the bottom flex guy who gets thee junkiest old linehaul or city unit in the middle of NYC summer with no A/C. Time is precious, and it was mind numbing to sit at one place for hours.

Not when you're the bottom flex guy who gets thee junkiest old linehaul or city unit in the middle of NYC summer with no A/C. Time is precious, and it was mind numbing to sit at one place for hours.

Can't be that bad .. What does it get ' like 80 degrees up the in the summer?

how the hell is conway suppose to get a truck with a pup in my mobile home park to deliver a 10 lbs package!!! I can already tell the driver is gonna say he needs a liftgate to deliver it!!!! J/K...I use to work for conway in Irvine before I worked for fedex!

You guys will hate delivering to Amazon. They are probably the biggest pain. You check in with guard at your appointment or wait in the yard till appointment. Back in door drop trailer pull at least 15ft from it. They come out put nose stand under it lock the glad hand and put wheel chock then lock it to the dock. They treat everybody as a criminal wont even let you use the bathroom. I had to run the gate and go take a major crap one day when I was sick. Came back got chewed out by the guard then receiving boss and then my boss called. Once I told guard and my boss what happened they understood. The receiving boss didn't care told me if I did it again I would be banned and we would be in danger of loosing contract.

I would have sat on the tractor frame and crapped in his yard. Then shake his hand and tell him to have a nice day. Oh no! I'm banned from this pos yard??? Whatever shall I do? Some moron clipboard monkey has no control over who does or doesn't get an eight figure contract.

Sounds like crap Frt., alot of home D/Ls.

first of all it took us 2 years to land this 35 million dollar account! and we were told it will be all distribution center to distribution center, sounds to me like a good deal. You guys whin about everything just look a major accound we have now, hopefully more profit. Steady paychecks, even benifits might stay the same. Lets's just truck and let the powers to be handle these major accounts!

Kaint yall reed....distabuchun to distabuchun....no ressidenshal.....dang nabbit....dis iz da ezzy frait to daliver....efereebdee wantsa cumplane bout nyting day cans....30 millins iz alotsa monees for da con-way buzines.....big skids of stuf....al srinked rapped tite........cccaaaammmooon!!!!hehehehhahahahhehehehhahaha

...and they say the work ethic is dead. Thanks for not being here anymore.

Okee Dokee!!!!...

I am all in!!!!

WTF!!!...I would have bribed the receiving guy TO SEND ME TO THE BACK OF THE LINE!!!

Rat

I don't know about you hoss, but if dispatch tells me to sit tight, then sit tight I sit. I'm just a number, not paid, expected, or desired to be able to think for myself. When my meter's running, I'll work my ass off if I have to run, but if they're willing to pay me to sit, who am I to argue with them?

Okee Dokee!!!!...

I am all in!!!!

Rat

During my time with the company I sat at many new Menards stores for over 9 hours at at time just to unload two pups.

I kept calling the terminal and was told to keep hangin' on...the company made lots of money over that account!!!

So take your "thanks for not working here" comment and stuff it.

When you have put as many years into this biz as I have then perhaps you can come back here and make a qualitative statement...until then remember..."Silence is Golden."

King Solomon's fortune is just waiting for your discovery.

Rat